Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club - Page 614

post #6131 of 23554
Oh well see I'm speaking of current level Ek blocks. They come with a tube of MX-5. I have no idea how good or bad the stuff it but I imagine that Ek wouldn't throw a garbage TIM in the box and give themselves a royal headache with kneejerk RMAs'.

I didn't realize that you'd gotten yours second hand.

Well I've done it. I've changed my mind on my MoBo too. Now I am indeed going Crossfire Formula IV. I'm hoping newegg has it in stock when I have my student loan in hand. Cause if I get stuck running this midlevel ASUS MoBo and a 955 BE CPU and having to wait, I'm NOT going to be happy.

So I'll be saving about $140 on NB/SB blocks fittings and hose. That's what I get for wanting the best but I rather have the best when mucking with h2o inside my HAF.

~Ceadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
Not sure, i bought my ek 4870x2 new from an ebay u.s. pc builder (overstock/clearance item), the instructions from ek (including online pdf) said to use AS ceramique, so I bought some and has worked, funny, the ek 4870 block i bought from them directly says the same thing and includes a bit of goo w/ it , though the supreme LT did come w/ oem goo, no indication to use otherwise, i still added the AS ceramique for all blocks
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6132 of 23554
You could try FrozenCPU.com they should have them in blue btw. Can't lost those.

I think they would ship them to you up there in the great white nothing.

Blue Anodized Thumbscrews

~Ceadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleblue View Post
I could just use regular pc screws but I don't want to, it's my super new Black n Blue HAF 932 (say that fast it rhymes)

I bet they went up the vacuum! Well if anyone sees them in a store pls grab a couple and send 'em to me - I'll cover the cost + postage with paypal.

 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6133 of 23554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
Oh well see I'm speaking of current level Ek blocks. They come with a tube of MX-5. I have no idea how good or bad the stuff it but I imagine that Ek wouldn't throw a garbage TIM in the box and give themselves a royal headache with kneejerk RMAs'.

I didn't realize that you'd gotten yours second hand.

~Ceadder
Nope! both were brand new, 4870x2 was just oem pckg brand new (got it for $80), 4870 purchased from ek directly, also $80. only difference i noticed was that big ol' ek sticker on the 4870 pckg. oh, and the 4870x2 was missing thermal pad, no biggie, got a big ol' pad from frozencpu.com

im sooooo tempted to get an Lian Li pc-x1000 or abs canyon 695 (aka Lian Li pc-x2000), really leaning on abs. they're really pricey but i got some extra cash and might sell a few bits from my current build...
post #6134 of 23554
ch I thought you said you got them secondhand?

Meh no biggee.

Better you than me on the Lian Li foray. I know they make some nice cases but that's too rich for my blood. You might just as well go with the Corsair 800/D model. At least the D comes with plexi pre applied. And roomy enough for h2o too.

~Ceadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
Nope! both were brand new, 4870x2 was just oem pckg brand new (got it for $80), 4870 purchased from ek directly, also $80. only difference i noticed was that big ol' ek sticker on the 4870 pckg. oh, and the 4870x2 was missing thermal pad, no biggie, got a big ol' pad from frozencpu.com

im sooooo tempted to get an Lian Li pc-x1000 or abs canyon 695 (aka Lian Li pc-x2000), really leaning on abs. they're really pricey but i got some extra cash and might sell a few bits from my current build...
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6135 of 23554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
ch I thought you said you got them secondhand?

Meh no biggee.

Better you than me on the Lian Li foray. I know they make some nice cases but that's too rich for my blood. You might just as well go with the Corsair 800/D model. At least the D comes with plexi pre applied. And roomy enough for h2o too.

~Ceadder
np
the egg has the abs for $399 plus you get the plexi door (about $50) for free, w/ ship+tax (I hate the fact that the egg is in CA, why not TX , jk) its about $450, If i sell a few things, might be able to get if for around $200-250, dont know yet, the special runs out on 4/30 if ne one is interested, not to say the haf 932 is no good, is just the abs is so darn perrrrrtty and huge!
post #6136 of 23554
Or we can always buy another HAF and mod them together and then pick up the AMD plexi for both sides w/o the AMD logos. That would be kewl as hell.

And since you're already in one HAF it's $250 cheaper to do it my way.

I don't understand why nobody has done a full cabinet along the lines of the ABS. But I might do it. Only I'd get the AMD chassis. So I only had to buy the one door. Too bad they don't come with reverse dragon graphic for it.


~Ceadder


Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
np
the egg has the abs for $399 plus you get the plexi door (about $50) for free, w/ ship+tax (I hate the fact that the egg is in CA, why not TX , jk) its about $450, If i sell a few things, might be able to get if for around $200-250, dont know yet, the special runs out on 4/30 if ne one is interested, not to say the haf 932 is no good, is just the abs is so darn perrrrrtty and huge!
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6137 of 23554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
Or we can always buy another HAF and mod them together and then pick up the AMD plexi for both sides w/o the AMD logos. That would be kewl as hell.

And since you're already in one HAF it's $250 cheaper to do it my way.

I don't understand why nobody has done a full cabinet along the lines of the ABS. But I might do it. Only I'd get the AMD chassis. So I only had to buy the one door. Too bad they don't come with reverse dragon graphic for it.


~Ceadder
Still contemplating if i should do it. yeah, a lot of ppl just tell me to get another 932 and fuse them side by side for more space. Still really tempting that abs canyon 695 and so so beautiful

finished the 24 pin sleeve, damn its hard! took me almost 4hrs. came out ok

post #6138 of 23554
Put it like this bro, you could mount that Magicool 1080 Rad you like so much right atop the two HAFs' then that ABS case looks bland as hell.

Oh now see what you went an made me do? I got so exited I wet myself. j/k lol

That sleeving job does look pretty good right now though. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Hey I got a question for you. If I did fuse two cases together and ran h2o, should I run two PSUs' (1 CPU, 1 h2o) and if I did run a second PSU what do you think the h2o system would require for Wattage? I think it would be pretty cool to have each system on it's on power source.

~Ceadder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wermad View Post
Still contemplating if i should do it. yeah, a lot of ppl just tell me to get another 932 and fuse them side by side for more space. Still really tempting that abs canyon 695 and so so beautiful

finished the 24 pin sleeve, damn its hard! took me almost 4hrs. came out ok

 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Crosshair IV Formula Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair Dominator G. Skill Ripjaws X G. Skill x2 HITACHI 1TB Deskstars 1TB RAID0 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
ASUS DRW-24B1ST  Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Swiftech 6950/6870 GPU Heatsink Monsoon 1/2"x5/8" PETG White Hardline tubing. 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Monsoon Economy Hardline fittings EK Dual DDC V2 top Swiftech Pump DDC-1T (2) Liquid Fusion V Double helix Reservoir 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Yate Loon 120x20 (D12SM-12C) Medium Speed Silen... EK Supreme HF Classified EK Thermosphere GPU Block EK Thermosphere GPU Block 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 64 bit Ultimate OEM Asus VH222H Black HDMI Widescreen Logitech the OCZ went buhbye adios. Don't know ... Corsair CMPSU HX 850w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF 932 Logitech g9x COOLER MASTER Weapon of Choice: M4 Duramesh Pad Logitech X-240 2.1 speakers 
OtherOther
Sunbeam Rheosmart 3 Creative X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6139 of 23554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post
Put it like this bro, you could mount that Magicool 1080 Rad you like so much right atop the two HAFs' then that ABS case looks bland as hell.

Oh now see what you went an made me do? I got so exited I wet myself. j/k lol

That sleeving job does look pretty good right now though. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Hey I got a question for you. If I did fuse two cases together and ran h2o, should I run two PSUs' (1 CPU, 1 h2o) and if I did run a second PSU what do you think the h2o system would require for Wattage? I think it would be pretty cool to have each system on it's on power source.

~Ceadder
You'd have to remember to turn the liquid cooling loop on every time. Since it only draws about 18W from the pump I don't see the need for another PSU.
post #6140 of 23554
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolonger View Post
You'd have to remember to turn the liquid cooling loop on every time. Since it only draws about 18W from the pump I don't see the need for another PSU.
my thoughts exactly, just get a highend psu 1kw+ for future proofing, going to the vinyl-sign shop to get some decals for my psu .

while taking breaks from sleeving, kept drooling over the ABS Canyon 695 , Im really falling for that case, Im now hesitating modifying my haf (other than the psu sleeving) further and possibly selling, , the misses approved as long as i sell somethings for at least $200 and buy her stuff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Cooler Master HAF X/932/922/912(+) Club