Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club - Page 2243

post #22421 of 23536
Anyone have a dual rad cpu setup with a top mount rad and a 120 mounted at the back? I'm thinking of adding a 120 to my loop.
post #22422 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohn View Post

Anyone have a dual rad cpu setup with a top mount rad and a 120 mounted at the back? I'm thinking of adding a 120 to my loop.

Assuming you are talking about a HAF X, if not then disregard.

A page or two earlier I posted a link to my build photos on Imgur. I have a 240 up top, a 140 mounted off the rear of the case and a 240 in the bottom. The water passes thru the 240, into the CPU, thru the 140, into the GPU's and then thru the second 240 before it gets back into the res. If you are worried about room, it's a good set up. The 140 at the back just requires a few rubber washers in between the rad and the case to make up the clearance of the protruding fan area. Then, the fan on the inside with a few longer than normal screws, thru the case, thru the rubber washers (2 per screw hole) into the rad. You can use the pre cut holes directly above for tubing.

EDIT: the same concept would probably work with the other cases, just match rad size to rear fan size.
post #22423 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattshotcha View Post

Assuming you are talking about a HAF X, if not then disregard.

A page or two earlier I posted a link to my build photos on Imgur. I have a 240 up top, a 140 mounted off the rear of the case and a 240 in the bottom. The water passes thru the 240, into the CPU, thru the 140, into the GPU's and then thru the second 240 before it gets back into the res. If you are worried about room, it's a good set up. The 140 at the back just requires a few rubber washers in between the rad and the case to make up the clearance of the protruding fan area. Then, the fan on the inside with a few longer than normal screws, thru the case, thru the rubber washers (2 per screw hole) into the rad. You can use the pre cut holes directly above for tubing.

EDIT: the same concept would probably work with the other cases, just match rad size to rear fan size.

Yes HAF X. I have a 240 up top and want to add a 120 (inside back) I just water cool my cpu. Just wondering if it's possible to fit a 120 back there
post #22424 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohn View Post

Yes HAF X. I have a 240 up top and want to add a 120 (inside back) I just water cool my cpu. Just wondering if it's possible to fit a 120 back there

Depending on thickness, yeah you should be ok. The pattern is there. My issue came from the thickness of the rad. If you had a 25mm ish rad then you'd probably be fine. The rads I use by EK are fat a**es. Hahaha.

EDIT: Just looked thru your build photos from the sig. Looks like you have the room no problem. Not really sure why you need another rad tho just for a CPU block. If I'm not mistaken the rule of thumb is at least 120 for each block. By that logic, you already are covered and then some.
Edited by mattshotcha - 3/20/14 at 1:18pm
post #22425 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattshotcha View Post

Assuming you are talking about a HAF X, if not then disregard.

A page or two earlier I posted a link to my build photos on Imgur. I have a 240 up top, a 140 mounted off the rear of the case and a 240 in the bottom. The water passes thru the 240, into the CPU, thru the 140, into the GPU's and then thru the second 240 before it gets back into the res. If you are worried about room, it's a good set up. The 140 at the back just requires a few rubber washers in between the rad and the case to make up the clearance of the protruding fan area. Then, the fan on the inside with a few longer than normal screws, thru the case, thru the rubber washers (2 per screw hole) into the rad. You can use the pre cut holes directly above for tubing.

EDIT: the same concept would probably work with the other cases, just match rad size to rear fan size.

In a HAF X you have space up top for a 360 x 30mm rad and if you are willing to lose the HDD cage you have space in the front for a Phobya Xtreme 200 V1. Either of these is more than adequate for a CPU but the Phobya is the better of the two. When I just had the 360 cooling my CPU it didn't seem to offer much better performance than the Corsair H100 or the Antec Kuhler H20 920, both of which I previously used.
General view of my new setup
post #22426 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattshotcha View Post

Depending on thickness, yeah you should be ok. The pattern is there. My issue came from the thickness of the rad. If you had a 25mm ish rad then you'd probably be fine. The rads I use by EK are fat a**es. Hahaha.

EDIT: Just looked thru your build photos from the sig. Looks like you have the room no problem. Not really sure why you need another rad tho just for a CPU block. If I'm not mistaken the rule of thumb is at least 120 for each block. By that logic, you already are covered and then some.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I know I'm fine but I think it would look better with some tubing and I don't have the cash for 1 gpu let alone 2 for sli setup. So if I expand the cpu to 2 rad it would look....... better biggrin.gif
post #22427 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinzaC55 View Post

In a HAF X you have space up top for a 360 x 30mm rad and if you are willing to lose the HDD cage you have space in the front for a Phobya Xtreme 200 V1. Either of these is more than adequate for a CPU but the Phobya is the better of the two. When I just had the 360 cooling my CPU it didn't seem to offer much better performance than the Corsair H100 or the Antec Kuhler H20 920, both of which I previously used.
General view of my new setup

Like I said above, I'm not going full gpu loop yet so I just want more bling for less $$$. But thanks for the info I'll keep all that in mind once I expand
post #22428 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjohn View Post

Like I said above, I'm not going full gpu loop yet so I just want more bling for less $$$. But thanks for the info I'll keep all that in mind once I expand
I know. I only did the CPU first with the 360, then added the Phobya 200 then the GPU. The Phobya is - IMHO - the better of the the 2 rads though.
post #22429 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinzaC55 View Post

I know. I only did the CPU first with the 360, then added the Phobya 200 then the GPU. The Phobya is - IMHO - the better of the the 2 rads though.

I see, looks like the 200 would only fit where you have it making any runs to the block look long. If I can get a rad mounted on the back fan hole I think it might look better.
post #22430 of 23536
I just added this Imon Soundgraph to the front of my HAF X. It used to be marketed as the Antec Veris Elite and although it is now under the OEM name bizarrely it is still marked "VERIS Elite"! The photo doesn't do the graphic equaliser justice as it has a mirror finish to the screen.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club