Originally Posted by levontraut
hey guy and girls. i am in the arket to get a new haf. i had te 932 and it was brilliant, it is a bit bent now from a small mishap. i want to get a new one now, what one do you suggest the 932 or X. pls comment. and thanx in advance
Haf x was better for me for a few major reasons.
1. Black interior with side 200mm fan with a shroud and a bigger window than Regular 932 and black 932 has no side fan.
2. Was $160 at microcenter.
3. 9 expansion slots meant I could get the evga classified 4xsli board that cost $270 after mail in rebate and combo discount. Also with that many slots and that board I can do sli and allow some space in between the gpus.
4. 2 200mm fans at top means more airflow and less noise.
5. The fact that Lawrence explained that I could use the side panel fan + gpu duct with a 120x38 mm fan + the optional 80mm fan bracket meant that gpu temps should not be a problem at all and I still get a big window and black interior vs 932.
1. CPU hot swap cut out doesn't fit evga classified 4x sli. Ok for me im using h50.
2. Lack of ability to install 120mm fans in all the 200mm fan slots including the front 230mm fan. You can mount 120 fans at the top but not in any other slots.
3. Lack of ability to install a 120mm fan at bottom of case the way u can in 932. Not a real issue for helping the gpus but issue if you are trying to get 5% more positive pressure.
4. No motherboard template. I have to make my own ghetto one.
Anyother essay. Hope it helped.Edited by Kyushu - 9/18/10 at 6:24am