Overclock.net banner

Replacement

352 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  thlnk3r 
#1 ·
Since im sure ASUS has many ways of testing diff components and figuring out why they failed (in my case prolly too much voltage) should i bother trying to RMA, and if i do, do you think they will replace it?

If i should just buy a new board (yay for burning a $200 board in two months) should i stick with the M3A79-T deluxe, or does anyone have another good AM2+ board thats a really good OCer for the Phenoms thats a crossfire board (dual 16x PCI-E)

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by emersonsc View Post
should i bother trying to RMA, and if i do, do you think they will replace it? (dual 16x PCI-E)
I think you should try RMAing it, even if you were to get a new motherboard. (Just incase they will replace it and you'd have a spare motherboard laying around.

#4 ·
If it's overvolting, act like a complete noob on the phone with them and say that there was a storm. Your power went out and you tried to turn your computer on and it didn't work.

Then, just fabricate something. I'm pretty sure they'll rma you a replacement even without the story since it's a 1 year warranty anyways.

So...in short, try to save money first. If it fails, get a new board.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by emersonsc
View Post

Since im sure ASUS has many ways of testing diff components and figuring out why they failed (in my case prolly too much voltage) should i bother trying to RMA, and if i do, do you think they will replace it?

If i should just buy a new board (yay for burning a $200 board in two months) should i stick with the M3A79-T deluxe, or does anyone have another good AM2+ board thats a really good OCer for the Phenoms thats a crossfire board (dual 16x PCI-E)

Emersonsc, just in case you have troubles finding it here is the direct link to the Asus RMA submit form: http://vip.asus.com/eservice/usa_rmaserv.aspx.

How much voltage did you actually push through that processor?

Good luck

EDIT: Just read your thread

Quote:

View Post

Went out and bought a athlon 64 x2 6000+ and slapped it in...

NOTHING. I got a diff vid card thinking the vid card died. Nothing. I took out the ram. Nothing... Dead mobo?

Did the motherboard give you any beep codes with no memory installed?

#8 ·
Quote:

View Post

no beeps. Nothing. It turns the fans and drives on and thats it. No vid, nooothing.

Emersonsc, did you disconnect everything and try only running the essentials (processor, one stick of memory and the psu)? Did you also try placing the board on a non-static surface and try bring it up that way? Perhaps a short is preventing the board from POST'ing correctly. Just a thought.

Good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.