TIPS FOR NOOBS
In the time I've been playing L4D online, I've come across a lot of noobs. Yes, there are noobs on the internet.
Anyways. Instead of just bashing noobs, I'd like to give a few tips to them. If you have any more tips to add, let me know.
1. NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER Shoot a hunter when it has a teammate pinned down if you have a shotgun or do not know how to aim. Knock him off with right click first and then shoot him. A lot of the damage from Hunter attacks comes from friendly fire from someone who thought it would be smart to shoot a shotgun 2 inches from a teammates face...
2. Use your environment! The environment can be very beneficial to you when fighting off hordes. For example: closets. There is only one entry point in a closet and that's the door. Simply blow a hole in the middle of the door so you can see and shoot through it, get inside, and close the door. Works wonders at fighting off hordes. Same goes for trains in the second level. There are only 1-2 entry points which are much more easily defended than standing out in the open.
3. Communicate! Communication is essential in this game. You need to work out strategies as you go into places and assign roles to people. IE: Cover back, front, left, right, etc etc.
4. DO NOT!: Waste med kits. I've seen a lot of people wasting medkits when they're at 40-60% health. You can get a lot farther with that amount of health than you think. Only use your medkits when you're down in the red or after you've been knocked down once or twice.
5. For the love of God, PLEASE be more careful with molotovs. I can't tell you how many times I've been killed/knocked down by some idiot who got got a bit too souped up by pyromania(no, not the Def Leppard CD.)
6. When you are in front of a group, DO crouch down (ctrl). This allows teammates to shoot over your head and help you out.
7. DO NOT!: Scatter. If a horde comes, run towards each other, not away. You are much more powerful as a team.
8. Shove Boomers away before you shoot them if they are close to you or a teammate. Please please please. A lot of the times, the horde trigger events come because of a noob that shot a boomer 2 inches in front of him or a teammate.
9. If a Boomer vomits on you, DO NOT SHOOT at anything. If you have a good team, chances are that they will rally around you to cover you. Shooting your gun while blinded will only serve to hurt your teammates. Just spam the right click button for shove.
10. Don't piss off the Witch... she's a bish. Especially on Expert where it's a one hit kill from her. Turn off your flashlights if you hear her and try to get around her if at all possible.
11. Do not trigger events until your team is ready! Set up gas cans and have molotovs/pipe bombs ready before you trigger an action event. Verbally ask your team if they are ready and only trigger the event once everyone is ready. Examples of the triggered action events are the red car in the first level and the switch in the second level.Edited by TnB= Gir - 11/8/08 at 2:21pm