Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club - Page 61

post #601 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Muggz- View Post
Whoohoo the HAF is really jumping up in sales. This is great, I love this case.
Haha this is the first time I've seen your sig!
Desktop
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 995 BE @ 3.60GHz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 MSI R7-260X 2GB OC 8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500GB Western Digital Blue LG DVD-Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 226BW 22" LCD 2ms Logitech K120 XFX Core Edition PRO-550W Cooler Master HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 SteelSeries QcK Mass SteelSeries Siberia V2 USB Dayton B652 Speakers w/ Lepai AMP 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 995 BE @ 3.60GHz ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 MSI R7-260X 2GB OC 8GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500GB Western Digital Blue LG DVD-Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 226BW 22" LCD 2ms Logitech K120 XFX Core Edition PRO-550W Cooler Master HAF 912 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 SteelSeries QcK Mass SteelSeries Siberia V2 USB Dayton B652 Speakers w/ Lepai AMP 
  hide details  
Reply
post #602 of 23536
Here's mine. Got it earlier in the week. Absolutely love this case and I'm glad I got it.




My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R EVGA GTX 480 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Black 1TB Windows 7 SAMSUNG 24" 2494SW Corsair HX850 
Case
CaseLabs M8 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R EVGA GTX 480 6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Black 1TB Windows 7 SAMSUNG 24" 2494SW Corsair HX850 
Case
CaseLabs M8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #603 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensionz View Post
Haha this is the first time I've seen your sig!
HAHA!!! awesome!!!

EDIT I just remembered what topic that was... here it is post# 153
Edited by -Muggz- - 5/7/09 at 8:54pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 @3.9 1.456v ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe v0902 2x Sapphire 4870 1GB 810/970 4GB GSkill Pi Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 74GB Raptor 16mb/WD Caviar Black 640GB 32mb Sony 20x DVD multi Windows 7 x64 24" Dell Gloss Black 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec Quattro 850w HAF 932 Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Razer Exact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 @3.9 1.456v ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe v0902 2x Sapphire 4870 1GB 810/970 4GB GSkill Pi Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 74GB Raptor 16mb/WD Caviar Black 640GB 32mb Sony 20x DVD multi Windows 7 x64 24" Dell Gloss Black 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec Quattro 850w HAF 932 Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Razer Exact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #604 of 23536
Fellas..

I stumbled upon this thread, and haven't read it through it's entirity yet.. just thought I get this post in for any potential replies, incase I don't find the answers I'm looking for.



I've been sitting on the fence for ages now in regards to buying a case. I was so disappointed in most cases out there that I was going to build my own (still may).

Short list of me parts (wet)

Nvidia eVGA 790i Ultra Mainboard
8400 Intel - V2 Fuzion Waterblock
2 x BFG 9800 GTX OCX w/ XSPC Full Cover Waterblocks
1000W Coolermaster RealPower Pro PSU
120.3 Thermochill Rad
MCP655 Pump



Basically.. my problem with most cases I've researched, is that regardless of how huge the case is, the bottom of the motherboard is almost *always* nearly butted up against something.. be it the bottom of the case, the top of the case, or some sort of divider plate. This interferes with barbs/line coming out of the 2nd GPU in SLI.

I don't get it!

I could use a 90 elbow there, I guess.. but I still don't understand why most cases don't see this problem. Most of the water cooled rigs I've seen don't have the GPUs in the loop, or aren't SLI.

I noticed that the HAF has the option to stash the PSU on the top, or on the bottom.. so I thought that would the space for a nice wide loop from the bottom of the 2nd 9800.

But.. then I realized that I need to stash that honkin' 120.3 somewhere. If I put it on top, then I need to put the PSU on the bottom.

If I put it on the bottom... hey.. now that's an idea. Does anyone know if it's possible to put a 3 x 120 rad on the bottom of this case, even if I needed to remove/mod that 3.5" drive carriage?


Anyhoo.. I'll be assembling tonight. I think I made a good choice in cases.
post #605 of 23536
Well keep in mind that if you do put the PSU at the top you will have to remove the 230mm fan. Not a huge deal since you are H2O but something to keep in mind.

The PSU on the bottom works great though too because there is vents and holes for air to suck in if you have a intake fan on the bottom of your psu model. My Antec doesnt but I would rather not removing the big fan because im all air cooled.


The rad is made to go ont he bottom too, they left it open to configure how you like it.
They also drilled a hole on the top in the front for your resevoir. You can fill it right there. They really put some though into the case...

Youll love it!

Forgot to mention there is a tray on the bottom that you can mount the rad on, that actually can slide out to fit a bigger one.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 @3.9 1.456v ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe v0902 2x Sapphire 4870 1GB 810/970 4GB GSkill Pi Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 74GB Raptor 16mb/WD Caviar Black 640GB 32mb Sony 20x DVD multi Windows 7 x64 24" Dell Gloss Black 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec Quattro 850w HAF 932 Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Razer Exact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 @3.9 1.456v ASUS M3A79-T Deluxe v0902 2x Sapphire 4870 1GB 810/970 4GB GSkill Pi Black 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 74GB Raptor 16mb/WD Caviar Black 640GB 32mb Sony 20x DVD multi Windows 7 x64 24" Dell Gloss Black 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Mirror Antec Quattro 850w HAF 932 Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Razer Exact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #606 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluphysted View Post
Fellas..

I stumbled upon this thread, and haven't read it through it's entirity yet.. just thought I get this post in for any potential replies, incase I don't find the answers I'm looking for.



I've been sitting on the fence for ages now in regards to buying a case. I was so disappointed in most cases out there that I was going to build my own (still may).

Short list of me parts (wet)

Nvidia eVGA 790i Ultra Mainboard
8400 Intel - V2 Fuzion Waterblock
2 x BFG 9800 GTX OCX w/ XSPC Full Cover Waterblocks
1000W Coolermaster RealPower Pro PSU
120.3 Thermochill Rad
MCP655 Pump



Basically.. my problem with most cases I've researched, is that regardless of how huge the case is, the bottom of the motherboard is almost *always* nearly butted up against something.. be it the bottom of the case, the top of the case, or some sort of divider plate. This interferes with barbs/line coming out of the 2nd GPU in SLI.

I don't get it!

I could use a 90 elbow there, I guess.. but I still don't understand why most cases don't see this problem. Most of the water cooled rigs I've seen don't have the GPUs in the loop, or aren't SLI.

I noticed that the HAF has the option to stash the PSU on the top, or on the bottom.. so I thought that would the space for a nice wide loop from the bottom of the 2nd 9800.

But.. then I realized that I need to stash that honkin' 120.3 somewhere. If I put it on top, then I need to put the PSU on the bottom.

If I put it on the bottom... hey.. now that's an idea. Does anyone know if it's possible to put a 3 x 120 rad on the bottom of this case, even if I needed to remove/mod that 3.5" drive carriage?


Anyhoo.. I'll be assembling tonight. I think I made a good choice in cases.

Hey, it's a great case and i believe you made a good choice. Hmm, seems like a interesting idea. let us know how it goes and then post back with pics too!
Animus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ 2 x 4GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 2 x WD 1TB Blue EZEX RAID0 EK Supremacy - Copper / Acetal EK Titan X & Backplate - Copper / Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK 360XTX EK Spin Reservoir - Acetal Liang DDC / EK Top EK PSC Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit 3 x Samsung P2450H 24" Filco Majestouch 2 - Cherry Blues Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Destructor 2 Creative Titanium HD 
AudioAudio
Fiio E9 Amplifier Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium (600 Ohm) 
  hide details  
Reply
Animus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770K Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 EVGA GTX980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ 2 x 4GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB 2 x WD 1TB Blue EZEX RAID0 EK Supremacy - Copper / Acetal EK Titan X & Backplate - Copper / Acetal 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK 360XTX EK Spin Reservoir - Acetal Liang DDC / EK Top EK PSC Compression Fittings 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional 64bit 3 x Samsung P2450H 24" Filco Majestouch 2 - Cherry Blues Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 800D Razer Deathadder 2013 Razer Destructor 2 Creative Titanium HD 
AudioAudio
Fiio E9 Amplifier Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium (600 Ohm) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #607 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Muggz- View Post
Well keep in mind that if you do put the PSU at the top you will have to remove the 230mm fan. Not a huge deal since you are H2O but something to keep in mind.

The PSU on the bottom works great though too because there is vents and holes for air to suck in if you have a intake fan on the bottom of your psu model. My Antec doesnt but I would rather not removing the big fan because im all air cooled.


The rad is made to go ont he bottom too, they left it open to configure how you like it.
They also drilled a hole on the top in the front for your resevoir. You can fill it right there. They really put some though into the case...

Youll love it!

Forgot to mention there is a tray on the bottom that you can mount the rad on, that actually can slide out to fit a bigger one.

I know a 120.1 or 120.2 could fit on the bottom.. but I didn't think a 3 fan rad would, at least not without some serious coercion.
post #608 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluphysted View Post
I know a 120.1 or 120.2 could fit on the bottom.. but I didn't think a 3 fan rad would, at least not without some serious coercion.
Yes it wont, there is only cutout for 2 and a 1/2 fans on the bottom. You should also be aware that the 120.2 or 120.3 rads holes do not align with predrilled holes in the top of the case.
BENDER
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 EVGA SLI 758 A1 Sapphire 4890 Vapor 6GB Gskill DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 WD 250GB Raid 0 Plextor DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional HP 2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 HAF-X Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
BENDER
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 D0 EVGA SLI 758 A1 Sapphire 4890 Vapor 6GB Gskill DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 WD 250GB Raid 0 Plextor DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional HP 2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 HAF-X Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #609 of 23536
but you can drill holes on the top of case to allow 120.3 Thermochill Rad to be mounted. fesser's and hw labs allign up, no problem.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 evga x58 classified EVGA GTX285 2G (x2 sli) DOMINATOR-GT 6GB 1866 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB vista 64 bit 61 inch dlp samsung 1080p ultra x3 1000 
Case
haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 evga x58 classified EVGA GTX285 2G (x2 sli) DOMINATOR-GT 6GB 1866 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB vista 64 bit 61 inch dlp samsung 1080p ultra x3 1000 
Case
haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #610 of 23536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi View Post
Are those TriCools? I saw in your other pics that it looked a little orange, was that beacuase of the cold cathodes? Was thinkin about getting the Apevia's when I get my case, but I'll spend a few more bucks and go for these

@Robilar: Mind postin any pics of your rig with the P6T in it
Sure mate, here are a few. I sold the P6T though and picked up the P6T Deluxe V2.

Some major mods to come on the case.

I found a shop locally that does powder coating. I am stripping all of the black paint off the HAF courtesy of two containers of Citristrip (including off both doors) and having the entire thing powdercoated black, internal and externally.

I am also going to powdercoat the dvd-rw metal casing, my card reader metal casing and the thermaltake icage I have sitting in 3 of the 5.25 bays.

I found a lian li 140mm blue LED fan that I will be using in place of the crappy rear one CM provides. I just have to decide what to do with the front fan.

In the roof, I will eventually be mounting a triple rad (cpu loop only, chipset on the X58 boards don't get hot enough to warrant it and neither do the 4890's. The cpu on the other hand, even being a D0 stepping gets a wee bit warm).

I probably will put a second blue Lian-li 140mm in the front (in place the the el crappo 230mm fan they provide. I already pulled the red one and moved the door fan to the front to keep the color scheme consistent.) I will have to put mount holes in as there is only provision up front for the 230mm or a standard 120mm.




Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6800K Asus X99-A II Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Quad  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Corsair H100i V2 - w/ML120 Pro Fans Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc  EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 450D Mionix Naos 8200 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Inwin Batmat Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6800K Asus X99-A II Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Quad  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Corsair H100i V2 - w/ML120 Pro Fans Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc  EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 450D Mionix Naos 8200 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Inwin Batmat Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club