Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Silverstone Case Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Silverstone Case Owners Club - Page 158

post #1571 of 6398
My Cable Management looks horrible in my case
1. Because of the psu is not sleeved, but il sleeve my 1200watt psu when i get.
2. because the cables for the front usb are to short to run threw the back.
Im installing my watercooling set up this weekend fo il try and clean the wiring up the best i can here are some pictures of how it looks now
IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

I love how this guy mounted his rads on the back
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=866344&mpage=1
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1572 of 6398
thought i'll join the ft02 crew... drunken.gif

to be exact, my case is the ft02b-w v1.7 version with the ap181 fans rolleyes.gif fairly happy with the looks of my build as it is, but there are still a couple of things that i reckon needs to be done...

1. spray paint that ugly dvd drive black, hate that 'grey-ass' sticking out from the 5.25'' bay

2. sleeving...but since corsair has done a pretty remarkable job with their own cables, there are only the 'german/belgium themed' fan connector, front io connection header, onboard usb header and the onboard hd audio header cables needs to be 'stealthed'. but they're kinda small things really...

any recommendations from you guys to make my build look prettier are welcomed! biggrin.gif
post #1573 of 6398
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik257;12737580 
thought i'll join the ft02 crew... drunken.gif

to be exact, my case is the ft02b-w v1.7 version with the ap181 fans rolleyes.gif fairly happy with the looks of my build as it is, but there are still a couple of things that i reckon needs to be done...

1. spray paint that ugly dvd drive black, hate that 'grey-ass' sticking out from the 5.25'' bay

2. sleeving...but since corsair has done a pretty remarkable job with their own cables, there are only the 'german/belgium themed' fan connector, front io connection header, onboard usb header and the onboard hd audio header cables needs to be 'stealthed'. but they're kinda small things really...

any recommendations from you guys to make my build look prettier are welcomed! biggrin.gif

If you're to the point of spray-painting the optical drive, you might as well replace the shiny anodized slotted PCI covers with the black painted ones. You'll need to buy two sets to cover your 5 slots though, they are $5 for 4 at Amazon (search for SilverStone AEROSLOTS-BP) if you have Prime or $10 for 4 at Newegg.

Also, I took off the black painted fan grille off my Corsair AX850 to make the PSU flush with the case and replaced the shiny anodized fan grille on the 120mm exhaust case fan with the Corsair one.
Edited by Kisakuku - 3/15/11 at 8:49am
Green Fangoblin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB & Samsung F3 1TB LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner and GH24LS50 DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 HP Dell U3011 & X-Rite i1Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g & 87UD 55g Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT02B w/USB 3.0 Kit Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Fangoblin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB & Samsung F3 1TB LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner and GH24LS50 DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 HP Dell U3011 & X-Rite i1Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g & 87UD 55g Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT02B w/USB 3.0 Kit Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1574 of 6398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisakuku;12739837 
If you're to the point of spray-painting the optical drive, you might as well replace the shiny anodized slotted PCI covers with the black painted ones. You'll need to buy two sets to cover your 5 slots though, they are $5 for 4 at Amazon if you have Prime or $10 for 4 at Newegg.

Also, I took off the black painted fan grille off my Corsair AX850 to make the PSU flush with the case and replaced the shiny anodized fan grille on the 120mm exhaust case fan with the Corsair one.

haha, i guess i could, but strangely i actually dont mind the shiny pci covers, kinda blend in with the shiny io connection area + capacitors on the mobo quite well i think. then again, my graphics endplate is kinda dark, and looks a bit weird between the silver ones...to be honest, i havent made up my mind about the pci covers yet. but since im gonna buy a spray paint anyway, i guess a dvd drive wont use all of it, so i can always do the pci covers as well if i decide to go for black. thanks for the link on amazon tho, didnt even know silverstone make these things smile.gif

as for the exhaust fan grill, what you did was quite clever actually! rolleyes.gif but for me, since its 'outside' the case, although sill under the top cover, i can sort of live with it really. its just that i am thinking of dropping some lightings inside the case, so my main concern is the area where you can see through the side window. but of course, i would like the case to look nice and tidy when the case is open too, who doesnt right? biggrin.gif

comes to lightings, do you have any lights in your ft02? i used to have a bunch of red led fans in my old rig, so never really bothered to look in to actual led lights or cold cathode tubes, any suggestions which would look better? confused.gif
post #1575 of 6398
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik257;12740113 
haha, i guess i could, but strangely i actually dont mind the shiny pci covers, kinda blend in with the shiny io connection area + capacitors on the mobo quite well i think. then again, my graphics endplate is kinda dark, and looks a bit weird between the silver ones...to be honest, i havent made up my mind about the pci covers yet. but since im gonna buy a spray paint anyway, i guess a dvd drive wont use all of it, so i can always do the pci covers as well if i decide to go for black. thanks for the link on amazon tho, didnt even know silverstone make these things smile.gif

as for the exhaust fan grill, what you did was quite clever actually! rolleyes.gif but for me, since its 'outside' the case, although sill under the top cover, i can sort of live with it really. its just that i am thinking of dropping some lightings inside the case, so my main concern is the area where you can see through the side window. but of course, i would like the case to look nice and tidy when the case is open too, who doesnt right? biggrin.gif

comes to lightings, do you have any lights in your ft02? i used to have a bunch of red led fans in my old rig, so never really bothered to look in to actual led lights or cold cathode tubes, any suggestions which would look better? confused.gif

You're welcome. For some reason OCN breaks the Amazon link, so I edited it out.

I chose FT02 for its understated appearance and low noise, so I went with the windowless version. Would much rather have the sound-dampening foam on that side panel than the window. For the same reason, I'm not the person to ask about LEDs and CCTs. I do like the fact that after my little mods the top panel is almost entirely black though cool.gif
Green Fangoblin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB & Samsung F3 1TB LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner and GH24LS50 DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 HP Dell U3011 & X-Rite i1Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g & 87UD 55g Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT02B w/USB 3.0 Kit Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Fangoblin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB & Samsung F3 1TB LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner and GH24LS50 DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 HP Dell U3011 & X-Rite i1Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g & 87UD 55g Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT02B w/USB 3.0 Kit Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1576 of 6398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisakuku;12740713 
You're welcome. For some reason OCN breaks the Amazon link, so I edited it out.

I chose FT02 for its understated appearance and low noise, so I went with the windowless version. Would much rather have the sound-dampening foam on that side panel than the window. For the same reason, I'm not the person to ask about LEDs and CCTs. I do like the fact that after my little mods the top panel is almost entirely black though cool.gif

yeah, i really like the clean, understated look on the ft02 as well, and of course its air cooling ability, thats why i chose it over the corsair 700d. but have to say, those 3 ap181 fans i have in the case are not the quietest things. i wouldnt leave them on high settings, they do shift a hell a lot of air, but the humming sound is quite loud in my opinion, makes me wonder how much a solid side panel with foam would help with keeping that noise down rolleyes.gif
post #1577 of 6398
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qu1ckset;12731302 
My Cable Management looks horrible in my case
1. Because of the psu is not sleeved, but il sleeve my 1200watt psu when i get.
2. because the cables for the front usb are to short to run threw the back.
Im installing my watercooling set up this weekend fo il try and clean the wiring up the best i can here are some pictures of how it looks now

snip

I love how this guy mounted his rads on the back
http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=866344&mpage=1

haha thats pretty mental

heres a few new snaps of mine:

Outside
img1256l.jpg
Inside
img1250j.jpg
Back (Might help with your cables)
img1252g.jpg
post #1578 of 6398
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik257;12741686 
yeah, i really like the clean, understated look on the ft02 as well, and of course its air cooling ability, thats why i chose it over the corsair 700d. but have to say, those 3 ap181 fans i have in the case are not the quietest things. i wouldnt leave them on high settings, they do shift a hell a lot of air, but the humming sound is quite loud in my opinion, makes me wonder how much a solid side panel with foam would help with keeping that noise down rolleyes.gif

It won't help much if the AP181's are on high. I always have them on low, the temperature difference is at most 1C for CPU/GPU/Mobo/HDD for me. Even on low, they are a bit too loud for my taste, so I'm getting a Lamptron FC-T fan controller to turn them down further. There's a whole discussion going on about fan controllers in the FT02 thread at hardforum.

In general, sound insulation inside the case doesn't help much to tone down intake fan noise. It's mostly for the CPU/GPU fans, etc. I bought some extra foam sheets at Amazon (SilverStone SF01, $14), will plaster it all over the insides of the 5.25" bays and bay covers, HDD cage, etc. when I'm replacing my P67 mobo for a Rev.B3 one.
Green Fangoblin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB & Samsung F3 1TB LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner and GH24LS50 DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 HP Dell U3011 & X-Rite i1Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g & 87UD 55g Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT02B w/USB 3.0 Kit Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Fangoblin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB & Samsung F3 1TB LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner and GH24LS50 DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 HP Dell U3011 & X-Rite i1Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g & 87UD 55g Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT02B w/USB 3.0 Kit Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1579 of 6398
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik257;12737580 
thought i'll join the ft02 crew... drunken.gif

to be exact, my case is the ft02b-w v1.7 version with the ap181 fans rolleyes.gif fairly happy with the looks of my build as it is, but there are still a couple of things that i reckon needs to be done...

1. spray paint that ugly dvd drive black, hate that 'grey-ass' sticking out from the 5.25'' bay

2. sleeving...but since corsair has done a pretty remarkable job with their own cables, there are only the 'german/belgium themed' fan connector, front io connection header, onboard usb header and the onboard hd audio header cables needs to be 'stealthed'. but they're kinda small things really...

any recommendations from you guys to make my build look prettier are welcomed! biggrin.gif

How are you liking the Frio? I have been thinking of getting it to replace my H50.
Tiny Dancer
(20 items)
 
For Sale: EVGA GTX 1070 FE
$420 (USD)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Asrock X99e-itx EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Vengence LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe Corsair H75  NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM  Windows 10 BenQ 32" IPS 4K (BL3201PH) Vortex Poker 3 (White with White LED) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF600w Ncase M1 V5 (Silver) Logitech G102 Prodigy (Matte White) Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL Extended 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Soundblaster Omni 5.1 Sennheiser HD 598 kanto Yu2 Desktop Speakers (Gloss White) Kanto Sub 6 (Gloss White) 
  hide details  
Reply
Tiny Dancer
(20 items)
 
For Sale: EVGA GTX 1070 FE
$420 (USD)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Asrock X99e-itx EVGA GTX 1070 FE Corsair Vengence LPX 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Western Digital Black SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 500GB NVMe Corsair H75  NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM  
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
NF-F12 industrialPPC-2000 PWM  Windows 10 BenQ 32" IPS 4K (BL3201PH) Vortex Poker 3 (White with White LED) 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair SF600w Ncase M1 V5 (Silver) Logitech G102 Prodigy (Matte White) Glorious PC Gaming Race XXL Extended 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Soundblaster Omni 5.1 Sennheiser HD 598 kanto Yu2 Desktop Speakers (Gloss White) Kanto Sub 6 (Gloss White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1580 of 6398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ears1991;12741848 
haha thats pretty mental

heres a few new snaps of mine:

Outside
img1256l.jpg
Inside
img1250j.jpg
Back (Might help with your cables)
img1252g.jpg

Like i said im going to try and clean it up as much as possible but the video card power connectors and the power for my cathodes are pretty hard to hide with this psu it will look much better when i sleeve my future psu
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
Devil's Lair
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4790K Asus Maximus VII Hero MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
240GB M.2 Kingston HyperX Predator 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SilverStone Tundra TD03-E Windows 10 Home 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2913WM Corsair K65 EVGA SuperNOVA 850w G2  SilverStone Raven RV05 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Steelseries Rival  Steelseries Qck+ Corsair SP2500 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Silverstone Case Owners Club