Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club! - Page 916

post #9151 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn44 View Post
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi W.O.T.,

Sounds like you are having difficulties getting all four cores unlocked on the 955be. First, if you use the M2N32 mobo with the 955be processor, you must use overclocking software to unlock its four cores. This mobo does work with the 955be but you must help it since technically, it was designed to work with dual (2) core processors, not three and four core processors which fall into the AM3 family. The M2N32 works great with the 940be processor because that cpu (again technically) is not an AM3 but is an AM2-plus. Anyway, enough babble.

Here's what you have to do to make it work. First, download the latest nVidia video driver for your 8800's (ver 191.07). The chipset on your mobo is nVidia as are your video cards. Once you install the latest video driver, it will automatically create the NVIDIA Control Panel which allows you to adjust monitor resolutions, sli, etc. Also download the NVIDIA System Tool Version 6.05---its about 85.4mbs. Install this program. The system tool software contains a program called the Performance Tool and it will integrate itself into the NVIDIA Control Panel. Open the control panel and you will see the menu selection for the performance tool. Click on it and it'll ask you to agree to not hold nvidia accountable, etc, etc. Agree and the performance feature will be available.

When you open the Control Panel you will have four selections (CPU, Motherboard, Memory and Video Card). Click on the CPU section at the top and you will find several adjustments for the cpu, to include dropdown selections for the four cores. Select the appropriate multiplier for each core (they should all be the same multiplier value). One thing to note here is you must set the highest multiplier level you want to use in the bios first---otherwise, the core settings in the Performance Tool only permit what was set in the bios (for example, if you set 16x in the bios, then up to 16x will be available in the performance tool---17x, 17.5x, 18x, 18.5x, etc). Click apply and it will adjust your cpu clock speeds. CPU-Z and all of the other measuring tools will now recognize all four cores and will give you the correct clock speeds.

The NVIDIA System Tool Ver 6.05 is the best tool that I found for unlocking the cores on the 955be with the M2N32 mobo. One other very important thing you must do is increase your CPU voltage to at least 1.35v, otherwise, your system will be unstable.

I also strongly suggest that you closely monitor temps for both the cpu and the north/southbridges since increasing core speeds will also increase temps throughout the mobo.

N2Gaming gave you a link to my last forum post which pretty much says the same as the above. You can find it on Page #327 of the posts. Please let me know how things go---I might be able to suggest a couple of additional things to check. I am pretty sure if you follow the above instructions, it will work. Regards.

BigJohn44

Hello, in this post say
http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherb...ml#post6936062

"Obviously my overclocking is not optimized as I only use a FSB of 200MHZ. I also upped the CPU voltage to 1.3v for the validation."

HOW is a good optimisation?.
You can helpme please pleasein my post
http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherb...2-sli-915.html

Page 915.
I Need help.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 x2 3800+ M2M32 SLI DELUXE WIFI XFX 250GTS 512*2 800Mhz DChannel Gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1-160gb WD sata2,1-640gb CabiarB sata2 1 Samsung Sata 24x WxpSp3 Lg 19 LR1900R 4ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius KB-21e Scroll 520W OPEN A4tech X-710FS 
Mouse Pad
I NOT use 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 x2 3800+ M2M32 SLI DELUXE WIFI XFX 250GTS 512*2 800Mhz DChannel Gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1-160gb WD sata2,1-640gb CabiarB sata2 1 Samsung Sata 24x WxpSp3 Lg 19 LR1900R 4ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius KB-21e Scroll 520W OPEN A4tech X-710FS 
Mouse Pad
I NOT use 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9152 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarlalp View Post
First: thank for read my problem and plaese helme.
Second: Sorry my inglish is not good, them i use google...tralator..
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please can help me. I go to Buy and I want to put PH II x4-955 in my motherboard M2N32 SLI DELUXE WIFI, my original BIOS is now Ver.1004,
Please, I know something about computers, but long ago I do not do this.

* Ees necessary to change the BIOS?, Which version do you recommend?.
A good rule of thumb with these systems is to run the latest available BIOS from Asus website. For the M2N32, it is 5002. When you deal with this topic, especially since it appears you've never done this, I would use the utility embedded in the BIOS to perform the update and use a USB thumb drive of floppy diskette if you have one of those. After you update the BIOS, perform a Clear CMOS using the jumper. Described in the manual and can be downloaded from Asus support website.

Quote:
My current setup is M2N32 SLI DELUXE WIFI + athlon 64 x2 3800 +, 512 * 2 800Mhz RAM GSkill dualchannel, 1 160 gb hd, 1 640GB HD, XFX 250GTS VGS, ProwerSupply 520watt, I think there are real, 500w will be real. LG19 "LR1900r 4ms.

I do not want, do overclocking, because I think my powersupply not bear, so I want to leave the bus without forcing (not forced, only original Mhz) (On another occasion I will put another Powersuplly of 650w/700w, and ram Drr2 1066) .
Sure, don't worry about overclocking at the moment, that's fine. One step at a time.

Quote:
But now I need to tell me as I do, and guide me, how to get my 3800 + and put the PHENOM2 x4-955 of 3.2mhz and functions properly on my motherboard WxpSp3 and W7 (32 or 64, which recommended, remember I have 1GB (512 * 2)).

Can you tell me the steps, the necessary software and how.
*PhenomII x4 3.2Ghz is 125w,NO?..
Them, the M2N32 SLI DELUXE WIFI CAN SUPPORT A PROCESSOR OF 125Watt?Sure?

Like this.
http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar/...ck-edition-_JM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Que hay con el "cool and quiet"? eneable or disable
I disable Cool 'n Quiet in BIOS. I further add that I disable all features in BIOS I don't use.

You found the original post describing how to set the CPU multiplier. Whether you use Windows XP or Windows 7 32-bit, either work with 1GB of system RAM, you will need to set Power Options to High Performance when you want to set the CPU multiplier. This is crucial because if you fail to perform this step, Nvidia System Tools (NST) will not expose the controls to set the CPU multiplier. This is despite setting the CPU overclocking control to manual and setting the multiplier there. All this does is to allow the NST to set the multiplier from within Windows. Setting Vcore to around 1.35V in BIOS is also crucial.

An alternate and in my opinion an easier method is also available using PhenomMSRTweaker. If you search for posts by my username within the past few months, you should find a rather detailed post explaining how do perform this procedure. The MSR part of the name stands for Machine State Register and this nifty little application will allow you to set the CPU multiplier and Vcore voltage directly from within Windows. Minimal settings are required in BIOS. You will also have the option to implement a Cool 'n Quiet setup as well.

The Phenom X4 955BE is a fine choice, so don't worry about that. You will be happy with the step up in performance.

As for overclocking the FSB, that will not pose any concerns with your power supply when you decide you are ready to do this. I was running OC on FSB with a 450W Antec power supply at one point using an ATI X1900GT back a year ago. Doing this FSB OC will also result in a noticeable step in performance.

Good luck and please post back your results.
post #9153 of 12343
I finally got my second GPU card and the machine is now happily running in SLI mode. Some quick observations.
  1. Temperatures don't seem to be all that different either with the case open or closed, but I know the extra card is throwing more heat. I can only conclude the cooling measures I have in place are able to keep up.
  2. I can't really see any performance changes from seat of the pants perspective. WEI did not go up as I had thought might be the case.
  3. I bumped the clocks up on the 460SE to match the regular 460 Nvidia control panel, and there are no issues.

I haven't benchmarked the system yet but will do so because I really need to be able to see a measured difference in some spec.

To run in SLI and take advantage of it is just plug and play, right? There isn't something I have to turn on to make it work is the question.

I have no reason to believe my 965BE is starving the GPU cards since the CPU cores are not running anywhere near max during gaming. If anyone is running their M2N32 this way and has their own feedback on this, I'd appreciate hearing from you.
Edited by gr8sho - 9/26/11 at 9:16am
post #9154 of 12343
Hmmm, this is not good. GPUZ is telling me that NVIDIA SLI is not enabled.

Is it possible that the cards not being an exact matching pair is causing this issue. Anyone have suggestions on how to work around this?
post #9155 of 12343
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho View Post
Hmmm, this is not good. GPUZ is telling me that NVIDIA SLI is not enabled.

Is it possible that the cards not being an exact matching pair is causing this issue. Anyone have suggestions on how to work around this?
First and foremost make sure you are using the SLI Bridge between the two cards , Check. Then go into the NV Control Pan and select SLI in the list. It may require a reboot to get full SLI support after this.

Good Luck,

N2G

I don't know but it might be possible that the two cards you have are not sli compatable w/ea other. I don't see why they would not be. Most of the time when you have a SLI-able system and just after installing the 2nd/3rd or 4sli card the system will useually tell you that you now have a system capable of SLI in the lower right portion of your Taskbar "providing you run windows w/your taskbar w/default settings"
Edited by N2Gaming - 9/26/11 at 10:09am
Black N Blue Baby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph II X4 955 BE (C3) @ 3.5GHz MSI NF980-G65 PCS R9 380 4GB 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer BL2KIT25664TN1337 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2TB WD Black WD2003FZEX LG 20x DVD Lightscribe Burner Win7 Ult x64  Samsung LN-S4095D 1080P 40" LCD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX1000w Mod'd Antec Nine Hundred Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Big Black Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Black N Blue Baby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph II X4 955 BE (C3) @ 3.5GHz MSI NF980-G65 PCS R9 380 4GB 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer BL2KIT25664TN1337 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2TB WD Black WD2003FZEX LG 20x DVD Lightscribe Burner Win7 Ult x64  Samsung LN-S4095D 1080P 40" LCD TV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX1000w Mod'd Antec Nine Hundred Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Big Black Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9156 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by N2Gaming View Post
First and foremost make sure you are using the SLI Bridge between the two cards , Check. Then go into the NV Control Pan and select SLI in the list. It may require a reboot to get full SLI support after this.

Good Luck,

N2G

I don't know but it might be possible that the two cards you have are not sli compatable w/ea other. I don't see why they would not be. Most of the time when you have a SLI-able system and just after installing the 2nd/3rd or 4sli card the system will useually tell you that you now have a system capable of SLI in the lower right portion of your Taskbar "providing you run windows w/your taskbar w/default settings"
One is a 460 proper and the other is a 460SE. Physically identical. The only difference is the clock speed for which I can have NCP compensate.

I am using an Asus branded SLI cable.

NCP does not show me anywhere I can tell it to set SLI on.
post #9157 of 12343
please sorry, i have 2 turnoff alectrical and 1 problem with my connection, i write this 4 tiemes.

Quote:
A good rule of thumb with these systems is to run the latest available BIOS from Asus website. For the M2N32, it is 5002. When you deal with this topic, especially since it appears you've never done this, I would use the utility embedded in the BIOS to perform the update and use a USB thumb drive of floppy diskette if you have one of those. After you update the BIOS, perform a Clear CMOS using the jumper. Described in the manual and can be downloaded from Asus support website.
i have 1 penddriver usb,but hwere is "utility embedded in the BIOS" in bios or you say adwareflash or some like this.

Quote:
Sure, don't worry about overclocking at the moment, that's fine. One step at a time.
*but without the overclocking. how is speed or Ghz of processor?

*For moment i use Wxp sp3, but in future i wanna install or have "3" S.Operatives,(wxp,w7,ubuntu).in HD1 xp(160gb) and in HD2(640gb) (w7,ubuntu), my question is , i need install "NvidiaSTolls6.05/6.06" in each S.operative?in..xp and w7 and +...yes or no?

*In Ubuntu how i do it?

*You what recommended me, for moment i have 1gb.., and i think "W7 32bit" is ok for task common, www and more simple working, but no for "play the games" because i see all games need 2GB minimun for play in "w7 32", what you say/recommended, i install wxp+w7 32+ubuntu or wait for have more ram for can "w7 64" directly?

*i can install w7.32 and in other moment overwrite with w7.64?

*when i have installed Ph2 955/965 i can chane my ram, now is 800mhz but i read in asus web ,if change processor to am2+ or this case am3, can put in m2n32.. 1066mhz mems. ¿i can?

Quote:
I disable Cool 'n Quiet in BIOS. I further add that I disable all features in BIOS I don't use.
mm,to see, you say ,if i use NVTOOLS i cant turn ON CnQuiet, but if i use PhenomMSRTweaker, in the moment is ok the setup and save, i can tur On CnQ?

Quote:
You found the original post describing how to set the CPU multiplier. Whether you use Windows XP or Windows 7 32-bit, either work with 1GB of system RAM, you will need to set Power Options to High Performance when you want to set the CPU multiplier. This is crucial because if you fail to perform this step, Nvidia System Tools (NST) will not expose the controls to set the CPU multiplier. This is despite setting the CPU overclocking control to manual and setting the multiplier there. All this does is to allow the NST to set the multiplier from within Windows. Setting Vcore to around 1.35V in BIOS is also crucial.
I search,i see some post but i dont know...if is exactly you say.

Quote:
An alternate and in my opinion an easier method is also available using PhenomMSRTweaker. If you search for posts by my username within the past few months, you should find a rather detailed post explaining how do perform this procedure. The MSR part of the name stands for Machine State Register and this nifty little application will allow you to set the CPU multiplier and Vcore voltage directly from within Windows. Minimal settings are required in BIOS. You will also have the option to implement a Cool 'n Quiet setup as well.
i have donwload NSTools and phenomMSRT,

Quote:
The Phenom X4 955BE is a fine choice, so don't worry about that. You will be happy with the step up in performance.
yuo sure,in this moment i not have but i go to buy,just i need security for buy and run ok y my MOBO.I do not want to take a false step.

Quote:
As for overclocking the FSB, that will not pose any concerns with your power supply when you decide you are ready to do this. I was running OC on FSB with a 450W Antec power supply at one point using an ATI X1900GT back a year ago. Doing this FSB OC will also result in a noticeable step in performance.

Good luck and please post back your results.
Thank for you patience..plese dont letme go...alone...jej
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 x2 3800+ M2M32 SLI DELUXE WIFI XFX 250GTS 512*2 800Mhz DChannel Gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1-160gb WD sata2,1-640gb CabiarB sata2 1 Samsung Sata 24x WxpSp3 Lg 19 LR1900R 4ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius KB-21e Scroll 520W OPEN A4tech X-710FS 
Mouse Pad
I NOT use 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 x2 3800+ M2M32 SLI DELUXE WIFI XFX 250GTS 512*2 800Mhz DChannel Gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1-160gb WD sata2,1-640gb CabiarB sata2 1 Samsung Sata 24x WxpSp3 Lg 19 LR1900R 4ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius KB-21e Scroll 520W OPEN A4tech X-710FS 
Mouse Pad
I NOT use 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9158 of 12343
I cleared the CMOS just in case. No difference.
post #9159 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarlalp View Post
yuo sure,in this moment i not have but i go to buy,just i need security for buy and run ok y my MOBO.I do not want to take a false step.

Thank for you patience..plese dont letme go...alone...jej
Okay, don't worry about getting help. We all came here at some point for it. There aren't any mysteries left really with 955/965 processors. You will make it work.

Also, don't confuse the word overclock with what you're trying to do initially which is simply to set the CPU clock multiplier to match the rating of the processor you bought, only insomuch as the BIOS for the M2N32 doesn't fully support these particular X4 processors. If you prefer something less complex, there are other choices folks can recommend.
post #9160 of 12343
thank, please you can help me and aswers the last question, please.


i few days i go to 955/965, but i needed help.

no for flash bios, not for change cpu athlonfor Ph2.

is for stup, bios, NvStools /or phenomsMRST, and try the have a system stable,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
too, i need know diferenc NStools and phenomsMSRT, what is better for system stable and good optimized .

i not use software ON, in my task bar, because i not want down my processon...(now a old athlon 3800+), but when installed 955/965 needed a softwara ON? in my "windows task bar" "down and right corner" example NVtolls ON or PhenomsMSRT ON? for load profile?

thank. i learning

If si all ok, i go to buy 955/965, when i have in my hands...you can helme with this work?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 x2 3800+ M2M32 SLI DELUXE WIFI XFX 250GTS 512*2 800Mhz DChannel Gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1-160gb WD sata2,1-640gb CabiarB sata2 1 Samsung Sata 24x WxpSp3 Lg 19 LR1900R 4ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius KB-21e Scroll 520W OPEN A4tech X-710FS 
Mouse Pad
I NOT use 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 x2 3800+ M2M32 SLI DELUXE WIFI XFX 250GTS 512*2 800Mhz DChannel Gskill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1-160gb WD sata2,1-640gb CabiarB sata2 1 Samsung Sata 24x WxpSp3 Lg 19 LR1900R 4ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Genius KB-21e Scroll 520W OPEN A4tech X-710FS 
Mouse Pad
I NOT use 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!