Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club! - Page 944

post #9431 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kegga_62;15615423 
I like my Asus 24" HD moitor. I wish I could have gone bigger but the price was right. I'm pretty sure I paid $165 ish for it at TigerDirect.com.
Thanks for all your help.

Mine is supposed to arrive today. I'll reply with my own observations. I hope I don't regret getting a 27" monitor too!
post #9432 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucosmin;15614839 
Hello M2N32 SLI deluxe owners outhere,

I've joined this forum because I have an urge to purchase an AMD Phenom 955 BE C3 http://www.overclock.net/images/smilies/smile.gif. and because I have some questions.
I'll upgrade my gpu from 8800gts 320Mb to an AMD Radeon 6850. My question is if I can use this CPU+GPU configuration on my M2N32 SLI deluxe using PMT. My OS will be WIN 7 Ultimate x64. I don't care about using PMT like Cool'n'Quiet feature, i'll be using it for "unlocking" the CPU in my Mobo.
Did somebody on this forum managed to use this combination of CPU+GPU (amd and ati) ?

Can I use Nvidia Tools if I own an Ati gpu?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome.

I continue to be amazed at how many people are going the X4 upgrade path. You will really enjoy this one. FWIW, Newegg just put the 965 on sale for $115. That's cheaper than I paid for mine, but that was well over a year ago.

I wouldn't worry about ATI vs Nvidia for GPU. Either will work fine no matter which tool you use to set the CPU multiplier.

If you ever think you'll want to go SLI, stay with Nvidia. The Fermi based cards are excellent price performers.

I really appreciate the Cool 'n Quiet feature in PMT because of the reduced noise as well as reduced energy consumption. It is non-intrusive even when playing games. Worth a look if you have the little bit of time to get it running.
post #9433 of 12343
Thank you very much gr8sho for this quickly answer. I've read that there are a lot of users that are having problems with PMT in win 7 x64 (crashing, not switching between P states), that's why I've asked here. I've choosen 6850 because it uses less power than it's main Nvidia rival GTX 460. I like my system to be on the silent side.

Thank you again. I'll buy the parts and return with the feedback.
post #9434 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucosmin;15617196 
Thank you very much gr8sho for this quickly answer. I've read that there are a lot of users that are having problems with PMT in win 7 x64 (crashing, not switching between P states), that's why I've asked here. I've choosen 6850 because it uses less power than it's main Nvidia rival GTX 460. I like my system to be on the silent side.

Thank you again. I'll buy the parts and return with the feedback.

You're welcome.

Where did you read that PMT is causing crashing issues? I'd like to read those myself because that is not the experience I'm having.

As a word of caution, PMT is a very powerful tool and I can see how someone could create a scenario where a system will crash. If you don't supply enough voltage for certain P-states for instance. This is the case because there is a camp that strives to find the lowest working voltage for a given P-state.

I hope you're right about the ATI card. I've owned all ATI cards since my original Riva TNT and before my recent switch to the GTX 460. My original X1900GT burned itself out and had to be RMA'd, and my son's 5970 internal crossfire runs extremely hot, and that sucker may be headed for burnout too. Typically up to 70C for both cards when gaming. By contrast, my 460s don't seem to exceed 60C with a closed case.
post #9435 of 12343
I want to do some upgardes to my Asus M2N32 Deluxe but have found out from Asus PSU Calculator. With all the upgrades I want to do Calculated. That I need at least an 800Watt. PSU So here's what I'd like to buy for a upgraded PSU : Apevia ATX-WA900W Warlock 900-Watt ATX Power Supply - SLI and Crossfire Ready. $89.99 What worries me is the price. Other 900Watt. PSU's are a lot more exspensive. It's at TigerDirect.com.
Upgrades I plan on doing real soon.
CPU Upgrade to : AMD HDZ955FBGMBOX Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition.
SSD Upgrade to : Crucial CT064M4SSD2 m4 2.5" Solid State Drive - 64GB, SATA 6Gb/s
OS Upgrade to : Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64BIT
First I need a good PSU. Before I do any of these upgrades. I'd like to be able to do these upgrades as cheeply as possible.

So if anyone has any input or advice. I'd love to hear it.
post #9436 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by kegga_62;15625637 
PSU So here's what I'd like to buy for a upgraded PSU : Apevia ATX-WA900W Warlock 900-Watt ATX Power Supply - SLI and Crossfire Ready. $89.99 What worries me is the price..

Caveat emptor. That's good advice. I would be highly suspicious unless that thing is backed up by a lot of good reviews.
post #9437 of 12343
This is a little OT, but my ASUS VS248H-P arrived today. Given that this display sits on my desk (my previous Samsung 19" had to sit on a stack of 3 books to have the proper height), perhaps the size is a good fit after all. I played a little DEHR tonight and the monitor works out just fine. This is an LED model and the colors and response time work out just fine at 60Hz. I'm using the DVI connector as I already have 4.1 speaker system and don't really need the HDMI support. Skyrim in 2 days!!!cheers.gif
post #9438 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8sho;15618394 
You're welcome.

Where did you read that PMT is causing crashing issues? I'd like to read those myself because that is not the experience I'm having.

As a word of caution, PMT is a very powerful tool and I can see how someone could create a scenario where a system will crash. If you don't supply enough voltage for certain P-states for instance. This is the case because there is a camp that strives to find the lowest working voltage for a given P-state.

I hope you're right about the ATI card. I've owned all ATI cards since my original Riva TNT and before my recent switch to the GTX 460. My original X1900GT burned itself out and had to be RMA'd, and my son's 5970 internal crossfire runs extremely hot, and that sucker may be headed for burnout too. Typically up to 70C for both cards when gaming. By contrast, my 460s don't seem to exceed 60C with a closed case.

Here is the link: http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/595138-phenom-msr-tweaker-windows-7-a.html
post #9439 of 12343
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucosmin;15630037 
Here is the link: http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/595138-phenom-msr-tweaker-windows-7-a.html

In this case, it is a bit dangerous to overgeneralize based on posts about people having problems with other boards.

I can assuredly tell you PMT works on my M2N32 with the limitation I noted in an earlier post, that being CPU core and north-bridge voltages are ganged with a 300mV offset for the former.

Although this does beg the question of whether or not folks with newer boards are using 3rd party apps like PMT to perform dynamic power-performance management. I know that gamers often recommend leaving everything in high performance and disabling any kind of power management. But in my case, I've never noticed gameplay performance issues enough to have me turn off power management. I may have slowed down the freq ramp down a bit to help,
post #9440 of 12343
nvm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] ASUS M2N-SLI and M2N32-SLI Club!