Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › E5200 - Overclocking Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

E5200 - Overclocking Thread - Page 381

Poll Results: Should the thread name be changed to E5x00 Overclocking Thread

Poll expired: Jan 24, 2009  
  • 58% (39)
    Yes, Change it to E5x00 Overclocking thread
  • 41% (28)
    No, Lets keep it how it is
67 Total Votes  
post #3801 of 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by markp1989 View Post
i have been thinking of taking the ihs off of my chip for a while, has any one got results from doing it?

Thanks Markp1989
You could potentially lower your temps around 5-10C by either lapping or removing the IHS. If you remove the IHS make sure your heatsink has a firm hold on your CPU. I killed an e2180 in less then a sec from my Nirvana not screwing down far enough to touch the chip.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400, E8600, 980BE T2RS+, P5E3, TA890FXE 8800GTS's,GTX's,GS,Ultra's,9600GT Lots of D9's and some crap DDR3 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Seagate 250GB + 80GB WD for benching TT 875w, Corsair 650TX Custom bench station 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400, E8600, 980BE T2RS+, P5E3, TA890FXE 8800GTS's,GTX's,GS,Ultra's,9600GT Lots of D9's and some crap DDR3 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Seagate 250GB + 80GB WD for benching TT 875w, Corsair 650TX Custom bench station 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3802 of 4653
Link

This is how far I've come atm with my e5200 on stock cooling, 300 x 11.5 at 1.35V set in bios, my MB is GA-P31-S3G, with F6 BIOS and i'm using single cheap Transcend DDR2-800 2048Mb stick OC-ed to 900Mhz and +0.1 overvoltage in BIOS.

Everything runs stable so far, but when I try to go from x11.5 multi to x12.5 with 0.5 increment, Windows wont start even at 300 x12 (3600Mhz), and I had voltage set up to 1.39V, I left everything else untouched, but it wont load Windows... Am I doing something wrong maybe? I dont want to go over 1.4V, or is it safe? Or should i just leave multi at x12.5, and go slowly up from 200 to 300 fsb?

The way I got to my current speed is that i just pumped the voltage to 1.38V, set fsb to 300 and multi to x10, then I saw the windows booted, i reseted, set to x11, it booted, set to x12, it didnt, set to x11.5 and this is it.

And also I was thinking about getting better RAM, so I could maybe fix the fsb:ram ratio, but dont know which ones should i take, 800 mhz or 1066mhz ones?

If any1 could help me out i would appreciate it

Btw, congratulations to every1 in this thread with their OCs
post #3803 of 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaMan View Post
You could potentially lower your temps around 5-10C by either lapping or removing the IHS. If you remove the IHS make sure your heatsink has a firm hold on your CPU. I killed an e2180 in less then a sec from my Nirvana not screwing down far enough to touch the chip.
i gave it ago, and i sliped, and damaged the pcb :@ im not sure if it still works, il see if it still posts or not later on today.
Current Desktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 875k EVGA p55 le ATI 5850 black edition stock. 4gb OCZ ddr3 2000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Supertalent SSD 64gb True black  Linux mint "Lisa"  Dual 22" monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Tenkeyless with Blue switches  corsair TX650 Silverstone FT02 ScanFX TS742 Dual screen stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Desktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 875k EVGA p55 le ATI 5850 black edition stock. 4gb OCZ ddr3 2000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Supertalent SSD 64gb True black  Linux mint "Lisa"  Dual 22" monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Tenkeyless with Blue switches  corsair TX650 Silverstone FT02 ScanFX TS742 Dual screen stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3804 of 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by markp1989 View Post
i gave it ago, and i sliped, and damaged the pcb :@ im not sure if it still works, il see if it still posts or not later on today.
Damn man, that really sucks. I hope it's alright!
post #3805 of 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by markp1989 View Post
i gave it ago, and i sliped, and damaged the pcb :@ im not sure if it still works, il see if it still posts or not later on today.
Let us know how it goes. Hopefully you didn't damage any of the running circuits.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400, E8600, 980BE T2RS+, P5E3, TA890FXE 8800GTS's,GTX's,GS,Ultra's,9600GT Lots of D9's and some crap DDR3 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Seagate 250GB + 80GB WD for benching TT 875w, Corsair 650TX Custom bench station 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400, E8600, 980BE T2RS+, P5E3, TA890FXE 8800GTS's,GTX's,GS,Ultra's,9600GT Lots of D9's and some crap DDR3 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Seagate 250GB + 80GB WD for benching TT 875w, Corsair 650TX Custom bench station 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3806 of 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by alko18 View Post
Link

This is how far I've come atm with my e5200 on stock cooling, 300 x 11.5 at 1.35V set in bios, my MB is GA-P31-S3G, with F6 BIOS and i'm using single cheap Transcend DDR2-800 2048Mb stick OC-ed to 900Mhz and +0.1 overvoltage in BIOS.

Everything runs stable so far, but when I try to go from x11.5 multi to x12.5 with 0.5 increment, Windows wont start even at 300 x12 (3600Mhz), and I had voltage set up to 1.39V, I left everything else untouched, but it wont load Windows... Am I doing something wrong maybe? I dont want to go over 1.4V, or is it safe? Or should i just leave multi at x12.5, and go slowly up from 200 to 300 fsb?

The way I got to my current speed is that i just pumped the voltage to 1.38V, set fsb to 300 and multi to x10, then I saw the windows booted, i reseted, set to x11, it booted, set to x12, it didnt, set to x11.5 and this is it.

And also I was thinking about getting better RAM, so I could maybe fix the fsb:ram ratio, but dont know which ones should i take, 800 mhz or 1066mhz ones?

If any1 could help me out i would appreciate it

Btw, congratulations to every1 in this thread with their OCs

I think most people here would recommend leaving the multiplier at 12.5, and then slowly increasing the FSB. You have more control, as you can make finer (more subtle) increase in your clock speed.

My OC is 12.5 X 296 for 3.7 GHz. 297 started to get weird. You would never be able to fine tune to that level by just changing the multiplier.

Give it a shot. Let us know how you do.
ACSanchez
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 4.05GHz GB EP45-UD3p XFX 260 (216) 2x2 Corsair XMS 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SE16 640GB LG 22X 7-64 ASUS 22" 1080P 
PowerCase
OCZ 600W Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
ACSanchez
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 @ 4.05GHz GB EP45-UD3p XFX 260 (216) 2x2 Corsair XMS 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SE16 640GB LG 22X 7-64 ASUS 22" 1080P 
PowerCase
OCZ 600W Antec 300 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3807 of 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaMan View Post
Let us know how it goes. Hopefully you didn't damage any of the running circuits.
bad news, the cpu doesnt post any more. ashame, as it was a good overclocker.

got some good news, i just brought my self a 2nd hand E8400 from another forum for 79 pound
Current Desktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 875k EVGA p55 le ATI 5850 black edition stock. 4gb OCZ ddr3 2000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Supertalent SSD 64gb True black  Linux mint "Lisa"  Dual 22" monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Tenkeyless with Blue switches  corsair TX650 Silverstone FT02 ScanFX TS742 Dual screen stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Desktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 875k EVGA p55 le ATI 5850 black edition stock. 4gb OCZ ddr3 2000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Supertalent SSD 64gb True black  Linux mint "Lisa"  Dual 22" monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Tenkeyless with Blue switches  corsair TX650 Silverstone FT02 ScanFX TS742 Dual screen stand 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3808 of 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by markp1989 View Post
bad news, the cpu doesnt post any more. ashame, as it was a good overclocker.

got some good news, i just brought my self a 2nd hand E8400 from another forum for 79 pound
Sucks you can't get it to post. But then, nice deal on the E8400!
post #3809 of 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by markp1989 View Post
bad news, the cpu doesnt post any more. ashame, as it was a good overclocker.

got some good news, i just brought my self a 2nd hand E8400 from another forum for 79 pound
What happened?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400, E8600, 980BE T2RS+, P5E3, TA890FXE 8800GTS's,GTX's,GS,Ultra's,9600GT Lots of D9's and some crap DDR3 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Seagate 250GB + 80GB WD for benching TT 875w, Corsair 650TX Custom bench station 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400, E8600, 980BE T2RS+, P5E3, TA890FXE 8800GTS's,GTX's,GS,Ultra's,9600GT Lots of D9's and some crap DDR3 
Hard DrivePowerCase
Seagate 250GB + 80GB WD for benching TT 875w, Corsair 650TX Custom bench station 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3810 of 4653
Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzaMan View Post
What happened?
i tried to remove the ihs, to get some better temps, i hadnt even cut throught the glue yet, and sliped cut in the the pcb abit. now the motherboard acts as if there is no cpu in it when its there .

oh well, least i got a decent deal on the new cpu, just have to wait for it to get here form usa, and il be good to go, and this 1 is having the ihs left on lol.
Current Desktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 875k EVGA p55 le ATI 5850 black edition stock. 4gb OCZ ddr3 2000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Supertalent SSD 64gb True black  Linux mint "Lisa"  Dual 22" monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Tenkeyless with Blue switches  corsair TX650 Silverstone FT02 ScanFX TS742 Dual screen stand 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Desktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 875k EVGA p55 le ATI 5850 black edition stock. 4gb OCZ ddr3 2000mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Supertalent SSD 64gb True black  Linux mint "Lisa"  Dual 22" monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseOther
Tenkeyless with Blue switches  corsair TX650 Silverstone FT02 ScanFX TS742 Dual screen stand 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › E5200 - Overclocking Thread