Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club! - Page 1015

post #10141 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Gaming View Post

Fossile I was just bustin your balls as I thought you could hang with it. I did get a rise out of you but shrug it off and roll with it Bro. tongue.gif If I did not like you I'd not reply to your post at all wink.gif
Seriously you will get more performance out of the FSB speeds than you will out of CPU clock Multies.wink.gif
I have a M2N32 SLI Deluxe set up that I can play with in an attempt to give you easy settings to get you going if that will help any. I have 2x1GB OCZ DDR2-800 or Corsair 2x2GB DDR2-1066 to play with just to dial my system in as close to yours as possible. Let me know if you need help tuning the settings beyond what was already discussed and I'll be more than happy to assist as I'm sure others will be as well.

lol, we are cool. I can take the heat. wink.gif

I appreciate your offer but I think the M2N32 is too different to really give me settings to run with. I know they have different VRM/phase setups which I believe is the main reason more people have better success overclocking their CPU's.

I'll make time this week when I hit the sack/during work to run some tests. My board has never liked FSB OC in the past so I hope it can play nice even with a mild 3.6ghz with 250x14.5.

EDIT: rut ro, these OC stress tests may have to wait. I got my beta invite for PSO2. Crunch time all week!
Edited by Fossil - 4/22/12 at 5:30pm
Sager NP8652
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4720HQ P65_P67SG Nvidia GTX 980M 16GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB 500GB HDD Windows 7 x64 Home AOC Q3277FQE 
KeyboardMouseMouse PadAudio
Sentey Cobalt Pro Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QK Mini Steelseries Arctis 3 
  hide details  
Reply
Sager NP8652
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4720HQ P65_P67SG Nvidia GTX 980M 16GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB 500GB HDD Windows 7 x64 Home AOC Q3277FQE 
KeyboardMouseMouse PadAudio
Sentey Cobalt Pro Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QK Mini Steelseries Arctis 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10142 of 12360
This is a long shot but is anyone using the m2n32-sli wireless with BackTrack via VMWare?

My wired connection is recognized without a problem but the wireless connection returns with a "Could not connect device: Driver Error"

I've tried using NAT and Bridged mode w/physical connection replication and neither would allow me to connect with my wireless card.
T3k
(13 items)
 
The Tibaldi
(9 items)
 
WooJoo
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3210 h77 HD4000 GeForce 640 LE 
RAMHard DriveOSOS
4gb of something 5400rpm slowness 13.04 Ubuntu x64  Windows 8 Pro 
Monitor
1920x1080 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965 BE 4.0GHZ (250 x 15.5) @1.5V m2n32 sli deluxe - 2000mhz @ 1.3V Asus TOP 5850 1GB 950/1200 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Velociraptor 150GB, WD raptor 74gb TDK 880N DVDRW Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Westinghouse 22" lcd 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek eclipse II Corsair 620W modular Cooler Master ATCS 840 black emprex 
  hide details  
Reply
T3k
(13 items)
 
The Tibaldi
(9 items)
 
WooJoo
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3210 h77 HD4000 GeForce 640 LE 
RAMHard DriveOSOS
4gb of something 5400rpm slowness 13.04 Ubuntu x64  Windows 8 Pro 
Monitor
1920x1080 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
965 BE 4.0GHZ (250 x 15.5) @1.5V m2n32 sli deluxe - 2000mhz @ 1.3V Asus TOP 5850 1GB 950/1200 Kingston HyperX 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Velociraptor 150GB, WD raptor 74gb TDK 880N DVDRW Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Westinghouse 22" lcd 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek eclipse II Corsair 620W modular Cooler Master ATCS 840 black emprex 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10143 of 12360
i haz the 32 deluxe and having alot of issues overclocking a 6000+ tryed almost everything to get it to atleast 3.2ghz but cant seem to do it im thinking i have a bad chip or a bad bios anyone else on here overclock the 6000+ windsor and could tell me what settings they used and also what bios is the best to use for overclocking cuz im using the 5002 bios will post pics when i can

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2346970 biggrin.gif
Silvia
(7 items)
 
Red Queen
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-7600k Asrock Z270M Extreme 4 GTX 1060 Galax HOF 
Hard DriveOSCase
Samsung 850 pro windows 10 pro enthoo evolv matx tempered glass 
  hide details  
Reply
Silvia
(7 items)
 
Red Queen
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-7600k Asrock Z270M Extreme 4 GTX 1060 Galax HOF 
Hard DriveOSCase
Samsung 850 pro windows 10 pro enthoo evolv matx tempered glass 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10144 of 12360
Thanks a bunch for this thread, guys!

I successfully loaded an 965 a couple of days ago (going to validate) thanks to this great thread.

I've got a question though; occasionally when the comp is booting, it's reading the CPU just fine, but it seems to halt (it just stops the boot process) on reading the memory. I have four sticks inserted, a total of 6GB (667Mhz), unganged. The only thing that works to get past that stage and on to the HDDs, is to take out the power cord and reboot.

Is this a common problem? Some some settings i should know about in the BIOS regarding the RAM?
post #10145 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlay View Post

i haz the 32 deluxe and having alot of issues overclocking a 6000+ tryed almost everything to get it to atleast 3.2ghz but cant seem to do it im thinking i have a bad chip or a bad bios anyone else on here overclock the 6000+ windsor and could tell me what settings they used and also what bios is the best to use for overclocking cuz im using the 5002 bios will post pics when i can
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2346970 biggrin.gif


1.36V seems a bit low if you want to OC your CPU further. Try increasing the voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffe View Post

Thanks a bunch for this thread, guys!
I successfully loaded an 965 a couple of days ago (going to validate) thanks to this great thread.
I've got a question though; occasionally when the comp is booting, it's reading the CPU just fine, but it seems to halt (it just stops the boot process) on reading the memory. I have four sticks inserted, a total of 6GB (667Mhz), unganged. The only thing that works to get past that stage and on to the HDDs, is to take out the power cord and reboot.
Is this a common problem? Some some settings i should know about in the BIOS regarding the RAM?

It might be that the IMC that is struggling a bit because you use four memory sticks.
You could try the increasing the voltage to the memory a bit to see if that helps. If you have a M2N32 board you can adjust the "clock ckew" option in the BIOS as well.
You should be aware these boards does sometimes have a tendency to have difficulties cold booting.
Test rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sempron 145 @ 4.6GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 8800GT Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB 
  hide details  
Reply
Test rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sempron 145 @ 4.6GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 8800GT Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10146 of 12360
Wanting to know the best place to order a bios chip. Im not sure if thats the problem or not. But its a lot cheaper than buying a new board. I picked up an m2n32sli deluxe in a bulk buy and can't get it to post. Board powers on like it should but no post. I have tried 3 different PSs, different ram, single sticks tried in each slot, board stripped down to just CPU and ram, tried with a phenom 9500 and a sempron, I've reset the CMOS , replaced cmos battery, Im getting no beeps or post. Any ideas of what to try next or is the board dead?
post #10147 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSwizz View Post

It might be that the IMC that is struggling a bit because you use four memory sticks.
You could try the increasing the voltage to the memory a bit to see if that helps. If you have a M2N32 board you can adjust the "clock ckew" option in the BIOS as well.
You should be aware these boards does sometimes have a tendency to have difficulties cold booting.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Btw, now all of a sudden windows shows cpu as 803Mhz, but CPU-Z and Core Temp reports 3,4Ghz for all the four cores. What can cause this to suddenly happen?
post #10148 of 12360
Does anyone have experience with SSD's on the M2N-SLI Deluxe? I am really considering getting one of the newer SSD Cache Drives to act as a speed boost for the most active programs on my HDD. I found some posts back in this topic that a few of you have had SSD's that worked fine. But is there anything I need to know about installing an SSD Cache? This board is so old I don't really know what it is capable of in this department of hardware.
Sager NP8652
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4720HQ P65_P67SG Nvidia GTX 980M 16GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB 500GB HDD Windows 7 x64 Home AOC Q3277FQE 
KeyboardMouseMouse PadAudio
Sentey Cobalt Pro Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QK Mini Steelseries Arctis 3 
  hide details  
Reply
Sager NP8652
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4720HQ P65_P67SG Nvidia GTX 980M 16GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB 500GB HDD Windows 7 x64 Home AOC Q3277FQE 
KeyboardMouseMouse PadAudio
Sentey Cobalt Pro Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QK Mini Steelseries Arctis 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10149 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil View Post

Does anyone have experience with SSD's on the M2N-SLI Deluxe? I am really considering getting one of the newer SSD Cache Drives to act as a speed boost for the most active programs on my HDD. I found some posts back in this topic that a few of you have had SSD's that worked fine. But is there anything I need to know about installing an SSD Cache? This board is so old I don't really know what it is capable of in this department of hardware.

I have used older Sandforce (SF-1200) based SSD with my M2N32 boards without issues. However I remember that gr8sho had some issues with his SSD (I think it is SF-2200 based).

The nvidia SATA controllers does not support AHCI and thus not "trim" either. The M2N-SLI Deluxe does have a secondary SATA controller that does support AHCI. I don't know how good that controller is though; if you are unlucky it uses the PCI bus which limits your max data transfer speeds.
Test rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sempron 145 @ 4.6GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 8800GT Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB 
  hide details  
Reply
Test rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sempron 145 @ 4.6GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 8800GT Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10150 of 12360
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSwizz View Post

1.36V seems a bit low if you want to OC your CPU further. Try increasing the voltage.
oh I forgot to say i have it under volted cuz i didnt have it overclocked and when i go to overclock i turn it up to about 1.475 and also tryed 1.5 which should be to much but cant get it to run at 220fsb with 15x multiplier it runs but will not boot and at 116 fsb i runs but isnt prime stable also tryed 14x multiplier and when i go to set it to 230 fsb it resets the multiplier to 15x and cant boot at that speed also tryed 12x and got it to run with a 270fsb but didnt boot i thinking i need to increase north and south volts and was wondering if you could tell me a good place to find a tutorial on how to do this i have never mess around with them and dont know where to start thumb.gif
Silvia
(7 items)
 
Red Queen
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-7600k Asrock Z270M Extreme 4 GTX 1060 Galax HOF 
Hard DriveOSCase
Samsung 850 pro windows 10 pro enthoo evolv matx tempered glass 
  hide details  
Reply
Silvia
(7 items)
 
Red Queen
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel I5-7600k Asrock Z270M Extreme 4 GTX 1060 Galax HOF 
Hard DriveOSCase
Samsung 850 pro windows 10 pro enthoo evolv matx tempered glass 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!