Originally Posted by gtarmanrob
oi seriously guys, seriously...
how the effing hell do you pass the rooftop finale of No Mercy? lol. on advanced.
i thought i'd done it before for some reason but nah i havnt finished it. theres no way. the furtherest we got was the 2nd tank, it was on fire and i swear 1 clip from death given how much we'd pumped it, i was last man standing and while crouching behind what i thought was cover, he nailed me with a bit of concrete.
that level is insane. over an hour at least, and no pass.
those that have done it, whats your strategy? my suggestion was to keep moving, rooftop to rooftop. we didnt do it though, everyone else was adamant we stay on the main roof with the MG.
There is one way that works, but it requires 1 of the Team to sacrifice their life
- All 4 need to be on the highest part of the roof (right before you jump down onto the ladder that spans to the adjacent Helipad.
- 3 stay up there, the 4th goes to trigger the event
- As soon as the horde start to swarm the 3 need to scoot down the long ladder, and than back down the elevator shaft and back through the crawlspace.
- Take up positions in front of the elevator doors and the crawlspace and prepare to blast away.
- Tanks can get through the crawlspace, but it takes them awhile.
- Blast away until you hear the chopper
Not a very elegant tactic, but it worked.
The other way that worked:
- One person on the Gatling gun and 2 peeps protecting the flanks, and the fourth person on the roof behind.
- Use all the propane tanks/Molotov's on the Tank(s)
- Person on the roof uses pipe bombs when needed
- As long as the 2 peeps protect the Gatling gunner, and the gunner spools the Gatling properly this will work for all but the Tanks
- When they appear break and run, but stay together and have a Blast-fest.
- Regroup for second wave
Another way (and what turned out to be the easiest) is to use the stairway behind the Gatling gun that leads down to the Radio room:
Edited by Syrillian - 11/21/08 at 6:07am
- 2 peeps up top aiming out the door, 2 on the middle of the stairway aiming down the stairway
- The bottle-neck there provides a single avenue of approach and excellent fields of fire
- Pretty straight-forward: Blast at anything that moves and is un-dead.
- Break when the Tanks appear and then re-group once he is dispatched.
Again, not the most valiant of tactics.... but all is fair in Love and War.