Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › RAID Controllers and Software › PERC 5/i RAID Card: Tips and Benchmarks
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PERC 5/i RAID Card: Tips and Benchmarks - Page 210

post #2091 of 7172
all my dead batteries didnt show up in the bios or megaraid - testing the cell voltage showed less than 1V and my lithium chargers rejected the cell as unchargable.

changing the cell to a new 3.7v using the existing charging circuit and cable made the bbu show up in the bios and megaraid - so no, a dead battery (not just discharged to the point where it is rechargable) will not show up at all.
post #2092 of 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk View Post
all my dead batteries didnt show up in the bios or megaraid - testing the cell voltage showed less than 1V and my lithium chargers rejected the cell as unchargable.

changing the cell to a new 3.7v using the existing charging circuit and cable made the bbu show up in the bios and megaraid - so no, a dead battery (not just discharged to the point where it is rechargable) will not show up at all.
thanks so there is still hope
post #2093 of 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
The power plugs... are they:
yellow|black|red|black|orange

Or: yellow|black|red|black
Standard molex connector:

Yellow - Pin 1
Black - Pins 2 and 3
Red - Pin 4.
Gaming Rig
(19 items)
 
 
New Custom Case
(3 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 Asus 990fx Sabertooth Diamond hd7970 Diamond HD7970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws OCZ Agility 3  2Tb Seagate Sata3 3Tb Western Digital Green Drive 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Bluray Burner Swiftech HD Koolance MVR-100 Koolance CHC-125 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech MC35x2 with dual top Feser Triple 120 Radiator Corsair SP120 Quiet x 3 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
PowerCase
Corsair AX750 CaseLabs M8 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(19 items)
 
 
New Custom Case
(3 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
8350 Asus 990fx Sabertooth Diamond hd7970 Diamond HD7970 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Gskill Ripjaws OCZ Agility 3  2Tb Seagate Sata3 3Tb Western Digital Green Drive 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Bluray Burner Swiftech HD Koolance MVR-100 Koolance CHC-125 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech MC35x2 with dual top Feser Triple 120 Radiator Corsair SP120 Quiet x 3 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
PowerCase
Corsair AX750 CaseLabs M8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2094 of 7172
hay to all

i have the perc 5 and i have some problems with him at the windows

start up.

i use the nLITE program to input the driver into the windows to skip the F6

process but at the install the system do not see the controller

this is my system

A8N premium

opteron 175

4 gb ram

2 raptor - for windows

200 giga for storage

i try almost all base XP system

server 2003 32 and 64

xp 32 and 64

the blue screen see the driver in the text that run but in the next
screen "windows is start now"

some unformat partition.

before the install i configure them in the prec util and
it was OK and optimal

many thanks
post #2095 of 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by dany33 View Post
hay to all

i have the perc 5 and i have some problems with him at the windows

start up.

i use the nLITE program to input the driver into the windows to skip the F6

process but at the install the system do not see the controller

this is my system

A8N premium

opteron 175

4 gb ram

2 raptor - for windows

200 giga for storage

i try almost all base XP system

server 2003 32 and 64

xp 32 and 64

the blue screen see the driver in the text that run but in the next
screen "windows is start now"

some unformat partition.

before the install i configure them in the prec util and
it was OK and optimal

many thanks
Wait, did I read this correctly...

You went to windows installer, and when it gets past the loading and goes to windows is loading now, it shows you an unformatted partition?

this is okay, you can install to the unformatted partition, as long as its the array you want to install to. After you create an array in the PERC BIOS it will start out as unformatted.

Was there data on the drives previously? Is that what you're talking about? Because when you create a new array it deletes all data from the drives you make an array out of...

Also, what drives are you running in an array on this card? how big is your final array?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 ASUS P6T Deluxe eVGA GTX 680 6x4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Boot R0: 2x256GB Corsair SSD; Scratch R0: 3x750GB Samsung 22x LightScribe DVD+/-DL [SATA] Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Dell 2407FPWx2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruPower Q 1KW Custom Fabricated 18" cube (Mountain Mods UFO) Logitech G9 Laser 
Mouse Pad
Faux Woodgrain (My Desk) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 ASUS P6T Deluxe eVGA GTX 680 6x4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Boot R0: 2x256GB Corsair SSD; Scratch R0: 3x750GB Samsung 22x LightScribe DVD+/-DL [SATA] Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Dell 2407FPWx2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruPower Q 1KW Custom Fabricated 18" cube (Mountain Mods UFO) Logitech G9 Laser 
Mouse Pad
Faux Woodgrain (My Desk) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2096 of 7172
first thanks for your help

in the install process this is what i get after the system see the hardrrive

Unknown area

there is no any data on the drive i format theme with the controller

with the raid 0 partition.the final size is 67.750

2 raptor 36 but the prec see 34 each.

second

how can i bueild rebuild or format the final area on this card??

in this point i have the problem the raid area not mach to the windows format
Edited by dany33 - 4/9/09 at 10:31pm
post #2097 of 7172
Quote:
Originally Posted by dany33 View Post
first thanks for your help

in the install process this is what i get after the system see the hardrrive

Unknown area

there is no any data on the drive i format theme with the controller

with the raid 0 partition.the final size is 67.750

2 raptor 36 but the prec see 34 each.

second

how can i bueild rebuild or format the final area on this card??

in this point i have the problem the raid area not mach to the windows format
If it says Unknown partition, you can just hit enter on it and the windows installer will format it for you, and ask whether to use FAT32 or NTFS.

The card BIOS has no way to FORMAT the drives, but it can INITIALIZE them as an array. These are two separate things. Array Initialization is just creating a logical disk out of a virtual array. Then Windows needs to Initialize it once again in order to be formatted, as either MBR or GPT (depending on the array size. Remember that Windows needs to boot from an MBR partition, and only new versions of Windows can read GPT). Then, furthermore after that, Windows must Format the drive with a filesystem.

So basically that Unknown partition just hasn't been formatted yet. Just tell it to install there and it should ask you if you want to format it, and you would say yes, and as NTFS or NTFS (Quick) and it should be on its way.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 ASUS P6T Deluxe eVGA GTX 680 6x4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Boot R0: 2x256GB Corsair SSD; Scratch R0: 3x750GB Samsung 22x LightScribe DVD+/-DL [SATA] Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Dell 2407FPWx2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruPower Q 1KW Custom Fabricated 18" cube (Mountain Mods UFO) Logitech G9 Laser 
Mouse Pad
Faux Woodgrain (My Desk) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 ASUS P6T Deluxe eVGA GTX 680 6x4GB Kingston Hyper X DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Boot R0: 2x256GB Corsair SSD; Scratch R0: 3x750GB Samsung 22x LightScribe DVD+/-DL [SATA] Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Dell 2407FPWx2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Antec TruPower Q 1KW Custom Fabricated 18" cube (Mountain Mods UFO) Logitech G9 Laser 
Mouse Pad
Faux Woodgrain (My Desk) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2098 of 7172
ok but

in the install i can only SEE the Unknown partition.the installer dont give

to format them at all.i try outside program like HIREN disk and i cant see the

drives on the prec 5.

i have more harddrives on the pc connected to the mother boarod and them i

see and can format.some how the drives on the prec can not be format.

i do the INITIALIZE maby 8 times to clear the raptor from old files to make sure clean install

and steel i have this problem
Edited by dany33 - 4/9/09 at 10:49pm
post #2099 of 7172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dany33 View Post
ok but

in the install i can only SEE the Unknown partition.the installer dont give

to format them at all.i try outside program like HIREN disk and i cant see the

drives on the prec 5.

i have more harddrives on the pc connected to the mother boarod and them i

see and can format.some how the drives on the prec can not be format.

i do the INITIALIZE maby 8 times to clear the raptor from old files to make sure clean install

and steel i have this problem
Did you install the PERC 5/i drivers in Windows?
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2100 of 7172
yes

i take the windows install files with the nlite program and i did a new program
with a little modification.i have to say i try almost all driver for this controller...

from dell site and from LSI site (i did him a flash bios that he can work with XP base systems)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: RAID Controllers and Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › RAID Controllers and Software › PERC 5/i RAID Card: Tips and Benchmarks