Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club! - Page 759

post #7581 of 12343
I have a question about the m2n32 sli deluxe MB. On the motherboard near the battery there are two 3 pin connectors labeled PWR_Fan and CHIP_Fan, can these be used to hook up regular case fans? My other 4 Chassis fan connectors are full.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz Asus M2N32 Sli-Deluxe Wireless EVGA 460 GTX Superclocked 4 Gigs 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB 7200rpm Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 64-bit Dell 2209W 
PowerCase
Corsair 750 Watt HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 945 3.0ghz Asus M2N32 Sli-Deluxe Wireless EVGA 460 GTX Superclocked 4 Gigs 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB 7200rpm Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 64-bit Dell 2209W 
PowerCase
Corsair 750 Watt HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7582 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carm View Post
I have a question about the m2n32 sli deluxe MB. On the motherboard near the battery there are two 3 pin connectors labeled PWR_Fan and CHIP_Fan, can these be used to hook up regular case fans? My other 4 Chassis fan connectors are full.
Yes, you can connect any fan to them.
Test rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sempron 145 @ 4.6GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 8800GT Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB 
  hide details  
Reply
Test rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sempron 145 @ 4.6GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 8800GT Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7583 of 12343
For people having problems accessing options in bios ( i am using Bios 5002 with a 970BE), just click your Num Lock button so its enabled and for some strange reason you can access your bios options normally.

Also Keshin, you installed the 970, but from your CPU-Z, it says you have it @ 1.392v - 201.98 x 17.5???

I currently have mine at 1.36v which is a lower volts than yours and a faster mhz clock ((I have mine @ 210.2 x 18 to give 3784mhz @1.36v))

but i can overclock past 4000Mhz easily if i up it to 1.42v+ and the temperature difference is not that much if you have a good cooler.

I don't understand why your raised the volts up that far, you only need 1.33v to get the standard chip default speed anyway.
Edited by Tirade - 12/4/10 at 7:16am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AM2 Phenom II X4 970BE Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wifi edition XFX GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB DDR3 DVI X 2(SLI) OC'd Geil 4 X 1GB Ultra DDR2 PC6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 320GB SATAII/Seagate 500GB SATAII Sony DVD RW DRU-V200S Windows 7 64 bit Eternity LG L226WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Hp standard PS/2 OCZ PSU 700GXS Sli 700W Antec 900 Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AM2 Phenom II X4 970BE Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wifi edition XFX GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB DDR3 DVI X 2(SLI) OC'd Geil 4 X 1GB Ultra DDR2 PC6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 320GB SATAII/Seagate 500GB SATAII Sony DVD RW DRU-V200S Windows 7 64 bit Eternity LG L226WT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Hp standard PS/2 OCZ PSU 700GXS Sli 700W Antec 900 Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7584 of 12343
I don't know why, but CPU-Z is reporting my CPU voltage so high, I only had it set at 1.36 in the CMOS.

I have since then set my cpu to 1.33 and cpu-z still reports it at around 1.36 so basically I am gonna go by what is says in the CMOS. Good news is, I have gotten it to run prime 95 stable for a good 16 hours at this setting and at 18x multi. Also hard set my ram mode to unganged since from what I have read this is better for multi threaded apps which I do run.

I am not really looking to do much overclocking at this time till my AS-5 has a bit of time to cure and from my experience, that will be in about a month or 2 before i see any real changes with my temps.
post #7585 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_kenshin View Post
I don't know why, but CPU-Z is reporting my CPU voltage so high, I only had it set at 1.36 in the CMOS.

I have since then set my cpu to 1.33 and cpu-z still reports it at around 1.36 so basically I am gonna go by what is says in the CMOS. Good news is, I have gotten it to run prime 95 stable for a good 16 hours at this setting and at 18x multi. Also hard set my ram mode to unganged since from what I have read this is better for multi threaded apps which I do run.

I am not really looking to do much overclocking at this time till my AS-5 has a bit of time to cure and from my experience, that will be in about a month or 2 before i see any real changes with my temps.
There's about a 0.3V overvolt between BIOS and reality, so you can lower the BIOS a bit more if you'd like.
Gaming Monster
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3930k ASUS Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX Titan SC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X CL8 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Crucial C300 SSD 60GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 1TB Samsung F3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
6TB External RAID 0 EK Block, XSPC 3x120mm Radiator Windows 8 64-bit 34" LG 34UC87C-B 21:9 IPS LED Monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" ASUS VG278H Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Corsair AX750 Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 9HD Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Samson C01U Condenser Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Monster
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3930k ASUS Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX Titan SC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X CL8 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Crucial C300 SSD 60GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 1TB Samsung F3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
6TB External RAID 0 EK Block, XSPC 3x120mm Radiator Windows 8 64-bit 34" LG 34UC87C-B 21:9 IPS LED Monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" ASUS VG278H Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Corsair AX750 Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 9HD Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Samson C01U Condenser Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7586 of 12343
Hey guys.. long time lurker. I also own a M2N32-SLI Deluxe. I'm running a modded bios of 2205. Right now I only have a 4800+ installed, but after finding this very helpful thread, I would like to go with something like a Phenom II X4 920 (I found a decent deal on newegg) for one. According to the table in the OP, it seems as though I could get away with a X4 940 without going past 2205 (since it looks like others have been capable).

I wouldnt worry about overclocking much. My M2N32-SLI has been rock solid for 4+ years now. Recently upgraded to a GTS 450 videocard, and I have 4x1GB of 4-4-4-12 Corsair XMS2 ram so I'm good to go on that front. I would just like to prolong upgraded for another year or two.

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions?
Main
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570k Ivy Bridge P8Z77-V EVGA Geforce GTX 660 SC Corsair 2x8GB Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Corsair H80 Windows 7 64-bit Samsung BX2250 LED 
PowerCase
OCZ 650W Modular Antec P180 
  hide details  
Reply
Main
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 3570k Ivy Bridge P8Z77-V EVGA Geforce GTX 660 SC Corsair 2x8GB Vengence 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB Corsair H80 Windows 7 64-bit Samsung BX2250 LED 
PowerCase
OCZ 650W Modular Antec P180 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7587 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirial View Post
Hey guys.. long time lurker. I also own a M2N32-SLI Deluxe. I'm running a modded bios of 2205. Right now I only have a 4800+ installed, but after finding this very helpful thread, I would like to go with something like a Phenom II X4 920 (I found a decent deal on newegg) for one. According to the table in the OP, it seems as though I could get away with a X4 940 without going past 2205 (since it looks like others have been capable).

I wouldnt worry about overclocking much. My M2N32-SLI has been rock solid for 4+ years now. Recently upgraded to a GTS 450 videocard, and I have 4x1GB of 4-4-4-12 Corsair XMS2 ram so I'm good to go on that front. I would just like to prolong upgraded for another year or two.

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions?

Buy a CPU with C3 stepping instead: They can be overclocked much higher.

You don't really need a newer BIOS for the Phenom II/Athlon II CPUs: I am currently running a Phenom II 555 at 4.1GHz with BIOS 2209 (and there is only minor differences between the 220x BIOSes). My CPU works just fine without the nvidia-tools too :-)
Test rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sempron 145 @ 4.6GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 8800GT Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB 
  hide details  
Reply
Test rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sempron 145 @ 4.6GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 8800GT Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7588 of 12343
I just bought some new memory for my M2N32 sli Deluxe board and I have a Phenom II X4 945 that is soon to be installed. I purchased a 4gb kit of OCZ DDR2 1066 PC2-8500 Platinum and I just want to make sure that this will run Ok on this board. From what I have read it will run at 1066mhz as long as I have a Phemom II installed and only run 2 sticks of 1066 ram. Am I right about this? Will this run fine on this board?

Oh, and I will be installing Win7 64 also.

Thanks
post #7589 of 12343
Welcome everyone. I was wondering is it possible to run Phenom II x4 970 BE on M2N-SLi Deluxe mobo, I had it compared to 955 on the AMD website and apart from different clock speed they look exactly the same. 955 is officially supported with 5001 BIOS upgrade but 970 is not even mentioned anywhere. Have anyone tried this setup and can share his knowledge in these field. Thank you in advance
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ M2N-SLI Deluxe 2x 8800gts 512 2x 1GB Kingstone 
Power
OCZ 700 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ M2N-SLI Deluxe 2x 8800gts 512 2x 1GB Kingstone 
Power
OCZ 700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7590 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm357 View Post
I just bought some new memory for my M2N32 sli Deluxe board and I have a Phenom II X4 945 that is soon to be installed. I purchased a 4gb kit of OCZ DDR2 1066 PC2-8500 Platinum and I just want to make sure that this will run Ok on this board. From what I have read it will run at 1066mhz as long as I have a Phemom II installed and only run 2 sticks of 1066 ram. Am I right about this? Will this run fine on this board?

Oh, and I will be installing Win7 64 also.

Thanks
Well to be honest some can get it to work others can't.
The good thing is you can can run it at 800mhz and oc with the fsb,which is what you will need to do any ways with the x4 945.
You can then put your other sticks of 800 in channel B and have 6gb ram.
The ocz plats are decent oc'ers too.

Good luck


Quote:
Originally Posted by -bob- View Post
Welcome everyone. I was wondering is it possible to run Phenom II x4 970 BE on M2N-SLi Deluxe mobo, I had it compared to 955 on the AMD website and apart from different clock speed they look exactly the same. 955 is officially supported with 5001 BIOS upgrade but 970 is not even mentioned anywhere. Have anyone tried this setup and can share his knowledge in these field. Thank you in advance
The 955/965's work on your board so the 970 should too.
If you look a few posts up Tirade and Agent_kenshin have 970's running on the 590 chipset.

Good luck

Gyro
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ph IIx4 955 @ 3.2 Asus M2N32-sli dlx Asus GTX 460 1gb DirectCU MSI GTX 460 1gb Cyclone 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x2gb OCZ ddr2 1066 plats seagate 320gb sata lg supermulti dvd WIN 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer p221w ms SS ST75F-P 750w CM 690modded w/KazeMaster pro 
Mouse
ms intellimouse explorer3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ph IIx4 955 @ 3.2 Asus M2N32-sli dlx Asus GTX 460 1gb DirectCU MSI GTX 460 1gb Cyclone 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x2gb OCZ ddr2 1066 plats seagate 320gb sata lg supermulti dvd WIN 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer p221w ms SS ST75F-P 750w CM 690modded w/KazeMaster pro 
Mouse
ms intellimouse explorer3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!