Overclock.net banner

*OFFICIAL* Left 4 Dead Discussion and Screenshot Thread

74K views 1K replies 249 participants last post by  DIRTYDUCK 
#1 ·

Larger Version Here.

Left 4 Dead is releasing in less than a month, and the PC demo should be coming out very shortly, so I thought I should start up this thread now in conjunction with my Left 4 Dead Teams Group.

Left 4 Dead Tips for NOOBS

Game Info:

IGN

Left 4 Dead Fan Site

Gametrailers Videos

Gamespot

Videos:

TV Ad:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/5138/

Opening Cinematic:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/le...l-movie-1?hd=1

Demo Info:

The PC Demo for Left 4 Dead is coming out on November 6th for those who have pre-ordered the game. November 11th for those who did not pre-order the game.

See less See more
#2 ·
cant wait for it to come out

#8 ·
can't wait to play this game!

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
that's sarcasm, right?
No. Why would it be? Why shouldn't Valve let their customers who supported them get to play the demo a few days early? Just about everyone that preodered it have been waiting 2+ years for L4D. Its really cool and nice of them to do this. I have already preordered 3 copys of it (1 for each of my Steam accounts, and 1 for my buddy as any early b-day present). I will also be getting the 360 version eventually.

#12 ·
Yeah, I've seriously be waiting for this game since June of 2006. Now I can says "na na, na na, na, naaa" to all the people who get it on the 11th.

#13 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckbandit35
View Post

No. Why would it be? Why shouldn't Valve let their customers who supported them get to play the demo a few days early? Everyone has been waiting for this for over 2+ years. Its really cool and nice of them to do this. I have already preordered 3 copys of it (1 for each of my Steam accounts, and 1 for my buddy as any early b-day present). I will also be getting the 360 version eventually.

It just seems kind of lame. I play demos to sample a game or software, understand it, become familiar with it BEFORE I give my money to the developer. To me it's just counter to the idea, why should I give money for something that's supposed to be free? It just means for those of us with a tighter budget have to wait to sample the game to know if it's something we'll be interested in.

This probably only applies to a few of us, or just me. I was just hoping to have time to evaluate the demo before the release, since I've never really been a part of a multiplayer game when it was initially released. But I doubt I'll have time to do that, so, I'll just exercise some patience.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryboto
View Post

It just seems kind of lame. I play demos to sample a game or software, understand it, become familiar with it BEFORE I give my money to the developer. To me it's just counter to the idea, why should I give money for something that's supposed to be free? It just means for those of us with a tighter budget have to wait to sample the game to know if it's something we'll be interested in.

This probably only applies to a few of us, or just me. I was just hoping to have time to evaluate the demo before the release, since I've never really been a part of a multiplayer game when it was initially released. But I doubt I'll have time to do that, so, I'll just exercise some patience.

You still get to play the demo and become familiar with it before you pay. You just have to wait 5 days longer. It still is free. You will still have a week to evaluate the game. Thats plenty of time. Valve is being really generous to everyone that preodered it and have always supported them. Thats what makes them one of the best developers out there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fatal05
View Post

Yeah, I've seriously be waiting for this game since June of 2006. Now I can says "na na, na na, na, naaa" to all the people who get it on the 11th.

LOL

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckbandit35
View Post

You still get to play the demo and become familiar with it before you pay. You just have to wait 5 days longer. It still is free. You will still have a week to evaluate the game. Thats plenty of time. Valve is being really generous to everyone that preodered it and have always supported them. Thats what makes them one of the best developers out there.
LOL

I probably wont get much of a chance to play it in just 1 week, that's my point. I've always supported them my buying history on Steam is predominantly Valve games, so, where's the generosity here? Because I don't pre-order something I'm not sure I'll enjoy I can't be considered a supporter?

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ryboto
View Post

I probably wont get much of a chance to play it in just 1 week, that's my point. I've always supported them my buying history on Steam is predominantly Valve games, so, where's the generosity here? Because I don't pre-order something I'm not sure I'll enjoy I can't be considered a supporter?

So because Valve can't work around your schedule its lame? It's your own problem if you can't make time to kill zombies a week before release. Valves being generous and letting people that preordered play it 5 days early. If it doesn't work out for you. tuff ****.

Like fatal said

*Eric Cartmans Voice*
"hahahaha nanananna I get the demo before you!"

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckbandit35 View Post
So because Valve can't work around your schedule its lame? It's your own problem if you can't make time to kill zombies a week before release. Valves being generous and letting people that preordered play it 5 days early. If it doesn't work out for you. tuff ****.

Like fatal said

*Eric Cartmans Voice*
"hahahaha nanananna I get the demo before you!"
well, good for you, I'm more picky with my purchases, and I'd rather save money for something tangible than spend it on a game I'm not sure I'll like. Valve's being generous giving you a demo early that they're going to supply anyway? I only buy games if they have a demo, or if I've played it to try it out. Besides, games don't come first in my life, my life does, and most likely I wont have time to play it with just those 5 days. Oh well, I hope it's worth the wait.

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mersiles View Post
Ok just so I have this right, you have to preorder it on steam to get the early demo?
Not quite. If you preorder it at gamestop or a few other places you will get it on November 6th also. Everyone else gets it on the 11th.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
well, good for you, I'm more picky with my purchases, and I'd rather save money for something tangible than spend it on a game I'm not sure I'll like. Valve's being generous giving you a demo early that they're going to supply anyway? I only buy games if they have a demo, or if I've played it to try it out. Besides, games don't come first in my life, my life does, and most likely I wont have time to play it with just those 5 days. Oh well, I hope it's worth the wait.
Like I said, those are your own issues then. It doesn't make the deal lame or anything.

#25 ·
Gir, if you like you can also post this in the OP:

Click for a huge version of this image.

Personally i think this would be much better as the box cover that the 4 fingered hand, but that's just me.

If you don't want it in the OP, then no biggie, but it'll be at that link for a while to com yet, so feel free to grab it while you can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.