I have since determined that this reservoir coupling was an epic fail. I'm not sure if would ever be possible to properly bleed this configuration, but it proved a significant enough pain in my initial attempts that I decided to scrap the whole idea. You might be able to pull some acrylic tips out of this post, the reservoir is indeed water tight; but please, don't take anything else in this post regarding the coupling of the bay res's as sound advice.
After having a rather unpleasant shopping experience with Delvies plastics (stay away from them if you can), I somehow actually got a shipment delivered to the correct address. A one foot square of .25" thick flourescent orange plexi. I hadn't planned on using it for a while, but as it turned out, my Bitspower 5.25 bay res's original clear acrylic bezels were just a tad bit too thick, and ended up causing clearance issues.
Here's my solution.
First, I used a "tile and glass" drill bit to cut out 12 3/16" holes:
Test fit, a couple are a little snug, but we're a go:
Then, I used my trusty step bit to enlarge the holes to 1/4", and simultaneously cut a 5/16" countersink:
After that, I cut the plexi down to the correct size, gave the edges a quick filing, sanding, and flame polish, and then bolted it down:
It's a perfect fit:
More importantly; with the thinner acrylic and countersinks, the reservoir assembly mounting depth is now a little over a 1/4" less than the original(s).
Here's a shot with one of the fans, the color is spot on:
Here's the plumbing on the back side:
Inlet will be the open upper right hole, outlet to the pump will be the open lower left hole. The 90's will connect the two reservoirs with a bit of tubing.
This is where the whole assembly is going to live:
And this is why I needed to slim it down a quarter inch:
The res outlet and pump inlet will ultimately align with a straight shot and about a half an inch of exposed tubing.
More later folks. Edited by Warfarin88 - 3/22/09 at 6:41am