Small update today. I had a busy week last week and I have work all day tomorrow too. Somehow, I just didn't feel too motivated to bust my buns on the case today.
First, I drilled out the holes in my rads with a 3.3 mm bit and tapped them for M4 threads:
I like the continuity with the bolts used elsewhere in the build for mounting them this way, instead of with smaller head 6-32's:
I also cut the bottom hole for the rad. I managed to bugger up the 4.5 inch holes a tiny bit, so I'm glad this one will remain out of sight:
The rad mounted up nicely with plenty of clearance:
right at home:
These shots are just of my test fit. I'll probably end up going with a pull set up for its fans, exhausting out the bottom of the case. I imagine I'll also need to do something with the case feet too for a little more breathing room, but for now I'm still mulling that one over.
In other news, this week I got my MCP655, MCW60, and fans in the mail. S-Flex G's for the rads, and Xigmatech 120mm orange with white LED's for the center fans and rear exhaust. I'll use my 1900rpm Slipstreams for the primary front intake, as well as the top pump tray fan.
I also got in an 80mm and a 140mm Xigmatech fan to match the 120's. I plan to mod the 140mm into my PSU, and mod the stock EVGA clip-on 60mm fan for the north bridge with a 60mm to 80mm adapter and some fiberglass to accept the larger 80mm Xiggy fan. Think: lots of cool orange glowy inside, but with subdued white ambient light.
Also, today I ordered the rest of the bits needed for the MCW60 to support my GTX260, a GTZ for the CPU, an EK top for the pump, 15 feet (should have plenty of extra) of orange Danger Den 3/8" ID, 5/8" OD orange tubing (its UV, but I don't plan on using any UV light), two
BP 5.25 delrin bay res's that I will link to feed the pump up top in a custom mount on the tray, a couple small sheets of transparent orange 1/4" thick acrylic, thermal paste, kill coils, etc. etc. etc. Finally, I cemented how I was going to lay out the finished loop, and decided I would use threaded BP pass-throughs wherever a line needs to go through my internal panels. 24 DD compressions; and a whole host of BP rotary 45's and 90's later...
... I sincerely
hope I have everything I could possibly need to finish this bastard off. I don't think this build ever really had a budget, but I definitely just capped it out.
I'm toying with taking my soldering iron to work tomorrow to dork around with fan leads, but more than likely no meaningful updates til next weekend folks.
'til then... Edited by Warfarin88 - 2/28/09 at 4:16pm