Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Silverstone Case Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Silverstone Case Owners Club - Page 184

post #1831 of 6397
More horsepower, more noise.
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia Titan Xp 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia Titan Xp 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1832 of 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldExclusive View Post
More horsepower, more noise.
so I guess that means that my butt has the most horsepower, cause I can hear it when it is in use, over everything!!! lol
post #1833 of 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040 View Post
so I guess that means that my butt has the most horsepower, cause I can hear it when it is in use, over everything!!! lol
Which is true, case fans pushes out air much slower with less noise. Just saying that PCs generally become noiser as they use more energy then using air to cool it, more air more noise. People then use damping material or watercooling to reduce noise output. Silent computing generally have low end parts installed and gaming PCs have noisy high end parts. I think the FT02 is a low noise case that can handle high end parts, but it's not a silent case due to high air output.
Edited by WorldExclusive - 5/7/11 at 11:18pm
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia Titan Xp 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Render Bender
(10 items)
 
On The Move
(11 items)
 
 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel X5690 Xeon (12 Cores @ 3.46) Nvidia Titan Xp 64GB 1333MHz ECC DDR3 Samsung 850 EVO 1TB x2 - RAID 0 
MonitorCaseAudio
Samsung UN40JU6700 40" 4K Curved Apple Mac Pro 2010 Klipsch 2.1 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo Nvidia GeForce 9400M 8GB 1067 MHz DDR3 Toshiba 500GB 
OSMonitorKeyboardCase
Mavericks 10.9 Dell U3011 Rosewill Mech Reds 2010 Unibody 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G700 Multi-Touch Kilpsch 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1834 of 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldExclusive View Post
Which is true, case fans pushes out air much slower with less noise. Just saying that PCs generally become noiser as they use more energy then using air to cool it, more air more noise. People then use damping material or watercooling to reduce noise output. Silent computing generally have low end parts installed and gaming PCs have noisy high end parts. I think the FT02 is a low noise case that can handle high end parts, but it's not a silent case due to high air output.
At stock it's true that the 180mm fans on low cannot be considered 'low noise' however at 400-500rpm undervolted the fans are 'silent' to my ears and this is coming form a p182 sound dampened case with passive psu,cpu and graphics card with 2 noctua 500rpm fans. Yes that was by all acounts dead silent but my new ft-02b with a few modifications is just barely audible idle. Load is a different story as the corsair kicks in a bit but even my MSI 460 with bios fan mod to 30% stays at 30% under all but the most synthetic extreme loads. And airflow is better than my p182 so i can't complain too much about the literally miniscule difference in noise, which at idle i can turn my fans right off with my controller if i was so concerned about.
As an spcr silent enthusiast i consider the ft-02b a good compromising high perf silent case with modification.
I will post pictures when my 580 w/ accelero comes in and how it sounds sonically.
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @4.4ghz - 1.28v P8P67 Deluxe Sparkle Calibre x580 910/2170 @1.075v 16gb Corsair Vengence 8-8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 3 240gb SSD LG Blu-ray Writer Windows 7 Home Premium NEC 3090wqxi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair AX850 Fortress FT-02B Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Archetype Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @4.4ghz - 1.28v P8P67 Deluxe Sparkle Calibre x580 910/2170 @1.075v 16gb Corsair Vengence 8-8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 3 240gb SSD LG Blu-ray Writer Windows 7 Home Premium NEC 3090wqxi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair AX850 Fortress FT-02B Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Archetype Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1835 of 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemlayers View Post
At stock it's true that the 180mm fans on low cannot be considered 'low noise' however at 400-500rpm undervolted the fans are 'silent' to my ears and this is coming form a p182 sound dampened case with passive psu,cpu and graphics card with 2 noctua 500rpm fans. Yes that was by all acounts dead silent but my new ft-02b with a few modifications is just barely audible idle. Load is a different story as the corsair kicks in a bit but even my MSI 460 with bios fan mod to 30% stays at 30% under all but the most synthetic extreme loads. And airflow is better than my p182 so i can't complain too much about the literally miniscule difference in noise, which at idle i can turn my fans right off with my controller if i was so concerned about.
As an spcr silent enthusiast i consider the ft-02b a good compromising high perf silent case with modification.
I will post pictures when my 580 w/ accelero comes in and how it sounds sonically.
Great to see some more SPCR folks in this thread. We have remarkably similar builds, can't wait to see some more pictures.
Green Fangoblin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB & Samsung F3 1TB LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner and GH24LS50 DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 HP Dell U3011 & X-Rite i1Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g & 87UD 55g Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT02B w/USB 3.0 Kit Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Fangoblin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB & Samsung F3 1TB LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner and GH24LS50 DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 HP Dell U3011 & X-Rite i1Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g & 87UD 55g Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT02B w/USB 3.0 Kit Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1836 of 6397
yeah, been a follower of SPCR for a while. Never signed up for an account, however. I have some 11 GTAP13/15 fans sitting around in my chase for silence

Went through a SG02 (bad idea), P180m (good idea, too big), SG05 (pathfinding, okayish, but very low power build), HAF932 (this was, like the p180m, a knee jerk reactionary measure against teeny case frustrations, lol; it was decent, however it had a lot of fan noise since it's such an.... "open" case," also too large), mITX SG06+450W (bad idea, noisey no matter how I tried, with midrange componenets), SG07 (okay, however is not really... silent, and the PSU options are dissapointing, not to mention, the PSU intake placement meant I could not place the case on my carpeted floor, where it would of been quieter than being on my desk), before finally landing on the FT03

I wanted a FT02, however, I do not have the sheer amount of room required for that With 3 GTAP13, it's rather silent at idle. Under load, it's still decently silent. I had the 6.23 GPU Folding at Home client loading up my GTX580 for a day or so before I finally figured out where the extra heat was comming from.... I wasn't used to the GTX580 being so silent, but it was, with a GTAP13 feeding it air in the FT03's vertical orientation I am very happy with this build. It's the first case I have ever felt truely content with I think it's a keeper

Only flaw is the lack of decent mATX boards at times, however, ASUS has been keeping me satisfied with the Rampage II GENE and the P8P67-M Pro (awaiting ASUS Maximus IV GENE - don't ask how I went from a p8p67-m pro to this mitx board, lol)...

Anyhow, I'll try to get pics posted tonight. I still do have my SG06/FT03 comparison pics somewhere.... interesting note: the FT03 has the same footprint as the SG05/SG06 mITX cases It's merely 2.8x taller
Longshot r4.2
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Maximus IV GENE-Z eVGA GTX780 Ti 3GB Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M4 256GB + C300 128GB + WD Red 4TB LG Blu-ray RW external Windows 10 U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 AX850 FT03b Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Bubbles Pad NR1604 + RB-51 II 
  hide details  
Reply
Longshot r4.2
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Maximus IV GENE-Z eVGA GTX780 Ti 3GB Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M4 256GB + C300 128GB + WD Red 4TB LG Blu-ray RW external Windows 10 U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 AX850 FT03b Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Bubbles Pad NR1604 + RB-51 II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1837 of 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisakuku View Post
Great to see some more SPCR folks in this thread. We have remarkably similar builds, can't wait to see some more pictures.
Your build is very nice indeed. I don't have the time/patience for suspending a hard drive though. I have a 1tb WD black in my lower bay and it's really only for occasional storage (and will probably get rid of altogether when I build my new server). Seek noise is very occasional and has actually never bothered me a lot. I'm hoping the accelero extreme is a good cooler though the shalman is tempting as well but i'd rather buy a card w/ it installed to save pain/warranty/etc even as expensive as the Sparkle version is.

Had an asus xonar essence as well just like you but transferred it to my portable music rig.
Other than that we're like twins, if this were an e-peen contest my monitor> yours though
Edited by systemlayers - 5/9/11 at 11:36am
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @4.4ghz - 1.28v P8P67 Deluxe Sparkle Calibre x580 910/2170 @1.075v 16gb Corsair Vengence 8-8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 3 240gb SSD LG Blu-ray Writer Windows 7 Home Premium NEC 3090wqxi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair AX850 Fortress FT-02B Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Archetype Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @4.4ghz - 1.28v P8P67 Deluxe Sparkle Calibre x580 910/2170 @1.075v 16gb Corsair Vengence 8-8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 3 240gb SSD LG Blu-ray Writer Windows 7 Home Premium NEC 3090wqxi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair AX850 Fortress FT-02B Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Archetype Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1838 of 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by systemlayers View Post
Your build is very nice indeed. I don't have the time/patience for suspending a hard drive though. I have a 1tb WD black in my lower bay and it's really only for occasional storage (and will probably get rid of altogether when I build my new server). Seek noise is very occasional and has actually never bothered me a lot. I'm hoping the accelero extreme is a good cooler though the shalman is tempting as well but i'd rather buy a card w/ it installed to save pain/warranty/etc even as expensive as the Sparkle version is.

Had an asus xonar essence as well just like you but transferred it to my portable music rig.
Other than that we're like twins, if this were an e-peen contest my monitor> yours though

Suspending the HDD took me about 10 mins using the NoiseMagic NoVibes III kit, minimal effort. The good thing about EVGA cards is that the warranty is not voided by installing an aftermarket cooler. Did you buy the Sparkle? The Galaxy GTX 580 also has the AXP cooler and is quite a bit cheaper. Newegg has it in stock. I almost bought an NEC PA301W-BK-SV, but got a good deal on a U3011, calibrated it and can't be happier. You win though
Green Fangoblin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB & Samsung F3 1TB LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner and GH24LS50 DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 HP Dell U3011 & X-Rite i1Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g & 87UD 55g Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT02B w/USB 3.0 Kit Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
Green Fangoblin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GeForce GTX 580 G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 MAX IOPS 240GB & Samsung F3 1TB LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner and GH24LS50 DVD Burner Windows 7 x64 HP Dell U3011 & X-Rite i1Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Topre Realforce 103UB 55g & 87UD 55g Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT02B w/USB 3.0 Kit Cyborg R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Razer Vespula 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1839 of 6397
jeez you two guys have almost the same build lol
post #1840 of 6397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisakuku View Post
Suspending the HDD took me about 10 mins using the NoiseMagic NoVibes III kit, minimal effort. The good thing about EVGA cards is that the warranty is not voided by installing an aftermarket cooler. Did you buy the Sparkle? The Galaxy GTX 580 also has the AXP cooler and is quite a bit cheaper. Newegg has it in stock. I almost bought an NEC PA301W-BK-SV, but got a good deal on a U3011, calibrated it and can't be happier. You win though
I'll look into that kit but as i say my 20tb server is now slowly coming together = no more need for local storage. I'll be throwing my "old" 80gb intel G1 SSD for photoshop scratch disk and such soon as well. I bought the sparkle for the factory overclock and better warranty/company and I actually like the purple fan look too however i wonder if i could change that to blue to match my asus if that would look awesome too. However it is no matter really as i have no silly windowed case. We should do some temperature comparisons when i get my 580 perhaps see how the heatsinks compare. Do you just keep your fans on low or are they volt modded too?

A PA27" is in my budget as well coming up since photography is my hobby I'd love to have a 27 in portrait mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradford1040 View Post
jeez you two guys have almost the same build lol
Yep... great minds think alike I'd say .
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @4.4ghz - 1.28v P8P67 Deluxe Sparkle Calibre x580 910/2170 @1.075v 16gb Corsair Vengence 8-8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 3 240gb SSD LG Blu-ray Writer Windows 7 Home Premium NEC 3090wqxi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair AX850 Fortress FT-02B Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Archetype Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
Workstation
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @4.4ghz - 1.28v P8P67 Deluxe Sparkle Calibre x580 910/2170 @1.075v 16gb Corsair Vengence 8-8-8-8-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Vertex 3 240gb SSD LG Blu-ray Writer Windows 7 Home Premium NEC 3090wqxi 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair AX850 Fortress FT-02B Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Archetype Surface 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Official Silverstone Case Owners Club