Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club - Page 1231

post #12301 of 23553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
1st yes the complete full kit is only available in complete form from South Africa. Unless of course you get PPCs kit which is 2 shy of a complete set. Both pieces are on the rear of the Cabinet. I think that both are listed in the regular MDCiFlex listings not the Custom listings.

Now obviously if I can set it to 50% usage I should be able to get by on that during the wake hours and I would just set it to full usage at sleep hours.

With the CPU level up feature I may experiment and see if I can't shorten a 12 hour log somewhat. Or if it would be more beneficial to run 2 or 3 cores. Full load on the 1st core isn't bad. Running 40c CPU and 49c NB. I stress my NB harder just playing FarCry 2.

I didn't know if I was going to Fold or not but I've been thinking over the past few days that since I cannot make any donations or bid on anything that I could at least Fold for Syrillian. He's a cool cat and I needed to get off my lazy butt and get at it. I grew up around Stanford and they were there twice for me as an ignorant whelp as well.

So here ya go I've been at it for a bit over an hour now and really can't tell a difference except in Temps. So here I am Folding for the cause.

~Ceadder
Cool hey ceadder know the shelf life of Artic Silver 5? What I have on the CPU right now is from what was a 3/4-1/2 full 3-5+(been opened at least a few years with cap on) year old tube. I swear >v< my old air cooler did a better job with it's thermal paste that came with it lol.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12302 of 23553
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer11 View Post
Cool hey ceadder know the shelf life of Artic Silver 5? What I have on the CPU right now is from what was a 3/4-1/2 full 3-5+(been opened at least a few years with cap on) year old tube. I swear >v< my old air cooler did a better job with it's thermal paste that came with it lol.
Well, I would think that as long as the tube hasn't had the cap left off it at all(never know) that your AS5 should be good. But the problem with that stuff is the 200 hour burn in time.

No Folder(IMHO) should be using such a long burn time TIM.

Maybe this it's time for you to get some G751? It's JUST AS good if not better because it's cheaper and has a ~8hr burn in time. I do anything I want with my system with fresh TIM on my CPU. Can't do that with AS5. You have to suffer through it's burn in and hope that you applied the correct amount. And if you feel queasy second guessing yourself that's just more money down the drain for what is supposed to be just as good.

I know it's from '09 but you really should check out the 80 Way TIM link in my Sig.

~Ceadder
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12303 of 23553
Got bored of my "stock" HAF-922, painted some parts white and the interior black, looks much better in my opinion. What a little bit of paint can do






Front mesh white, drivebay buttons white and those cardslot thingies white.


My H50 with 2x Gentle Typhoon's P/P, love them but looking forward to my first custom water build.



Thinking of adding more white, on the frontbezel, the I/O part and fans.
Though soon this comp goes to my girlfriend, planning on buying parts for my new rig ,going custom waterloop (my first one) in a Corsair Obsidian 800D but still putting cash a side at the moment

Pics are taken with girlfriends Canon 5D Mark II such an amazing device, its just me lacking photograph skills
Edited by rck1984 - 4/1/11 at 6:41am
Titanium Red
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.7Ghz Asus Maximus Hero VIII EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked + EK Titan-X waterb... 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (2666) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda  EK Supremacy MX Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27Q 1440p Corsair Strafe Super Flower Leadex 850W Corsair Carbide Air 540 
MouseAudioOther
EVGA Torq X10 Asus Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD600 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanium Red
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.7Ghz Asus Maximus Hero VIII EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked + EK Titan-X waterb... 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (2666) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda  EK Supremacy MX Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27Q 1440p Corsair Strafe Super Flower Leadex 850W Corsair Carbide Air 540 
MouseAudioOther
EVGA Torq X10 Asus Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD600 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12304 of 23553
Very nice RCK... I like it! Careful on adding more white. It may wind up being a bit overkill but that's just me.
post #12305 of 23553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
Well, I would think that as long as the tube hasn't had the cap left off it at all(never know) that your AS5 should be good. But the problem with that stuff is the 200 hour burn in time.

No Folder(IMHO) should be using such a long burn time TIM.

Maybe this it's time for you to get some G751? It's JUST AS good if not better because it's cheaper and has a ~8hr burn in time. I do anything I want with my system with fresh TIM on my CPU. Can't do that with AS5. You have to suffer through it's burn in and hope that you applied the correct amount. And if you feel queasy second guessing yourself that's just more money down the drain for what is supposed to be just as good.

I know it's from '09 but you really should check out the 80 Way TIM link in my Sig.

~Ceadder
Yeah I did read most of that guide never finished it was too long and II didn't finish it all. Think I should use the stock cooler master paste that came with my cooler?
I mean the AS5 has been on there for like 3 weeks and I've been folding 24/7 with a 1.4 GHz overclock for 2 weeks
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck1984 View Post
Got bored of my "stock" HAF-922, painted some parts white and the interior black, looks much better in my opinion. What a little bit of paint can do






Front mesh white, drivebay buttons white and those cardslot thingies white.


My H50 with 2x Gentle Typhoon's P/P, love them but looking forward to my first custom water build.



Thinking of adding more white, on the frontbezel, the I/O part and fans.
Though soon this comp goes to my girlfriend, planning on buying parts for my new rig ,going custom waterloop (my first one) in a Corsair Obsidian 800D but still putting cash a side at the moment

Pics are taken with girlfriends Canon 5D Mark II such an amazing device, its just me lacking photograph skills
Nice!
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-3630QM NVIDIA GTX 670MX  DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM 1TB 5400 RPM HGST Travelstar HDD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB Super-Multi DVD Writer Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit 17.3" HD LED-Backlit Display 
Mouse
Touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12306 of 23553
Very nice colour scheme!
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12307 of 23553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahbrohn View Post
Very nice RCK... I like it! Careful on adding more white. It may wind up being a bit overkill but that's just me.
Was thinking of removing sticker/painting the PSU either completely black or black with 2 white stripes, painting 5850 shroud white (the part that is red now) and sleeving all my cables white. Not sure if i add more white to the frontbezel it might get too much indeed. On the other hand i dont know if its worth it since i am ordering parts for a new rig pretty soon, its very tempting though!

Thanks for the possitive reply's!
Titanium Red
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.7Ghz Asus Maximus Hero VIII EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked + EK Titan-X waterb... 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (2666) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda  EK Supremacy MX Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27Q 1440p Corsair Strafe Super Flower Leadex 850W Corsair Carbide Air 540 
MouseAudioOther
EVGA Torq X10 Asus Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD600 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanium Red
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.7Ghz Asus Maximus Hero VIII EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked + EK Titan-X waterb... 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (2666) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda  EK Supremacy MX Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27Q 1440p Corsair Strafe Super Flower Leadex 850W Corsair Carbide Air 540 
MouseAudioOther
EVGA Torq X10 Asus Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD600 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12308 of 23553
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck1984 View Post
Was thinking of removing sticker/painting the PSU either completely black or black with 2 white stripes, painting 5850 shroud white (the part that is red now) and sleeving all my cables white. Not sure if i add more white to the frontbezel it might get too much indeed. On the other hand i dont know if its worth it since i am ordering parts for a new rig pretty soon, its very tempting though!

Thanks for the possitive reply's!
That sounds good... Maybe leave the red lettering on the shroud? I like the PSU idea and giving it the two strip's... Make it look like the Ford GT or Dodge Viper...

The mobo that would go perfectly with your paint scheme would be the Crosshair IV's. The formula at least is black and red with white lighting and lettering. Should blend in perfectly with you color scheme. Newegg has one (open box) at a great price.
post #12309 of 23553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahbrohn View Post
That sounds good... Maybe leave the red lettering on the shroud? I like the PSU idea and giving it the two strip's... Make it look like the Ford GT or Dodge Viper...

The mobo that would go perfectly with your paint scheme would be the Crosshair IV's. The formula at least is black and red with white lighting and lettering. Should blend in perfectly with you color scheme. Newegg has one (open box) at a great price.
I was thinking of a Ford GT or Viper too indeed
About the mainboard, its lovely and colors would match perfectly.. but like i said i'm gonna order parts for a new machine pretty soon, this one goes to my girlfriend then, i bet i would make her happy with it though. MAN you got me thinking now... I aint happy with this ASUS board anyways, its a b*tch to overclock with, i mean its a solid board but i can only adjust 0.5 bit's and nothing in between. So i am forced to go for a higher Vcore then is needed.

Hmm...
Titanium Red
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.7Ghz Asus Maximus Hero VIII EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked + EK Titan-X waterb... 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (2666) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda  EK Supremacy MX Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27Q 1440p Corsair Strafe Super Flower Leadex 850W Corsair Carbide Air 540 
MouseAudioOther
EVGA Torq X10 Asus Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD600 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
Titanium Red
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.7Ghz Asus Maximus Hero VIII EVGA GTX 980Ti Superclocked + EK Titan-X waterb... 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 (2666) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1TB Seagate Barracuda  EK Supremacy MX Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Crossover 27Q 1440p Corsair Strafe Super Flower Leadex 850W Corsair Carbide Air 540 
MouseAudioOther
EVGA Torq X10 Asus Xonar Essence STX Sennheiser HD600 Headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12310 of 23553
Quote:
Originally Posted by rck1984 View Post
I was thinking of a Ford GT or Viper too indeed
About the mainboard, its lovely and colors would match perfectly.. but like i said i'm gonna order parts for a new machine pretty soon, this one goes to my girlfriend then, i bet i would make her happy with it though. MAN you got me thinking now... I aint happy with this ASUS board anyways, its a b*tch to overclock with, i mean its a solid board but i can only adjust 0.5 bit's and nothing in between. So i am forced to go for a higher Vcore then is needed.

Hmm...
GF's do not need OC'ed rigs. (J/K ladies!!!)

And... CHIV's are BD friendly!!! ;-) (or they will be with a BIOS update)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club