Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Anyone Have HSF Suggestions For E6750
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone Have HSF Suggestions For E6750 - Page 2

post #11 of 32
You really don't need the TRUE for a dual core. Personally, I would just grab the Xigmatek in my sig rig with the bolt thru kit.
post #12 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wire View Post
You really don't need the TRUE for a dual core. Personally, I would just grab the Xigmatek in my sig rig with the bolt thru kit.
Where can i find this "bolt thru kit"?

edit: nvm I found it in the previous page.
Edited by Guamon - 12/13/08 at 8:19am
My First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.6GHz Gigabyte P35-DS3L BFG 9800GT w/ ThermoIntelligence (Passive) 2 X 1GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB WD Windows XP SP3 Acer H243H Corsair VX550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM-690 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.6GHz Gigabyte P35-DS3L BFG 9800GT w/ ThermoIntelligence (Passive) 2 X 1GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB WD Windows XP SP3 Acer H243H Corsair VX550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM-690 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by =Digger= View Post
that isn't the real TRUE

that one is missing two heatpipes to be the extreme version.

on topic: go with the OCZ and grab a bolt-through kit, you won't be disappointed.
Main Baby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 3.2Ghz Asus 750i P5N-D evga 9800gtx 512mb G.Skill 2x2gb PC-8500 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
320gb 16mb cache Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 932BW 19" Apevia Warlock - 750 watt 
Case
CoolerMaster 690 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Baby
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 3.2Ghz Asus 750i P5N-D evga 9800gtx 512mb G.Skill 2x2gb PC-8500 DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
320gb 16mb cache Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Samsung SyncMaster 932BW 19" Apevia Warlock - 750 watt 
Case
CoolerMaster 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke12291 View Post
that isn't the real TRUE

that one is missing two heatpipes to be the extreme version.

on topic: go with the OCZ and grab a bolt-through kit, you won't be disappointed.
the xigmatek bolt through kit works with the ocz vendetta 2 hsf also?
My First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.6GHz Gigabyte P35-DS3L BFG 9800GT w/ ThermoIntelligence (Passive) 2 X 1GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB WD Windows XP SP3 Acer H243H Corsair VX550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM-690 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.6GHz Gigabyte P35-DS3L BFG 9800GT w/ ThermoIntelligence (Passive) 2 X 1GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB WD Windows XP SP3 Acer H243H Corsair VX550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM-690 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamon View Post
the xigmatek bolt through kit works with the ocz vendetta 2 hsf also?
Yup, should do
post #16 of 32
In order of preference:
  1. Sunbeamtech Core Contact Freezer
  2. OCZ Vendetta 2
  3. Xigmatek S1283
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 5GHz Dynamic Asus P8P67-M Pro 7850  8Gb G.Skill @ 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 Win7 64bit 37" Vizio 1080p LCD TV Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
XFX 650W XXX Edition Silverstone FT03B Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @ 5GHz Dynamic Asus P8P67-M Pro 7850  8Gb G.Skill @ 2133MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 1TB 7200.12 Win7 64bit 37" Vizio 1080p LCD TV Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouse
XFX 650W XXX Edition Silverstone FT03B Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeejunky View Post
Yup, should do
I can't purchase it from the US newegg site. Can't find it on the Canadian newegg site
My First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.6GHz Gigabyte P35-DS3L BFG 9800GT w/ ThermoIntelligence (Passive) 2 X 1GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB WD Windows XP SP3 Acer H243H Corsair VX550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM-690 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.6GHz Gigabyte P35-DS3L BFG 9800GT w/ ThermoIntelligence (Passive) 2 X 1GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB WD Windows XP SP3 Acer H243H Corsair VX550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM-690 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 32
Most of the HSF that are being recommended will fit just fine in a CoolerMaster 690 (Just like the one I'm looking at on my desk ) You may have to remove the upper fan on the side panel for the taller ones.

The TRUE is a nice HSF, but will probably also need a fan to go with it adding $$, so keep that in mind. Also lapping (base smoothing) can increase performance but voids warranties and takes time and patience.

The Tuniq Tower is a great cost/performance deal but large in all dimensions.

The AC7 is very popular for good reason. It's not quite the performance beast of the other two, but will do very nicely for moderate overclocks and is priced right.

The Noctua that I use is not as well known, but posts very respectable performance numbers in tests (comparable to the tunic tower) and with the added benefit of a near silent operation and out of the box high quality surface.

Any of the ones mentioned in this thread are solid performers and will make you happy to have them.
Nacho Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9550 4.0GHz @1.3v GA-EP45-UD3P MSI 460 810/1800 2x2GB Gskill 800/894 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD 640 Blue RAID0 ASUS DVD+-RW WIN7 / XP 64 / Linux ACER 23" 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 Custom CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
Nacho Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q9550 4.0GHz @1.3v GA-EP45-UD3P MSI 460 810/1800 2x2GB Gskill 800/894 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x WD 640 Blue RAID0 ASUS DVD+-RW WIN7 / XP 64 / Linux ACER 23" 
PowerCase
Corsair HX750 Custom CM690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardobard View Post
Most of the HSF that are being recommended will fit just fine in a CoolerMaster 690 (Just like the one I'm looking at on my desk ) You may have to remove the upper fan on the side panel for the taller ones.

The TRUE is a nice HSF, but will probably also need a fan to go with it adding $$, so keep that in mind. Also lapping (base smoothing) can increase performance but voids warranties and takes time and patience.

The Tuniq Tower is a great cost/performance deal but large in all dimensions.

The AC7 is very popular for good reason. It's not quite the performance beast of the other two, but will do very nicely for moderate overclocks and is priced right.

The Noctua that I use is not as well known, but posts very respectable performance numbers in tests (comparable to the tunic tower) and with the added benefit of a near silent operation and out of the box high quality surface.

Any of the ones mentioned in this thread are solid performers and will make you happy to have them.
Thanks for the advice everyone, i think i'll be getting the OCZ Vendetta 2. My local CanadaComputers has a $10 mail in rebate which makes it cheaper than the Xigmatek on newegg and about the same price as the AC7.
My First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.6GHz Gigabyte P35-DS3L BFG 9800GT w/ ThermoIntelligence (Passive) 2 X 1GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB WD Windows XP SP3 Acer H243H Corsair VX550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM-690 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3.6GHz Gigabyte P35-DS3L BFG 9800GT w/ ThermoIntelligence (Passive) 2 X 1GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250GB WD Windows XP SP3 Acer H243H Corsair VX550W 
CaseMouse
Cooler Master CM-690 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 32
thread jack:

should i get noctua or TRUE? which will work best with a quad?
laptop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD C-50 Acer hd6250 2x1gb's 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250gb sata Windows 7 11in brick 
Case
Acer laptop 
  hide details  
Reply
laptop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD C-50 Acer hd6250 2x1gb's 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
250gb sata Windows 7 11in brick 
Case
Acer laptop 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Anyone Have HSF Suggestions For E6750