Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club! - Page 904

post #9031 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
The only cpu that showed the right temps for me was an x2 5000 windsor,my x3 720 would show correct cpu temp but core temps where 10-15c under.

Arctic freezer's aren't much good for x4 125w cpu's,as for the H50 it could be airflow or the lack of.The core temps are OK in your pic.

What is the case they are in?

As The Fryer said use HW monitor or everest.


Good luck

Gyro
Hey Gyro!

I've also used CoreTemp and Nvidia System Monitor. Both of those correlate with HWMonitor as well. Depends on mood I suppose. Coretemp has a nice companion gadget if you're running W7 that looks purdy on your desktop.
post #9032 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzylx View Post
Has anyone else experienced these Motherboards reporting incorrect temperatures?

I've got 3 of these motherboards all running 9850BE's. All with slightly different setups, all have same case, 2 are utilizing the same cooler while one is using an H50 setup.

3x 120mm Slipstream Case fans 1x80mm fan, Artic Freezer 64 Pro idles 55 degrees c, I've re-seated the the heatsink three times, zero difference

3x 120mm Slipstream Case Fans 1x80mm fan Artic Freezer 64 Pro idles 50 degrees c

2x 120mm Slipstream Case Fans + Corsair 120mm Fan, Corsair H50 watercooling, idles 50 degrees c.

They all climb to 71 degrees c according to logs I've taken, and about 60 percent load.

All these readings come from PC Probe II.

Here's what the readings look in HWMonitor, It shows the cores at 39 degrees c though...............
Welcome.

What frequency do you have the 980BE running at, and how are you setting the clocks?

With PhenomMsrTweaker (yes Gyro, I finally got this working correctly), I can undervolt Vcore and CPU to NB, and idle my 965BE at 4X clocks, and the resulting idle temp will be at 35C with stock cooler. To help these numbers, I run an open case with 2x140mm fans blowing onto the M2N32. In my case, one sits behind the HDD trays, and the other sits behind the 5.25" bay angled to blow on the ram towards the CPU.

At full throttle which is running at 3.8GHz, the core temp gets to 61C.

I'm probably not going to do much more with this setup as I prepare to retire this configuration in favor of a proper AM3 board.

If I put the the side cover on the case, I know that the temps rise 3-5C, so I tend to leave it open when I'm using the machine for more than casual tasks.
post #9033 of 12343
He's running Phenom I x4 9850's, not x4 980's

So my 10 day fishing trip ended up being 2 days,and the fishing were we went wasn't good

My brother ended up having to work extra because someone quit

But i traveled 5300 kms to find a park named after me

Gyro
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ph IIx4 955 @ 3.2 Asus M2N32-sli dlx Asus GTX 460 1gb DirectCU MSI GTX 460 1gb Cyclone 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x2gb OCZ ddr2 1066 plats seagate 320gb sata lg supermulti dvd WIN 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer p221w ms SS ST75F-P 750w CM 690modded w/KazeMaster pro 
Mouse
ms intellimouse explorer3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Ph IIx4 955 @ 3.2 Asus M2N32-sli dlx Asus GTX 460 1gb DirectCU MSI GTX 460 1gb Cyclone 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
4x2gb OCZ ddr2 1066 plats seagate 320gb sata lg supermulti dvd WIN 7 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
acer p221w ms SS ST75F-P 750w CM 690modded w/KazeMaster pro 
Mouse
ms intellimouse explorer3.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9034 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
He's running Phenom I x4 9850's, not x4 980's

So my 10 day fishing trip ended up being 2 days,and the fishing were we went wasn't good

My brother ended up having to work extra because someone quit

But i traveled 5300 kms to find a park named after me

Gyro
Wow, I can't believe I missed that subtlety.

Bummer about your trip, but cool pic!
post #9035 of 12343
Since there are still a number of smart guys around, let me pose a question in the spirit of trying isolate a problem I'm seeing for which I cannot find resolution. From my system details you will see I have four disks in this machine. Two of them have Windows 7 and one of the installs is on an SSD and the other an HDD.

Both exhibit the same exact behavior of not being able to run CHKDSK.

Somewhere along the way I set the BIOS to RAID mode on both of the storage controllers with the disks attached, and then back to SATA. Is it possible that this has somehow caused an unintended corruption to the disks? If so, is it recoverable or do I have to wipe the partition and start over? I'm grasping at straws now but I can't think of anything else that could have created this problem for me.
post #9036 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho View Post
Since there are still a number of smart guys around, let me pose a question in the spirit of trying isolate a problem I'm seeing for which I cannot find resolution. From my system details you will see I have four disks in this machine. Two of them have Windows 7 and one of the installs is on an SSD and the other an HDD.

Both exhibit the same exact behavior of not being able to run CHKDSK.

Somewhere along the way I set the BIOS to RAID mode on both of the storage controllers with the disks attached, and then back to SATA. Is it possible that this has somehow caused an unintended corruption to the disks? If so, is it recoverable or do I have to wipe the partition and start over? I'm grasping at straws now but I can't think of anything else that could have created this problem for me.

Personally I would attribute your problem to a glitch or bug in Windows, it is not like Windows is free of bugs.
Have you tried chkdisk in differnt versions of Windows? You could also try using a utility called 'ntfsfix' in Linux that resets the NTFS logfile and schedules the filessystem to be checked the next time Windows boots, perhaps that will force chkdsk to run properly?


I felt inspired and did some experimentation with memory OC with my Sepmron CPU on a M2N32 board + my best Ballistix memory modules earlier today:
http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1977834
It is not 100% stable, but I can run some programs. The old Sempron feels really fast with that kind of memory speed. :-)
Test rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sempron 145 @ 4.6GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 8800GT Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB 
  hide details  
Reply
Test rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Sempron 145 @ 4.6GHz Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe 8800GT Crucial Ballistix 4x1GB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9037 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSwizz View Post
Personally I would attribute your problem to a glitch or bug in Windows, it is not like Windows is free of bugs.
Have you tried chkdisk in differnt versions of Windows? You could also try using a utility called 'ntfsfix' in Linux that resets the NTFS logfile and schedules the filessystem to be checked the next time Windows boots, perhaps that will force chkdsk to run properly?
Yes, I could boot into Windows XP on one of the other drives and CHKDSK works fine against all 4 disks. That's what's so maddening about this.

On top of that, I can boot from the Windows 7 install disk and run command prompt from there and CHKDSK still fails. None of this makes any sense whatsoever to me.
post #9038 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
The only cpu that showed the right temps for me was an x2 5000 windsor,my x3 720 would show correct cpu temp but core temps where 10-15c under.

Arctic freezer's aren't much good for x4 125w cpu's,as for the H50 it could be airflow or the lack of.The core temps are OK in your pic.

What is the case they are in?

As The Fryer said use HW monitor or everest.


Good luck

Gyro
Thank you!

I'm not a huge fan of these cases. They are Coolermaster Mid-Towers but I'm not sure on part numbers.

They have 1x 120mm Front, 1x 120mm Side, 1x 80mm Side, 1x 120mm Rear, but I really don't like how tight everything is for a Mid-Tower.
post #9039 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho View Post
Yes, I could boot into Windows XP on one of the other drives and CHKDSK works fine against all 4 disks. That's what's so maddening about this.

On top of that, I can boot from the Windows 7 install disk and run command prompt from there and CHKDSK still fails. None of this makes any sense whatsoever to me.
in bios set the drives to ide mode then try. i bet that's what it is. i had to run mine in AHCI mode for it to work.
post #9040 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fryer View Post
in bios set the drives to ide mode then try. i bet that's what it is. i had to run mine in AHCI mode for it to work.
Fryer, What you're calling out is a difference between the 570 and the 590 chipset, where the former supports AHCI and the latter does not. What I've been told is that AHCI is assumed to be part of the RAID spec and since the 590 does have RAID support, one could assume AHCI is there when in fact it is not.

With that in mind, I think I had had tried to set the Nvidia ports to RAID to see what would happen and in so doing may have caused the problem I'm seeing by putting some sticky setting on the drive I can't locate and eliminate, hence the question I asked.

I think I've gone so far as to reset ACPI via CMOS clear and boot into the Windows install disk and still can't get CHKDSK to run against the drive from command prompt. That's what's really irking me.

Coincidentally, I tried setting AHCI active on my son's Rampage III board for his Crucial C300 SSD, only to find out that Windows 7 wouldn't boot. Apparantly you have to muck with a registry setting to allow Windows to honor an AHCI setup.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!