Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku]Free radical shuts down
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Kotaku]Free radical shuts down - Page 3

post #21 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes View Post
halo 2? there were games released even this year that were better than halo 2. And as far as i'm concerned all that was good about halo 2 was advanced in halo 3. But I think if there was ever a 'best' console fps it would be COD4. its popularity speaks for itself..

but lets not get off topic. Was there ever rumours of a timesplitters next-gen title? if so this is even more sad
Rumors? There was direct developer confirmation.

Source:
http://www.frd.co.uk/timesplitters4/index.php

Trailer:
http://www.frd.co.uk/timesplitters4/videos.php

The concept art is also amazing:
http://www.frd.co.uk/timesplitters4/pictures.php

(yes, I know I essentially linked the same site three times, just different sections of the site, but hey, it is FR's own site)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @3.2ghz UD3P (F7 bios) Sapphire 4870 (512mb) 4gb Mushkin 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640gb LG dvd writer? Whatever. Vista x64 business Acer x203 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 (v2) 750TX Antec 900 intellimouse explorer 4 (whatever, works well). 
Mouse Pad
Really? Um some zboard pad I got free 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @3.2ghz UD3P (F7 bios) Sapphire 4870 (512mb) 4gb Mushkin 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640gb LG dvd writer? Whatever. Vista x64 business Acer x203 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 (v2) 750TX Antec 900 intellimouse explorer 4 (whatever, works well). 
Mouse Pad
Really? Um some zboard pad I got free 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathsnapper View Post
Maybe, but TS:FP>Halo (1, 2, and 3) any day. TS:FP and TS2 were absolutely brilliant.
1. Thanks for your opinion I guess.

2. Halo paved the way for every FPS on consoles released after it - It single handedly closed the gap between what made PC FPS' so much superior to what you could find on Consoles - Combat Evolved did that and every FPS after it has its DNA in it. Halo CE was before its time; Halo 2 was great and Halo 3 makes every game look pathetic in terms of design and integration. Dare I quote the publications that feel that Halo 3's design smashes anything before it?

3. You can find Halo 3's DNA in games that have nothing to do with shooting.

4. Every FPS that comes out on Playstation 3 gets dubbed as what? "The Halo killer" HAHAHA! What title does Timesplitters have? Do people even make a point to mention it along side greats like Half-Life 2, Halo; Do people mention the protagonist from Timesplitters along side greats like Gordon Freeman and Master Chief? No, they don't.

Enough of my observation on Halo, lets look at more factual evidence shall we?

Metacritic:


Timesplitters avg score on MC: 81%
Timesplitters 2 avg score on MC: 90%(PS2 version)
Timesplitters Future Perfect avg score on MC: 84%(PS2 version)

---

Halo CE avg score on MC: 97%(Xbox)
Halo 2 avg score on MC: 95%(Xbox)
Halo 3 avg score on MC: 94%

Hmm... All above 90%, therefore Halo series > Timesplitters series. The outcome would be the same if we used Gamerankings so no point in listing those unless you want to get buried insurmountably.

5. I'm a Halo fanboy

Is there anything you would like to add thats not subjective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideTheCinema View Post
I'm not trying to defend HAZE seeing as I'd rather punch myself in the throat then play that game again, but can I ask what "key aspects" they've stolen from Halo? If you ask me anything found in Halo can be found (and done better in most situations) in any shooter these days so I hardly think that's something to demerit them for. Not trying to argue, I'm just curious

I hope this is all a rumor I want to play ts4.
1. The very last stage in HAZE is JUST LIKE HALO'S... Its so obvious and sad that I could faint. - How can they bash Halo all throughout the development of HAZE yet copy the very game they're bashing, climax?

2. Anything found in Halo is done better in other games eh? Funny you didn't mention any of those things since, apparently they are abundant.
Edited by BizzareRide - 12/18/08 at 4:32pm
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post
1. Thanks for your opinion I guess.

2. Halo paved the way for every FPS on consoles released after it - It single handedly closed the gap between what made PC FPS' so much superior to what you could find on Consoles - Combat Evolved did that and every FPS after it has its DNA in it. Halo CE was before its time; Halo 2 was great and Halo 3 makes every game look pathetic in terms of design and integration. Dare I quote the publications that feel that Halo 3's design smashes anything before it?

3. You can find Halo 3's DNA in games that have nothing to do with shooting.

4. Every FPS that comes out on Playstation 3 gets dubbed as what? "The Halo killer" HAHAHA! What title does Timesplitters have? Do people even make a point to mention it along side greats like Half-Life 2, Halo; Do people mention the protagonist from Timesplitters along side greats like Gordon Freeman and Master Chief? No, they don't.

Enough of my observation on Halo, lets look at more factual evidence shall we?

Metacritic:


Timesplitters avg score on MC: 81%
Timesplitters 2 avg score on MC: 90%(PS2 version)
Timesplitters Future Perfect avg score on MC: 84%(PS2 version)

---

Halo CE avg score on MC: 97%(Xbox)
Halo 2 avg score on MC: 95%(Xbox)
Halo 3 avg score on MC: 94%

Hmm... All above 90%, therefore Halo series > Timesplitters series. The outcome would be the same if we used Gamerankings so no point in listing those unless you want to get buried insurmountably.

5. I'm a Halo fanboy

Is there anything you would like to add thats not subjective?
1. No problem, thanks for yours as well.

2. Halo release date: Nov. 15th 2001. TS1 release date: Oct. 23rd 2000.
The biggest downfall of TS1 was the story mode. It sucked. Plain and simple. However the multiplayer and bot matches were amazing and did a similar job bridging the game between PC FPS and that of consoles. The difference? Hype, mostly (though I'll go over this later, keep on).

3. This may be true, but a lot of that DNA is shared by games prior to Halo. You know, like PC FPS, or Goldeneye/Perfect Dark. Some of the other similarities are abstract at best. Though you're right about the small amount of other similarities that slip through these little gaps, Halo did affect several games after it. I would also be willing to attribute this highly to hype as well, hype drives review scores (see: GTAIV, absolutely not worth 97% average. Absolutely not the second best game ever made), review scores drive sales, sales drive how games are developed (it sells well -> devs see there's a market -> devs try to appeal to this market, it only makes sense to do this if you want to make money).

4. First off it doesn't need to be a Halo killer, it doesn't need to be a HL2 killer; it was out before these. Maybe it had to be a Goldeneye killer. Maybe it wasn't this, but I don't see Halo as one either. Again; hype, hype hype. It doesn't matter how good a character is, if you have millions of people buying the game the character will become popular.

By the way, Master Chief is probably the most overrated character in the history of gaming, narrowly topping Cloud Strife (the only reason for this is that at least Cloud had a strong backstory, that said he's still way overrated). Whether you like the game of not the fact is that as a character he completely lacks depth, personality, etc. And no, that's not the point, that's an excuse.

As mentioned before, if you really only care about metacritic and gamerankings scores then I guess you agree that GTAIV is the second best game ever made (yes, better than all your halo games) sitting at a score of 97.4% gamerankings and 98% metacritic? Otherwise you might be seen as a bit of a hypocrite. These scores are just as subjective as any other, even if they are an average.

Also gamerankings (which I believe to be superior to metacritic, but only after a while after the game has been released, as it's slower in updates but generally only uses more recognized sources) tells a slightly different tale. Still a win for Halo, but:

Timesplitters avg score on GR: 83.7%
Timesplitters 2 avg score on GR: 91.5%(PS2 version)
Timesplitters Future Perfect avg score on GR: 85.6%(PS2 version)

---

Halo CE avg score on GR: 95.4%(Xbox)
Halo 2 avg score on GR: 94.5%(Xbox)
Halo 3 avg score on GR: 93.4%

While Halo is still in the lead it's barely ahead of TS2, a far less hyped game. I don't know how you feel about these games, but if you want to use this as a definitive reason for Halo to be better than TS:2 then you have to also accept that the following games are better than Halo:
~ Tekken 3
~ Super Mario Galaxy
~ The Orange Box
~ GTAIV
~ Metroid Prime
~ Resident Evil 4
~ Legend of Zelda OoT
~ Sould Calibur
and ~ Half Life 2
If you agree with all that, and you agree that Halo 3 doesn't deserve a place in the top 50, then go ahead. I will accept your argument as completely valid. Otherwise I don't think this argument holds any ground.

5. I'm a Timesplitters fanboy. Completely willing to accept this, back in 2000 TS changed console gaming for me massively, probably the same way Halo did for you.

Anyways, that's enough for that. I don't think arguing this will get anywhere, we will just continue to disagree. I accept that you love Halo, that's fine. Other people love other games. Some people don't love any games.

m-m-m-MONSTER POST. Honestly, that was far too much post for such a topic.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @3.2ghz UD3P (F7 bios) Sapphire 4870 (512mb) 4gb Mushkin 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640gb LG dvd writer? Whatever. Vista x64 business Acer x203 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 (v2) 750TX Antec 900 intellimouse explorer 4 (whatever, works well). 
Mouse Pad
Really? Um some zboard pad I got free 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @3.2ghz UD3P (F7 bios) Sapphire 4870 (512mb) 4gb Mushkin 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640gb LG dvd writer? Whatever. Vista x64 business Acer x203 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 (v2) 750TX Antec 900 intellimouse explorer 4 (whatever, works well). 
Mouse Pad
Really? Um some zboard pad I got free 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post
Enough of my observation on Halo, lets look at more factual evidence shall we?
thats not factual evidence........ thats a collection of reviews (aka opinions) :-/
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 32
Thread Starter 
Ok I just can't let them close because we would never see this:

Cat racing underground. What else is there to say?
My home comp
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph II X4 955 BE (C3) Asus M2N-SLI DELUXE EVGA 8800GTS 320MB 4GB G.Skill's DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.10 320GB LG DVDRW Windows 7 x64 Dell ST2410 & Samsung 2032BW 
PowerCaseMouse
Hiper 530W Antec NSK6000 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
My home comp
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph II X4 955 BE (C3) Asus M2N-SLI DELUXE EVGA 8800GTS 320MB 4GB G.Skill's DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.10 320GB LG DVDRW Windows 7 x64 Dell ST2410 & Samsung 2032BW 
PowerCaseMouse
Hiper 530W Antec NSK6000 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 32
awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

why doesn't EA ever fall
Phenom II X4 955
(11 items)
 
Phenom II X4 20
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.72Ghz MSI NF980 G65 HD 6970 2 x 4GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX SATA III 128GB SSD Stock Win 7 Ultimate 2 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G15 Corsair HX650 Thermaltake Soprano Snow 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 20 @ 3.22Ghz (unlocked X3 720) Asrock 870 Extreme 3 GTX 460 with Gelid Icy Vision Cooler 2 x 4GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX SATA III 128GB SSD Stock Win 7 Ultimate 27" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCase
Sidewinder X4 Antec Eco 620 Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
Phenom II X4 955
(11 items)
 
Phenom II X4 20
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.72Ghz MSI NF980 G65 HD 6970 2 x 4GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX SATA III 128GB SSD Stock Win 7 Ultimate 2 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G15 Corsair HX650 Thermaltake Soprano Snow 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 20 @ 3.22Ghz (unlocked X3 720) Asrock 870 Extreme 3 GTX 460 with Gelid Icy Vision Cooler 2 x 4GB Ripjaws DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX SATA III 128GB SSD Stock Win 7 Ultimate 27" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCase
Sidewinder X4 Antec Eco 620 Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide View Post
After that travesty known as HAZE, what do people expect. It has a accumulative average of 55/100 on Metacritic and Gamerankings.

The funny thing is that they bashed Halo 3 to hell, calling it generic when they blatantly copied key aspects of Halo for their own game HAHAHAHAHA! Haze sold less than 150k copies; Halo 3 has sold 9mln to date; Halo 3 has an average score of 94/100 on Metacritic.com/Gamerankings.com. Bungie is richer than ever; Free Radical is no more - Bungie/Halo are laughing on its grave and so am I.


I hope they go back to Rare :-)
Yet Halo 3 sucks balls, even compared to Haze, IMO.
Shows you what the worlds like, where a crappy, boring and average FPS can be "OMG ITS SOOO GOOD THAT I WET MY PANTS" instead of "Why are they BOTHERING to hype it?"
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 1866Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.4Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 1866Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieanotherday View Post
awwwwwwwwwwwwww,

why doesn't EA ever fall
Because it's still making ridiculously large amounts of money?
My home comp
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph II X4 955 BE (C3) Asus M2N-SLI DELUXE EVGA 8800GTS 320MB 4GB G.Skill's DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.10 320GB LG DVDRW Windows 7 x64 Dell ST2410 & Samsung 2032BW 
PowerCaseMouse
Hiper 530W Antec NSK6000 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
My home comp
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ph II X4 955 BE (C3) Asus M2N-SLI DELUXE EVGA 8800GTS 320MB 4GB G.Skill's DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.10 320GB LG DVDRW Windows 7 x64 Dell ST2410 & Samsung 2032BW 
PowerCaseMouse
Hiper 530W Antec NSK6000 Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathsnapper View Post
1. No problem, thanks for yours as well.

2. Halo release date: Nov. 15th 2001. TS1 release date: Oct. 23rd 2000.
The biggest downfall of TS1 was the story mode. It sucked. Plain and simple. However the multiplayer and bot matches were amazing and did a similar job bridging the game between PC FPS and that of consoles. The difference? Hype, mostly (though I'll go over this later, keep on).

3. This may be true, but a lot of that DNA is shared by games prior to Halo. You know, like PC FPS, or Goldeneye/Perfect Dark. Some of the other similarities are abstract at best. Though you're right about the small amount of other similarities that slip through these little gaps, Halo did affect several games after it. I would also be willing to attribute this highly to hype as well, hype drives review scores (see: GTAIV, absolutely not worth 97% average. Absolutely not the second best game ever made), review scores drive sales, sales drive how games are developed (it sells well -> devs see there's a market -> devs try to appeal to this market, it only makes sense to do this if you want to make money).

4. First off it doesn't need to be a Halo killer, it doesn't need to be a HL2 killer; it was out before these. Maybe it had to be a Goldeneye killer. Maybe it wasn't this, but I don't see Halo as one either. Again; hype, hype hype. It doesn't matter how good a character is, if you have millions of people buying the game the character will become popular.

By the way, Master Chief is probably the most overrated character in the history of gaming, narrowly topping Cloud Strife (the only reason for this is that at least Cloud had a strong backstory, that said he's still way overrated). Whether you like the game of not the fact is that as a character he completely lacks depth, personality, etc. And no, that's not the point, that's an excuse.

As mentioned before, if you really only care about metacritic and gamerankings scores then I guess you agree that GTAIV is the second best game ever made (yes, better than all your halo games) sitting at a score of 97.4% gamerankings and 98% metacritic? Otherwise you might be seen as a bit of a hypocrite. These scores are just as subjective as any other, even if they are an average.

Also gamerankings (which I believe to be superior to metacritic, but only after a while after the game has been released, as it's slower in updates but generally only uses more recognized sources) tells a slightly different tale. Still a win for Halo, but:

Timesplitters avg score on GR: 83.7%
Timesplitters 2 avg score on GR: 91.5%(PS2 version)
Timesplitters Future Perfect avg score on GR: 85.6%(PS2 version)

---

Halo CE avg score on GR: 95.4%(Xbox)
Halo 2 avg score on GR: 94.5%(Xbox)
Halo 3 avg score on GR: 93.4%

While Halo is still in the lead it's barely ahead of TS2, a far less hyped game. I don't know how you feel about these games, but if you want to use this as a definitive reason for Halo to be better than TS:2 then you have to also accept that the following games are better than Halo:
~ Tekken 3
~ Super Mario Galaxy
~ The Orange Box
~ GTAIV
~ Metroid Prime
~ Resident Evil 4
~ Legend of Zelda OoT
~ Sould Calibur
and ~ Half Life 2
If you agree with all that, and you agree that Halo 3 doesn't deserve a place in the top 50, then go ahead. I will accept your argument as completely valid. Otherwise I don't think this argument holds any ground.

5. I'm a Timesplitters fanboy. Completely willing to accept this, back in 2000 TS changed console gaming for me massively, probably the same way Halo did for you.

Anyways, that's enough for that. I don't think arguing this will get anywhere, we will just continue to disagree. I accept that you love Halo, that's fine. Other people love other games. Some people don't love any games.

m-m-m-MONSTER POST. Honestly, that was far too much post for such a topic.
3. Yes, I didn't say Halo didn't take from other games, however..Halo made its own statement and it took the genre forward from what GoldenEye/Perfect Dark did. It changed the game that was created by other FPS.

4. Halo Combat Evolved had no hype...How can a game that no one ever experienced, on a NEW platform launched by a company with no hardware experience sell well on HYPE? Hype means before the fact not after... SO you know what that tells me? That Halo isn't just hype, it is all its cracked up to be...There are far more lovers than haters. Sales, wanna-bes, acclaim, Large universe and the massive community just reaffirms this.

Middle stuff(Haha): Correct me if I'm wrong but...neither of those games are shooters...Aside from TOB and HL2, so you can't directly compare the two. It'd be like comparing a fighter jet to a submarine, it makes no sense whatsoever.

The Orange Box is 5 games, Halo 3 is ONE game. Lets package Halo 1, 2, 3, Halo Wars and Halo 3 Recon together in that case and it'd get a perfect 10.

Half-Life 2 is great, don't mind it being better than Halo 3...which I still found HL2 to be boring by comparison. Though in its defense, I didn't play it until 2007 :-)

5. I personally liked Perfect Dark more than I did Halo at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
thats not factual evidence........ thats a collection of reviews (aka opinions) :-/

No no, its fact. Every Halo game outscored the Timesplitters series at the majority of publications - I know reviews are opinions, I didn't say otherwise. Its just that when you have a few saying "X games sucks" without going into detail why, I whip out the review scores, sales figures etc....because why should I have to go into detail as to why Halo doesn't suck when the pundit that negatively critiqued it didn't give reasons for their accusations? Instead they say it sucks repeatedly like Brutuz is doing down below.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutuz View Post
Yet Halo 3 sucks balls, even compared to Haze, IMO.
Shows you what the worlds like, where a crappy, boring and average FPS can be "OMG ITS SOOO GOOD THAT I WET MY PANTS" instead of "Why are they BOTHERING to hype it?"
Yep, a science fiction video game is the culprit of all things wrong in the world. I wholeheartedly agree!

Note: @ You calling a game sucky yet your sporting an Oblivion icon AHHHHH HAHA!
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
Po' Pimpin'
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i5 2500k @ stock Biostar TZ68K+ [A3] 4GB  Sandforce 1222 64GB SSD 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG 22x DVD-+RW  Stock Windows 7 x64 Acer S211HL 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse
600w Diablotek Linkworld Electronic Inland 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizzareRide;5131097


[B
Middle stuff(Haha)[/B]: Correct me if I'm wrong but...neither of those games are shooters...Aside from TOB and HL2, so you can't directly compare the two. It'd be like comparing a fighter jet to a submarine, it makes no sense whatsoever.
Bull****, it's comparing a video game to a video game. The genre doesn't need to be the same. For the same reason people can have top 10 movie lists, top 10 music/artist lists, etc. It's comparison within a single media format. It is absolutely not like comparing a jet with a submarine. Maybe a Ferrari to a Lamborghini at most.

The point is you can compare them, even Halo to Super Mario, in the same way that movie critics can argue between The Godfather, Schindler's List, Citizen Kane, etc. when debating the best movie ever made (while they're all clearly different genres; just like the games!)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @3.2ghz UD3P (F7 bios) Sapphire 4870 (512mb) 4gb Mushkin 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640gb LG dvd writer? Whatever. Vista x64 business Acer x203 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 (v2) 750TX Antec 900 intellimouse explorer 4 (whatever, works well). 
Mouse Pad
Really? Um some zboard pad I got free 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @3.2ghz UD3P (F7 bios) Sapphire 4870 (512mb) 4gb Mushkin 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640gb LG dvd writer? Whatever. Vista x64 business Acer x203 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 (v2) 750TX Antec 900 intellimouse explorer 4 (whatever, works well). 
Mouse Pad
Really? Um some zboard pad I got free 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Kotaku]Free radical shuts down