* If the problem does not occur when the Xbox Hard Drive is disconnected, try clearing the Xbox 360 Hard Drive cache. To clear the Xbox 360 Hard Drive cache, follow these steps:
1. Re-attach the Xbox Hard Drive.
2. Locate the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
3. Select Memory, select Hard Drive, and then press Y to view the device options screen.
4. On the Xbox 360 Controller, press the X button, press the X button again, press the left bumper, press the right bumper, press the X button, and then press the X button again.
5. You will be prompted to confirm system maintenance. Select Yes by pressing A.
* If this problem occurs when the Xbox Hard Drive is attached, and clearing the hard drive cache did not resolve the issue, create a new gamer profile, and then test to see whether the issue still occurs. If the issue does not occur when you use a new gamer profile, the issue may be related to the original gamer profile or saved game information for one or more games that are associated with the original gamer profile. To verify this, delete the saved games for all games that show this problem for the original gamer profile.