Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Overclock.net EVE Online Club! ***Updated Feb 14, 2014!!! New Member Roster!!!***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Overclock.net EVE Online Club! ***Updated Feb 14, 2014!!! New Member Roster!!!*** - Page 264

post #2631 of 3340
Why don't you join channel overclock.net in game?
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2632 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTurtle View Post

I've decided to give it one more go. The $10 for the month isn't bad at all.
Where did you find $10.00 a month, I just started around the 27th of May and its $15.00 usd a month. Is there like a deal or something?
post #2633 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGR View Post

Where did you find $10.00 a month, I just started around the 27th of May and its $15.00 usd a month. Is there like a deal or something?

i got it as i have been inactive and was a "come back and play" deal thing.

testing

try this http://links.mail.eveonline.com/ctt?kn=5&ms=MzkyNzgzMzES1&r=MjUyNTAxMTQ0NjkS1&b=0&j=MTQ0NzU2NDE0S0&mt=1&rt=0
Cherry Orange
(20 items)
 
The Traveler
(8 items)
 
Server
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3230m 2.6ghz Lenovo Y500 2 GTX 650 in SLI Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz - CMSX8GX3M2B16... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
CT256M4SSD3 256Gb ssd Samsung ST1000LM024 1Tb Liteon eUAU108 usb dvd drive Win 8 + Pro Pack 
  hide details  
Reply
Cherry Orange
(20 items)
 
The Traveler
(8 items)
 
Server
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3230m 2.6ghz Lenovo Y500 2 GTX 650 in SLI Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 1600mhz - CMSX8GX3M2B16... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
CT256M4SSD3 256Gb ssd Samsung ST1000LM024 1Tb Liteon eUAU108 usb dvd drive Win 8 + Pro Pack 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2634 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfig View Post

i got it as i have been inactive and was a "come back and play" deal thing.
testing
try this http://links.mail.eveonline.com/ctt?kn=5&ms=MzkyNzgzMzES1&r=MjUyNTAxMTQ0NjkS1&b=0&j=MTQ0NzU2NDE0S0&mt=1&rt=0

Thanks it worked for my account that I have inactive, lol
post #2635 of 3340
Hey guys, I've been thinking about trying out eve for a while and finally have found some time to do so. I was wondering if you had any suggestions and if I could possibly get a 21 day trial from one of you guys:

I was thinking about starting out as a Caldari (I just think their ships look the best)

Thanks for the help
BOINC Cruncher
(15 items)
 
BOINC Monster
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Dual Xeon 5410 @ 2.33 intel dx5400xs "Skulltrail" AMD Saphire 5850 AMD Saphire 5850 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
western digital caviar black 500 Stock windows xp corsair hx850 
Case
cooler master stacker 830 
  hide details  
Reply
BOINC Cruncher
(15 items)
 
BOINC Monster
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Dual Xeon 5410 @ 2.33 intel dx5400xs "Skulltrail" AMD Saphire 5850 AMD Saphire 5850 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
western digital caviar black 500 Stock windows xp corsair hx850 
Case
cooler master stacker 830 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2636 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by granno21 View Post

I was thinking about starting out as a Caldari (I just think their ships look the best)
Thanks for the help

Blasphemy...Amarr ships look the best. bike.gif
Future PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.4... MSI Big Bang-XPower LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb... GTX 670 (Eventually SLI) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin D... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II... ?Blu-Ray? Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) ?Logitech? 
PowerCaseMouse
?1200w? COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP S... ?Logitech trackball? 
  hide details  
Reply
Future PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-990X Extreme Edition Gulftown 3.4... MSI Big Bang-XPower LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb... GTX 670 (Eventually SLI) G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin D... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA II... ?Blu-Ray? Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) ?Logitech? 
PowerCaseMouse
?1200w? COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Advanced RC-932-KKN5-GP S... ?Logitech trackball? 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2637 of 3340
Gaylente - name says it all
Faildari - do I need to elaborate?
Minmatard - LOLnano
Amarr - WHY????

See? I don't think it's even a contest wink.gif

Actually the most used ship in PVP is the Drake, followed by the Cane.
http://eve-kill.net/?a=top20

You all may also gawk at the PVP prowess of AAA biggrin.gif
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2638 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by granno21 View Post

Hey guys, I've been thinking about trying out eve for a while and finally have found some time to do so. I was wondering if you had any suggestions and if I could possibly get a 21 day trial from one of you guys:

I was thinking about starting out as a Caldari (I just think their ships look the best)

Thanks for the help
Caldari are incredibly easy to mission with. Missiles are fantastic for missions because you dont have to worry about tracking or range (as long as its within the range of your missiles) and you can do any damage type you need to do depending on what youre fighting. The drake, and later raven, are fantastic mission ships, as you can fit very strong shield tanks and they use said missiles. Caldari ships leave much to be disired in PVP, though, as the instant damage of guns is more usefull than the delayed damage of missiles (it takes time for missiles to reach their target). If you ever get into incursions, you'll quickly find out that guns are favored over missiles there as well, again because of the flight time. Still, the Drake is the most used ship in the game in PVP.

Other races can certainly run missions as well, but none have it as easy as the Caldari for a new character. Amarr and Gallente only do 2 damage types (EM and thermal, or thermal and kinetic respectively) as far as guns go, although Gallente are heavy on drones and can do any damage type there. They are both armor tankers, which is at a disadvantage for PVE since damage modules and armor tank modules are both low slots. They [armor ships] are great for PVP, since this frees up the mid slots for PVP modules such as webifiers, afterburners/microwarp drives, and warp scramblers/jammers (which compete with slots against shield tank modules). Minmatar fall somewhere inbetween, as they can be either shield or armor tanked, and they can change their damage type to a degree. Not as much as missiles, which get a bit of use on Minmatar ships but not nearly as heavily as Caldari, but they do have flexibility.

The fantastic thing about Eve, though, is that you can train to use anything in the game. It doesn't matter what race you start as, you can train anything in the game, and in the grand scheme of things, training up a new race does not take a whole lot of time. Many of your skills will get used by any ship that you fly. Things like the so called "core" skills and fitting skills. Engineering, Electronics, Mechanics, Hull Upgrades, Navigation, Evasive Maneuvering, Targetting, Weapon Upgrades, shield skills, capacitor skills, etc. Train your Drones skill to 5 when you are in a Battlecruiser, or maybe even Cruiser depending on what race you choose to fly. It will be invaluable as you move up to larger ships. You want to train most of these skills to at last level 4 quickly, along with some skills into the weapon of your choice (assuming youre doing something combat related of course).

As for a guide, there is so much reading out there you could read for years without playing the game. You'll quickly find out that reading is half of the game tongue.gif A good place to start, though, would be Isk the Guide, which is available for free as a PDF or you can purchase a hard copy. It is not an in depth guide to any area, but covers just about every area of Eve with at least a thorough introduction. Once you know what you want to find out more about, you can get pointed at even more reading! There is also a player run corp dedicated learning called Eve University. They help players out with just about any aspect of the game.

Anyway, thats a lot more than I planned to write, but I could go on for hours and still not touch the tip of the iceberg. Just jump in, do ALL the tutorial missions, and go from there. If you still have not received a 21 day trial PM me and I will send you one.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K MSI P67A-G43 MSI GTX 460 Cyclone Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Vertex 2 WD Green ASUS Windows 7 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower New 750 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K MSI P67A-G43 MSI GTX 460 Cyclone Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Vertex 2 WD Green ASUS Windows 7 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower New 750 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2639 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0314 View Post

Caldari are incredibly easy to mission with. Missiles are fantastic for missions because you dont have to worry about tracking or range (as long as its within the range of your missiles) and you can do any damage type you need to do depending on what youre fighting. The drake, and later raven, are fantastic mission ships, as you can fit very strong shield tanks and they use said missiles. Caldari ships leave much to be disired in PVP, though, as the instant damage of guns is more usefull than the delayed damage of missiles (it takes time for missiles to reach their target). If you ever get into incursions, you'll quickly find out that guns are favored over missiles there as well, again because of the flight time. Still, the Drake is the most used ship in the game in PVP.
Other races can certainly run missions as well, but none have it as easy as the Caldari for a new character. Amarr and Gallente only do 2 damage types (EM and thermal, or thermal and kinetic respectively) as far as guns go, although Gallente are heavy on drones and can do any damage type there. They are both armor tankers, which is at a disadvantage for PVE since damage modules and armor tank modules are both low slots. They [armor ships] are great for PVP, since this frees up the mid slots for PVP modules such as webifiers, afterburners/microwarp drives, and warp scramblers/jammers (which compete with slots against shield tank modules). Minmatar fall somewhere inbetween, as they can be either shield or armor tanked, and they can change their damage type to a degree. Not as much as missiles, which get a bit of use on Minmatar ships but not nearly as heavily as Caldari, but they do have flexibility.
The fantastic thing about Eve, though, is that you can train to use anything in the game. It doesn't matter what race you start as, you can train anything in the game, and in the grand scheme of things, training up a new race does not take a whole lot of time. Many of your skills will get used by any ship that you fly. Things like the so called "core" skills and fitting skills. Engineering, Electronics, Mechanics, Hull Upgrades, Navigation, Evasive Maneuvering, Targetting, Weapon Upgrades, shield skills, capacitor skills, etc. Train your Drones skill to 5 when you are in a Battlecruiser, or maybe even Cruiser depending on what race you choose to fly. It will be invaluable as you move up to larger ships. You want to train most of these skills to at last level 4 quickly, along with some skills into the weapon of your choice (assuming youre doing something combat related of course).
As for a guide, there is so much reading out there you could read for years without playing the game. You'll quickly find out that reading is half of the game tongue.gif A good place to start, though, would be Isk the Guide, which is available for free as a PDF or you can purchase a hard copy. It is not an in depth guide to any area, but covers just about every area of Eve with at least a thorough introduction. Once you know what you want to find out more about, you can get pointed at even more reading! There is also a player run corp dedicated learning called Eve University. They help players out with just about any aspect of the game.
Anyway, thats a lot more than I planned to write, but I could go on for hours and still not touch the tip of the iceberg. Just jump in, do ALL the tutorial missions, and go from there. If you still have not received a 21 day trial PM me and I will send you one.

Excellent guide!
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
The girlfriend.
(15 items)
 
The Mistress
(13 items)
 
Media Server
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
A8-6410 Lenovo Lancer 4B2 K16.3 R5 128 Shaders/M230 Hynix 8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120 GB SSD Seagate Momentus 1TB 5400rmp Win 8.1 CMN1487 TN LED 14" 1366*768 
KeyboardPowerMouseMouse Pad
Lenovo AccuType 2900mAh/41Wh Elan Trackpad/Logitech M90 Super Flower 
Audio
AMD Avalon(Connexant) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2640 of 3340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan View Post


Excellent guide!
lol I originally intended to write maybe one of those paragraphs worth rolleyes.gif
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K MSI P67A-G43 MSI GTX 460 Cyclone Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Vertex 2 WD Green ASUS Windows 7 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower New 750 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K MSI P67A-G43 MSI GTX 460 Cyclone Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Vertex 2 WD Green ASUS Windows 7 
PowerCase
Antec TruePower New 750 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Overclock.net EVE Online Club! ***Updated Feb 14, 2014!!! New Member Roster!!!***