Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club! - Page 773

post #7721 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fryer View Post
the cap on the cpu is 62..
Sorry, not understanding what you meant.
post #7722 of 12360
sorry my fault. the max temp for that cpu is 62*C if i remember right, so that is its thermal threshold, running it at or above that can be bad on the cpu's internals.
post #7723 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fryer View Post
sorry my fault. the max temp for that cpu is 62*C if i remember right, so that is its thermal threshold, running it at or above that can be bad on the cpu's internals.
Right, 62 or 63
post #7724 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash01 View Post
I have corsai F60
M2N32, havent AHCI but SSD is really fast also without.
I have flashed my ssd with lastest rom (or bios? ) and with some benchmark my values are around 200mb/s and not around 285/275 like SSD does with AHCI ON.

I had a raptor before

This is my boot time, my friend with AHCI on does 2-3 seconds less (same application installed - with 945 and MB with AHCI




p.s. thx for rep
Nice times.

Can anyone recommend a 120gig version? Is it worth it to get a sata3 with a pci card to support sata3? My current base win7 install plus "critical" apps comes out to 55gigs. An 80gig would still be tight...
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 @ 4.08GHz 1.3750v M2N32SLI - Deluxe ATI 4890 2 x 2gig, 2 x 1gig Patriot 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
500gig Win 7 Pro (64bit) OCZ 1000W LianLi 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 @ 4.08GHz 1.3750v M2N32SLI - Deluxe ATI 4890 2 x 2gig, 2 x 1gig Patriot 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
500gig Win 7 Pro (64bit) OCZ 1000W LianLi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7725 of 12360
hmm i just ran the same prog and i boot in 46 seconds, sata 2 500gb maxtor.
post #7726 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fryer View Post
hmm i just ran the same prog and i boot in 46 seconds, sata 2 500gb maxtor.
Caviar Black?
Yes, but different system, different applications..and transfer rate i think that is much different

Anyway, imho 120GB is too much expensive and big. I have 22.3gb free on my F60, how many applications u will install? 55gb?
For game and storage, I use a normal HDD

I dont know in ur city, but I have paid 120euro my SSD, 2euro/GB.
Here in italy F120 costs 220euro, if i look only at performances could be better do a RAID of F60, right? Have u thought about a raid?

Or wait next year for new SSD of intel

post #7727 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash01 View Post
Caviar Black?
Yes, but different system, different applications..and transfer rate i think that is much different

nope, it is one of the original ones, i think it is a regular caviar, not any kind of black blue of green edition, it was made before them even came out.
post #7728 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fryer View Post
nope, it is one of the original ones, i think it is a regular caviar, not any kind of black blue of green edition, it was made before them even came out.
Fryer, Crash

What are your window's experience scores for the hard disk. I know its not a "great" test to base things on but i'm curious to know numbers. I'm running off an old 500gig seagate 7200.10 drive and i get an index score of 5.8.

As for the speed of ssd, from all the benchmarks i've read up on i'm pretty sure you'll see a significate difference when compared to a standard 7200 rpm drive.

I used to run a pair of 10k cheetah SCSI drives in raid and doing an install of winxp literially took 5minutes when the side bar said ~25minutes.... Lightening fast but also extremely noisey both in dbs and the fact that it created this high pitched whining that made it very hard to sleep if my system was on through the night (i live in a condo and the pc is in the other room).

I do a lot of photoshop and am trying to get into video. Addition to my drive i boot from, i have another 3 x 2TB and 2x 1TB drives... Looking to get one of those sans digital 8 bay hdd towers but i want to wait for usb3/sata3 so i don't wait forever when transfering large sets of data.

When i dive into the world of 1080p video editing there's going to be a lot of data to be moved around...
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 @ 4.08GHz 1.3750v M2N32SLI - Deluxe ATI 4890 2 x 2gig, 2 x 1gig Patriot 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
500gig Win 7 Pro (64bit) OCZ 1000W LianLi 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 @ 4.08GHz 1.3750v M2N32SLI - Deluxe ATI 4890 2 x 2gig, 2 x 1gig Patriot 800MHz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
500gig Win 7 Pro (64bit) OCZ 1000W LianLi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7729 of 12360
why have I not seen Nvidia style AM3 MBs with SATA3 and USB3, but I suppose the next tech intels with 32nm socket I3/I5/I7 chips (even new I3 32nm chips???), will support SATA3 and USB3
Edited by Mit Namso - 12/24/10 at 1:30pm
Car replacement
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
pII x4 40 @ 3.72GHz NB @ 2.79GHz M4A89gtd PRO/USB3 Sapphire 6950 2GB nonRef 950/1520 @1.2V 4GB Gskill DDR3 CL7eco @1656 6-8-6-20-24-1T 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Black 640GB SATA3 Windows 7 Ultimate BenQ 24" G2420HD 1920x1080 SeaSonic M12II 520W 
Case
TV stand on wheels + cardboard door 
  hide details  
Reply
Car replacement
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
pII x4 40 @ 3.72GHz NB @ 2.79GHz M4A89gtd PRO/USB3 Sapphire 6950 2GB nonRef 950/1520 @1.2V 4GB Gskill DDR3 CL7eco @1656 6-8-6-20-24-1T 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Black 640GB SATA3 Windows 7 Ultimate BenQ 24" G2420HD 1920x1080 SeaSonic M12II 520W 
Case
TV stand on wheels + cardboard door 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7730 of 12360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datastorm View Post
Fryer, Crash

What are your window's experience scores for the hard disk. I know its not a "great" test to base things on but i'm curious to know numbers. I'm running off an old 500gig seagate 7200.10 drive and i get an index score of 5.8.

As for the speed of ssd, from all the benchmarks i've read up on i'm pretty sure you'll see a significate difference when compared to a standard 7200 rpm drive.

I used to run a pair of 10k cheetah SCSI drives in raid and doing an install of winxp literially took 5minutes when the side bar said ~25minutes.... Lightening fast but also extremely noisey both in dbs and the fact that it created this high pitched whining that made it very hard to sleep if my system was on through the night (i live in a condo and the pc is in the other room).

I do a lot of photoshop and am trying to get into video. Addition to my drive i boot from, i have another 3 x 2TB and 2x 1TB drives... Looking to get one of those sans digital 8 bay hdd towers but i want to wait for usb3/sata3 so i don't wait forever when transfering large sets of data.

When i dive into the world of 1080p video editing there's going to be a lot of data to be moved around...
Sure
CPU: 7.3 (@ 3ghz)
RAM: 7.3
GPU: 7.4 (740/1050/1850)
Game: 7.4
HDD: 7.2


Only 7.2 because we havent AHCI, i think (and hope )

In house on other computers I have also an x25-m 80gb and a pair of WD VR, If can i help u, in ur tests, ask everything

U have noise also if use sound absorption panels? And anti-vibration on HDD?
Edited by crash01 - 12/24/10 at 12:53pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!