Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [cleveland] New XBox Kid
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[cleveland] New XBox Kid - Page 13  

post #121 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-80 View Post
jesus. 17 and his parents were still telling him he couldn't play video games.

umm I think we need to look at more than just the straw that broke the camels back here
I can't possibly see what they could have done to make him try to kill them. It didn't mention anything about child abuse. All it said was that he didn't let his son play violent video games. He obviously had an xbox, so that wasn't banned, they must have just limited him to non violent games. The kid was insane. He may have tried to kill them because they put a lot of restrictions oh him, obviously not enough.
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
post #122 of 150
I wonder if his mom dropped any good loot.
Foggy Memories
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4ghz 1.2v EVGA P55 SLI EVGA 660 SC G.Skill 2x4GB Ripjaw 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crap-ton of bytes Venomous X Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 24" 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Truepower New 750w Rocketfish Fulltower modded Logitech G600 
  hide details  
Foggy Memories
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 @ 4ghz 1.2v EVGA P55 SLI EVGA 660 SC G.Skill 2x4GB Ripjaw 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
crap-ton of bytes Venomous X Win 7 Ultimate 64bit 24" 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec Truepower New 750w Rocketfish Fulltower modded Logitech G600 
  hide details  
post #123 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben View Post
That is the first thing I thought, when I found out the father was a minister.
Guess again. If the kid had actually been following the basic principles of any major religion (christianity, islam), he wouldn't have wacked out and shot his parents.

There's way too many people who just find reasons to hate other people.

Also, if you read the article, you'll realize that the dad forgave his kid even for shooting him and killing his wife. That's love right there.

A guy at my church had a similar incident happen to him. His son who was like 27 had them take him out for dinner for a celebration of him graduating, and when they came home, the sons friend was pretending to be a burglar and stealing stuff. He pulled a gun and shot the wife and other son who both died. The 27 year old planned the incident to get his dad's money. He's currently on death row, and his dad has forgiven him, although he's still in a lot of pain since soon his whole family will be gone. Religion doesn't mess people up. Even if you don't agree with people's beliefs, at least be peaceful. People get their highs from different places, some from religion. Does it really matter to you that much if someone else believes something?
Edited by mth91 - 12/16/08 at 5:04pm
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
post #124 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumsoil View Post
one video game does not cause this, years of mental abuse causes this, a teenager told natural things are evil, a book forced on him that he might not think has all the answers, and much more (witch i wont go into). with his father being a minister they were obviously EXTREMELY religious. so many things built up over time caused this. no possible way this was caused over one game.
So you're claiming because he was raised in a religious family, he shot his parents? I'm not seeing what dots you're connecting here.

All I can tell from your post is your views on religion are somewhat distorted to the point where it is now the root of all evil. There is no evidence in this article to support your claims other than the fact that his father HAPPENED to be a minister.

What would your idea be if his father wasn't a minister? Still religion? If not, then the basis of your entire argument makes no sense. You say he had a hard life because of religion, yet you know nothing about him other than he shot his parents.
post #125 of 150
I do not understand the title. Who was the "old xbox kid"?
post #126 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji View Post
I do not understand the title. Who was the "old xbox kid"?
Some younger kid that ran away from home when his parents took away his xbox. Was later found dead.
SFF Goodness
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASRock z87m OC formula MSI GTX 780 GAMING 8GB G Skill Ripjaw DDR3 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme II 480 GB Seagate 2TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM x3 Das Model S Professional Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w Silverstone SG10 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Xfi Titanium HD Audioengine 5+ Velodyne Impact 12 
  hide details  
SFF Goodness
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770k ASRock z87m OC formula MSI GTX 780 GAMING 8GB G Skill Ripjaw DDR3 2400MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme II 480 GB Seagate 2TB Noctua NH-D14 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2312HM x3 Das Model S Professional Silverstone Strider Gold Evolution 750w Silverstone SG10 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Xfi Titanium HD Audioengine 5+ Velodyne Impact 12 
  hide details  
post #127 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG O View Post
So you're claiming because he was raised in a religious family, he shot his parents? I'm not seeing what dots you're connecting here.

All I can tell from your post is your views on religion are somewhat distorted to the point where it is now the root of all evil. There is no evidence in this article to support your claims other than the fact that his father HAPPENED to be a minister.

What would your idea be if his father wasn't a minister? Still religion? If not, then the basis of your entire argument makes no sense. You say he had a hard life because of religion, yet you know nothing about him other than he shot his parents.
thats not what i am saying, all i am saying is people take religion too far sometimes, basing their entire life on it, and all morals on it. not saying religion is "the root of all evil" you put those words in my mouth.
this will be my last post about this subject i don't feel like having a argument that WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE.
the puter
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @4.8ghz Gigabyte X58a-OC EVGA GTX 970 FTW @ 1.5ghz 3x2gig Dominaotr GT (hyper) 1600MHZ 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
intel 510 120GB + 8.3TB of hard drives 7 ult 64bit 3008WFP, 2X 3007WFP, 2407WFP-HC Antec HCP-1200 watt 
CaseMouse
Coolermaster Cosmos S Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
the puter
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 980X @4.8ghz Gigabyte X58a-OC EVGA GTX 970 FTW @ 1.5ghz 3x2gig Dominaotr GT (hyper) 1600MHZ 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
intel 510 120GB + 8.3TB of hard drives 7 ult 64bit 3008WFP, 2X 3007WFP, 2407WFP-HC Antec HCP-1200 watt 
CaseMouse
Coolermaster Cosmos S Razer Mamba 
  hide details  
post #128 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumsoil View Post
thats not what i am saying, all i am saying is people take religion too far sometimes, basing their entire life on it, and all morals on it. not saying religion is "the root of all evil" you put those words in my mouth.
this will be my last post about this subject i don't feel like having a argument that WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE.
It's going nowhere because you haven't made a valid point yet. For all you know, the father didn't even project his beliefs on his son. Maybe the son was given the freedom to do/believe whatever he wanted. It's completely possible.

I just take concern with the subject when you so quickly blame it on religion, when they're not even connected. Believe what you will though, if that helps you understand the situation.
post #129 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljason8eg View Post
Some younger kid that ran away from home when his parents took away his xbox. Was later found dead.

Thanks, I remember him. I was googling "xbox kid" and this came up - a kid who went crazy after receiving an xbox as a gift.
post #130 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumsoil View Post
thats not what i am saying, all i am saying is people take religion too far sometimes, basing their entire life on it, and all morals on it. not saying religion is "the root of all evil" you put those words in my mouth.
this will be my last post about this subject i don't feel like having a argument that WILL NOT GO ANYWHERE.
I know what you're saying. Some people just believe differently, but hey, that's their choice. You can't make people change their own beliefs, you can only change your own.

My work here is done.
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Sapphire 5870 Cypress XT EF6 2GB 4GB (2x2GB) G.SKILL 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
32GB Corsair SSD + 2x 320 + 1x 250 Lightscribe drive Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns-G HG-216DPO 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard OCZ GameXStream 850W HAF 932 Logitech G5 Laser Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Allsop 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [cleveland] New XBox Kid