Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club! - Page 832

post #8311 of 12343
sounds like you might have a bad chip. i would suggest trying it in another system, or if you don't have one go to a local pc shop and ask them to check it for post.
post #8312 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fryer View Post
I have hit 3.8ghz with 1.425v, but my cooler just don't cut it.. with my zalman it hit 57*C at idle. i wouldn't dare try to stress it. i think if i went with a good water, or better setup i could hit 4.0. i have been actually reading up on phaze change cooling, and trying to learn how to go about setup and tuning it. i would love to build one of my own. right now money is a huge issue, but i have the compressor already..lol
On the M2N-SLI Deluxe board? meh... I've never been able to get anything past 3.5ghz stable. And it takes me 1.425v just to get 3.5ghz stable. Though I did not know that that cpu/ht chipset vt was for NB so that's nice to know now.

I've usually had my RAM oc'd in the past to acheive my overclocks but after all the trial and error I had getting my CPU stable for SMP folding I had to back it down to stock. So maybe I'll try again sometime to see if I can push the CPU past 3.5ghz since I don't fold with it right now(hosting minecraft server).
Eclipse
(20 items)
 
Sager NP8652
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 980 @ 3.9ghz ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe MSI GTX 560 Ti 448 Twin Frozr @ 850mhz EVGA GT 620 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8GB OCZ DDR2 1066 Crucial M500 480GB 2x Western Digital 640GB Sony Optiarc AD-7241S-0B 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Xigmatek Dark Knight - push/pull w/ tape mod Windows 7 Pro x64 AOC i2353 23.5" Element ELEFW408 40" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sentey Cobalt Pro Corsair 750TX Cooler Master Centurion Razer Mamba (3.5G) 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
SteelSeries QCK Mini Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Steelseries Siberia V2 Logitech X540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4720HQ P65_P67SG Nvidia GTX 980M 16GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB 500GB HDD Windows 7 x64 Home AOC Q3277FQE 
KeyboardMouseMouse PadAudio
Sentey Cobalt Pro Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QK Mini Steelseries Arctis 3 
  hide details  
Reply
Eclipse
(20 items)
 
Sager NP8652
(12 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II 980 @ 3.9ghz ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe MSI GTX 560 Ti 448 Twin Frozr @ 850mhz EVGA GT 620 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
8GB OCZ DDR2 1066 Crucial M500 480GB 2x Western Digital 640GB Sony Optiarc AD-7241S-0B 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Xigmatek Dark Knight - push/pull w/ tape mod Windows 7 Pro x64 AOC i2353 23.5" Element ELEFW408 40" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Sentey Cobalt Pro Corsair 750TX Cooler Master Centurion Razer Mamba (3.5G) 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
SteelSeries QCK Mini Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer Steelseries Siberia V2 Logitech X540 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4720HQ P65_P67SG Nvidia GTX 980M 16GB DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Crucial MX100 512GB 500GB HDD Windows 7 x64 Home AOC Q3277FQE 
KeyboardMouseMouse PadAudio
Sentey Cobalt Pro Mionix Naos 7000 Steelseries QK Mini Steelseries Arctis 3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8313 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
I am giving this program another look. Is anyone here actually using this application to successfully manage different power states?

If yes, are there any concerns that should be noted for the M2N32 boards? In particular, trying to start off with a low voltage state of Vcore and Vnb down at the 1V level while having HTref already set to 250, and then bumping up the voltages along with the corresponding CPU multipliers.

One concern I have is that this program has a warning that NB - IMC setting on an AM2 board is a single value combined with Vcore. We know that's not true on the M2N32, so if this program can't distinguish the two voltage independently, this will be of no use as I don't want to run the NB as high as the CPU. I should further add that if there is a way to see the NB voltage value from within Windows 7 to independently validate the settings, it would be easier to do this experimentation.
Edited by gr8sho - 2/28/11 at 5:50pm
post #8314 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil View Post
On the M2N-SLI Deluxe board? meh... I've never been able to get anything past 3.5ghz stable. And it takes me 1.425v just to get 3.5ghz stable. Though I did not know that that cpu/ht chipset vt was for NB so that's nice to know now.

I've usually had my RAM oc'd in the past to acheive my overclocks but after all the trial and error I had getting my CPU stable for SMP folding I had to back it down to stock. So maybe I'll try again sometime to see if I can push the CPU past 3.5ghz since I don't fold with it right now(hosting minecraft server).
What is the deal with Minecraft?!? Geesh. My son goes nuts for this game.

If y'all are having trouble with OC, I had been writing that off to use of slower processors. My M2N32 is running at 3840MHz right now with the FSB up at 2050MHz. My RAM is running 852MHz, so technically that is OCd too. I would say that this configuration is moderate, and that I could push this a bit harder if I bump Vcore up more, but the 100% load test might drive temps a bit higher than I'm comfortable with.

The point is, and I will only speak for the M2N32 now since that's what I have, the board itself appears to be very flexible in supporting overclocking setups at the 4GHz level using air cooling, assuming the cooling is above average.
post #8315 of 12343
With Crysis 2 out tonight this issue returned to the forefront of my mind. In HWMonitor, there are two reads of CPU temperature. TMPIN0 and individual core temperatures. My core temps are 42idle/52load, but TMPIN0 is 45idle/65load. Why the discrepancy and which should I pay more close attention to?
Gaming Monster
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3930k ASUS Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX Titan SC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X CL8 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Crucial C300 SSD 60GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 1TB Samsung F3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
6TB External RAID 0 EK Block, XSPC 3x120mm Radiator Windows 8 64-bit 34" LG 34UC87C-B 21:9 IPS LED Monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" ASUS VG278H Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Corsair AX750 Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 9HD Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Samson C01U Condenser Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Monster
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3930k ASUS Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX Titan SC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X CL8 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Crucial C300 SSD 60GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 1TB Samsung F3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
6TB External RAID 0 EK Block, XSPC 3x120mm Radiator Windows 8 64-bit 34" LG 34UC87C-B 21:9 IPS LED Monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" ASUS VG278H Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Corsair AX750 Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 9HD Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Samson C01U Condenser Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8316 of 12343
temp 0 is your north bridge temp.
post #8317 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fryer View Post
temp 0 is your north bridge temp.
Ah, but I want an independent Voltage monitor for that sucker.

Ooops, nevermind!
post #8318 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fryer View Post
temp 0 is your north bridge temp.
You sure? Why is my PWM CPU fan kicking up a notch when the TMPIN0 hits 54?
Gaming Monster
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3930k ASUS Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX Titan SC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X CL8 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Crucial C300 SSD 60GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 1TB Samsung F3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
6TB External RAID 0 EK Block, XSPC 3x120mm Radiator Windows 8 64-bit 34" LG 34UC87C-B 21:9 IPS LED Monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" ASUS VG278H Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Corsair AX750 Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 9HD Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Samson C01U Condenser Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Monster
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-3930k ASUS Rampage IV Extreme EVGA GTX Titan SC 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X CL8 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
256GB Samsung 840 Pro 128GB Crucial C300 SSD 60GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 1TB Samsung F3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
6TB External RAID 0 EK Block, XSPC 3x120mm Radiator Windows 8 64-bit 34" LG 34UC87C-B 21:9 IPS LED Monitor 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" ASUS VG278H Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Corsair AX750 Cooler Master HAF 932 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Steelseries Sensei Steelseries 9HD Audio Technica ATH-AD700 Samson C01U Condenser Microphone 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8319 of 12343
Hi, I have a m2n sli delux and I was wonder whether to get the X4 945 or the 955. The 945 is slower, but it uses less watts than the 955, so I'm thinking it will save me more money in my electric bill. However, the 945 is only a few bucks cheaper. So is the 955 worth the purchase over the 945 in terms of speed and watts used?

Plus any suggestions for cooling? Should I fork up the money for water cooling like Corsair CWCH70 Hydro H70? Or get something like a Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme?
post #8320 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho View Post
I am giving this program another look. Is anyone here actually using this application to successfully manage different power states?

If yes, are there any concerns that should be noted for the M2N32 boards? In particular, trying to start off with a low voltage state of Vcore and Vnb down at the 1V level while having HTref already set to 250, and then bumping up the voltages along with the corresponding CPU multipliers.

One concern I have is that this program has a warning that NB - IMC setting on an AM2 board is a single value combined with Vcore. We know that's not true on the M2N32, so if this program can't distinguish the two voltage independently, this will be of no use as I don't want to run the NB as high as the CPU. I should further add that if there is a way to see the NB voltage value from within Windows 7 to independently validate the settings, it would be easier to do this experimentation.
If I remember correctly,I had my 720 at -(p-state 1) cpu multi x4, cpu volts at 1.00v,nb at 1.1v and (p-state 0) set to oc values.Then use the windows power settings (performance and balanced) to move to/from pstate 1-0.
Not sure how it will work with the 9xx cpu's.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyxyll View Post
You sure? Why is my PWM CPU fan kicking up a notch when the TMPIN0 hits 54?
tmpin0=cpu temp
tmpin1=mb temp
tmpin2=unused sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven86 View Post
Hi, I have a m2n sli delux and I was wonder whether to get the X4 945 or the 955. The 945 is slower, but it uses less watts than the 955, so I'm thinking it will save me more money in my electric bill. However, the 945 is only a few bucks cheaper. So is the 955 worth the purchase over the 945 in terms of speed and watts used?

Plus any suggestions for cooling? Should I fork up the money for water cooling like Corsair CWCH70 Hydro H70? Or get something like a Tuniq Tower 120 Extreme?
The 945(non BE,locked multi,fsb oc only) is plug and play and the 955(BE,unlocked multi) will require the use of the nvtools.

TT extreme of the two you mention.(both require mb removal to install backplate.

Good luck

Gyro
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ph IIx4 955 @ 3.2 Asus M2N32-sli dlx Asus GTX 460 1gb DirectCU MSI GTX 460 1gb Cyclone 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x2gb OCZ ddr2 1066 plats seagate 320gb sata lg supermulti dvd WIN 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer p221w ms SS ST75F-P 750w CM 690modded w/KazeMaster pro 
Mouse
ms intellimouse explorer3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ph IIx4 955 @ 3.2 Asus M2N32-sli dlx Asus GTX 460 1gb DirectCU MSI GTX 460 1gb Cyclone 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x2gb OCZ ddr2 1066 plats seagate 320gb sata lg supermulti dvd WIN 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer p221w ms SS ST75F-P 750w CM 690modded w/KazeMaster pro 
Mouse
ms intellimouse explorer3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!