Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club! - Page 1082

post #10811 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens View Post

Perfect! I have one in my m2n sli dlx

But I have the normal version, without deluxe...
post #10812 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmolinos View Post

But I have the normal version, without deluxe...

just saying that those chips work with these boards as well. its a 95w chip so it should be fine at stock on your board. might even clock it a bit higher with vrm cooling and leaving it at stock volts.
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10813 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil View Post

@Agent - Damn nice looking rig. I am really pleased with how shiny the sinks are on the motherboard still. smile.gif

Thanks, I spent some time cleaning up the the board after spending most of it's life in my old dusty Antec 900 case. I never noticed this even though i have taken the board out of the case many times over the years; both chipset sinks still had the protective plastic covering them so I took those off and it looks brand spanking new.

I decided to throw that fan on the heat pipe after i noticed that the sinks were getting too hot to touch and the motherboard temp was going over 43c at times.
post #10814 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro View Post

Try bumping the cpu to nb ht voltage to 1.25v.
Gyro

So what does the NB do?

Does the memory interface through that?

Still having problems if I go over 200 fsb and trying to isolate if this is memory issue so I can RMA it or if it is board issue.

Going to run LONG memtest with 200 fsb and see what that gets me.
I was getting errors (finally) in memtest after 4 passes when I was over 200.
Not sure if that is the ram itself or if the board is having issues.
post #10815 of 12343
The voltage I suggested is the NB HT volts,not the actual NB volts.
Raising it can help when running high reference clocks.(cpu freq)

Are you dropping the cpu multi when raising the ref clock?
When trying for higher ref clock you should keep cpu at or below stock clock.A cpu multi of 13 or 13.5 at most once you reach 240-250 or higher.
Have you tried removing the 1x1gb ram sticks and just run the 2x2gb sticks?

To change cpu volts in PMT/Windows use the NB vid.(AM2 boards only)


Gyro
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ph IIx4 955 @ 3.2 Asus M2N32-sli dlx Asus GTX 460 1gb DirectCU MSI GTX 460 1gb Cyclone 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x2gb OCZ ddr2 1066 plats seagate 320gb sata lg supermulti dvd WIN 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer p221w ms SS ST75F-P 750w CM 690modded w/KazeMaster pro 
Mouse
ms intellimouse explorer3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ph IIx4 955 @ 3.2 Asus M2N32-sli dlx Asus GTX 460 1gb DirectCU MSI GTX 460 1gb Cyclone 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x2gb OCZ ddr2 1066 plats seagate 320gb sata lg supermulti dvd WIN 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer p221w ms SS ST75F-P 750w CM 690modded w/KazeMaster pro 
Mouse
ms intellimouse explorer3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10816 of 12343
Well my 1*1 set has always happily run 800 MHz.
Now can't get over 667.
I thought I needed to set ram to 667 in BIOS but looking at the m2n32 with 965 on first page of thread it looks like everyone keeping BIOS set to 800.

I'd hate to lose ram getting this to work but I'll probably test each set at 800 like others seem to use.

Actually kinda hoping just faulty ram so I can still rma it.

Does 7 64 run well with 4gb?
Do lot of gaming.
I know my XP pro that I'm running now uses around 1.2 gb right after boot.

EDIT:

OK I'm an idiot, old ram runs on 2.1, new ram runs on 1.8.
Could be why it was failing at 800, currently testing only the new 2*2 sticks.
I think corsair covers the ram up to 2.1 even on the new so if this passes tests I might try that and put old back in.

Update
New 2*2 sticks kept giving me errors on several settings now.
Testing with my old ram to rule out motherboard issue.
Edited by amd-m2n - 11/3/12 at 9:26am
post #10817 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd-m2n View Post

Well my 1*1 set has always happily run 800 MHz.
Now can't get over 667.
I thought I needed to set ram to 667 in BIOS but looking at the m2n32 with 965 on first page of thread it looks like everyone keeping BIOS set to 800.
I'd hate to lose ram getting this to work but I'll probably test each set at 800 like others seem to use.
Actually kinda hoping just faulty ram so I can still rma it.
Does 7 64 run well with 4gb?
Do lot of gaming.
I know my XP pro that I'm running now uses around 1.2 gb right after boot.
EDIT:
OK I'm an idiot, old ram runs on 2.1, new ram runs on 1.8.
Could be why it was failing at 800, currently testing only the new 2*2 sticks.
I think corsair covers the ram up to 2.1 even on the new so if this passes tests I might try that and put old back in.
Update
New 2*2 sticks kept giving me errors on several settings now.
Testing with my old ram to rule out motherboard issue.

I have been running win7 64 bit fine on 4gb for some time now. It games fine @ 1080p and multitasks fine.
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10818 of 12343
Old 1*1 pair working same as before.
800 MHz 4-4-4-12.

First time getting bad ram.

Might pick up a single 2gb stick to replace my 1*1 set after I get working 2*2.
That would keep voltages matched.
post #10819 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by amd-m2n View Post

Old 1*1 pair working same as before.
800 MHz 4-4-4-12.

First time getting bad ram.

Might pick up a single 2gb stick to replace my 1*1 set after I get working 2*2.
That would keep voltages matched.


If you are going to rma the 2x2gb sticks try to get another set of the same,for 8gb total.(check out the for sale section)
If you run an odd number of sticks(2x1gb +1x2gb) you will lose dual channel.

Win 7 64 is the way to go.


Gyro
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ph IIx4 955 @ 3.2 Asus M2N32-sli dlx Asus GTX 460 1gb DirectCU MSI GTX 460 1gb Cyclone 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x2gb OCZ ddr2 1066 plats seagate 320gb sata lg supermulti dvd WIN 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer p221w ms SS ST75F-P 750w CM 690modded w/KazeMaster pro 
Mouse
ms intellimouse explorer3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ph IIx4 955 @ 3.2 Asus M2N32-sli dlx Asus GTX 460 1gb DirectCU MSI GTX 460 1gb Cyclone 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x2gb OCZ ddr2 1066 plats seagate 320gb sata lg supermulti dvd WIN 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer p221w ms SS ST75F-P 750w CM 690modded w/KazeMaster pro 
Mouse
ms intellimouse explorer3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10820 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro View Post

If you are going to rma the 2x2gb sticks try to get another set of the same,for 8gb total.(check out the for sale section)
If you run an odd number of sticks(2x1gb +1x2gb) you will lose dual channel.
Win 7 64 is the way to go.
Gyro

You sure? My old socket A board would dual channel the matched pairs and run single on the odd one.

I meant new 2*2 + single 2 all same spec.

Not sure how many more years I can squeeze out of this board.
Can take it all with me to next board except the ddr2. frown.gif

I'll probably run only 2*2 if both pairs won't cooperate.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!