Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › has this ever happened to you?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

has this ever happened to you?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 
Ok, so im overclocking my cpu and it seems like this overclock is stable and all is well. I run prime for 1 hour to check for stability and it runs without any errors. Its late so i power down and then go to sleep.

The next day i power up and the system is so unstable that it doesnt even pass the boot up either bsod'ing during windows startup or locking up on the post tests. What kinda problem is this? Right now im running my e6750 at a modest overclock of 3.64ghz at 1.36 volts. I can't seem to make the jump to 3.7 because of this problem.
post #2 of 7
more vcore or maybe NB voltage... but probably vcore
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930k @ stock  Asus P9x79ws EVGA 670 + EVGA 560 Ti 16gb Gskill 2133 @ 1.6v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 256Gb + 3.75 Tb ya Win8 5 - 24'' Dell U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
nope... entirely overrated Seasonic 1250w p182 of course... 
Mouse Pad
no 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930k @ stock  Asus P9x79ws EVGA 670 + EVGA 560 Ti 16gb Gskill 2133 @ 1.6v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 256Gb + 3.75 Tb ya Win8 5 - 24'' Dell U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
nope... entirely overrated Seasonic 1250w p182 of course... 
Mouse Pad
no 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 7
1 Hour of Prime95 is not enough ;] I wouldn't think my OC was stable untill I passed at least 8 hours of prime, you should maybe give OCCT a try, it usualy fails alot faster than prime.
post #4 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeforceGTS View Post
1 Hour of Prime95 is not enough ;] I wouldn't think my OC was stable untill I passed at least 8 hours of prime, you should maybe give OCCT a try, it usualy fails alot faster than prime.
ooo thanks man ill give it a try
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeforceGTS View Post
1 Hour of Prime95 is not enough ;] I wouldn't think my OC was stable untill I passed at least 8 hours of prime, you should maybe give OCCT a try, it usualy fails alot faster than prime.
Orthos blend for two hours and prime 95 for two hours... if its stable your done. 8 hours is over doing it and wasting electricity in my opinion. My OC has been stable for almost a year. All I did was 1 hour 45 mins of prime.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930k @ stock  Asus P9x79ws EVGA 670 + EVGA 560 Ti 16gb Gskill 2133 @ 1.6v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 256Gb + 3.75 Tb ya Win8 5 - 24'' Dell U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
nope... entirely overrated Seasonic 1250w p182 of course... 
Mouse Pad
no 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930k @ stock  Asus P9x79ws EVGA 670 + EVGA 560 Ti 16gb Gskill 2133 @ 1.6v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 830 256Gb + 3.75 Tb ya Win8 5 - 24'' Dell U2412M 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
nope... entirely overrated Seasonic 1250w p182 of course... 
Mouse Pad
no 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleiro View Post
Orthos blend for two hours and prime 95 for two hours... if its stable your done. 8 hours is over doing it and wasting electricity in my opinion. My OC has been stable for almost a year. All I did was 1 hour 45 mins of prime.
When I was overclocking my Q6600 it would fail prime after 6 hours, whereas it would fail OCCT in under 2 hours. 1-2 hours in Prime is NOT proof of being stable. BTW do you put your rig under heavy load much?
post #7 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeforceGTS View Post
When I was overclocking my Q6600 it would fail prime after 6 hours, whereas it would fail OCCT in under 2 hours. 1-2 hours in Prime is NOT proof of being stable. BTW do you put your rig under heavy load much?
not really but id like to overclock it for the games i play.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › has this ever happened to you?