Pull the board out of the system, take off everything on it (battery, jumpers, heatsinks that aren't secure well, ect), wash it with hot water and dish soap, being sure to rise well (finish rinsing with isopropyl if you have enough) shake off any excess mosture, then hair dry it for 20-30 minutes, or wrap it in aluminium foil and put it in the oven for half an hour at 200F.
After it's done cooling off, put everything back on the board and it should be better than new.
Done it hundreds of times, never had a problem.
If this scares you, or you are lazy, just wiping everything off and letting the board dry good and long should work well enough.
Originally Posted by xXkeyboardkowboyXx
I wouldn't use it it might strip away the paint on the pcb. Id just wipe it with a dry rag, and let it sit and dry 24 hours.
I've had boards sit submerged for upwards of a week in 100% acetone (a much more powerful solvent than isopropyl) to clean off thermal epoxy. Never damaged one this way.
Originally Posted by MomijiTMO
I've heard after a serious spill about people putting their mobos in the oven. I find this absurd.
200-220F air will evaporate water very quickly and there is nothing
on a motherboard that cannot take such temps for a moderate period of time with no damage.Edited by Blameless - 9/29/08 at 4:27am