A few of the reasons...
1. I wanted a smaller footprint on the desk than the FT02 (FT04 = 219mm x 482mm, FT02 = 212mm x 616mm)
2. The FT02 doesn't support longer XL-ATX motherboards
3. The FT02 doesn't work well with long dual GPU cards that exhaust heat out both ends or GPU's that exhaust heat into the case (I actually killed an AP181 with a 6990)
4. I wanted a larger CPU cutout so that I could swap coolers without taking the motherboard out of the case every time and more room behind the motherboard tray for cable management so that the side panel isn't bulging
5. I dislike the exterior window mod on the FT02
6. I like the sleek aluminum front door with hidden drive bays on the FT04
7. If the FT04 can cool nearly as well with one less 180mm fan that means less noise
8. My current FT02 doesn't have the USB 3.0 or sleeved cables that the latest revision comes with
Plus it's just time for something new, I've been waiting on the FT04 for forever to release and there aren't really any better options for aluminum chassis that appeal to me so I'm going to give the FT04 a shot .
Edited by burningrave101 - 7/10/13 at 10:00pm