Alright, got some sanding done today. Busted out my DA and some 60 grit and said bye-bye to the paint I could reach with the sander. Then I went over it will some 220 to have a nice surface to paint. It's going to rain soon or I would have started with the paint stripper in the nooks and crevices I couldn't reach with the sander. I also need to strip my PCI thingy and my HDD rack. But those are a little awkward to hit with the DA so that'll come later.
And I never did show my first attempt at the acrylic. Here it is. Since I couldn't get the length I wanted I had to glue two pieces together. I did that at a 45Â° hoping it would be a little stronger and less noticeable. Well, it stuck out pretty bad to me. But I sanded everything flush and went ahead.
For some reason I don't have pics of after I tried to bend it. The problem is that the edges don't bend the same as the rest of the piece. The outer 1/2" or so of each side didn't bend the same as the inside. So next time I try it I will use a wider piece than I need and trim it down flush. This time I'm also thinking of using some steel pipe to bend it over instead of the case itself. I am hoping to get a better bend out of it.
That's it for now. Hopefully tomorrow I hear back from a couple vendors I emailed and I can move on with the acrylic.