I wanted something to monitor air and water temps throughout this rig, but I wanted to keep it fairly low tech, and out of the way. It's not something I'll need to look at everyday. I wanted something that I could look at when I needed to, but would remain totally out of sight most of the time.
This was my solution:
Those are white backlit XPSC LCD temp monitors. They're mounted to their mounting plate with 3M "tape of the gods" double sided tape":
The mounting plate is fastened to the front plate with M4 bolts, and offset with aluminum spacers:
The corner bolts are the only ones in play, the center four I placed to hold a trim plate, but I don't think I'm going to bother with it, so I just filled them with bolts. The black washers are silicon rubber. They don't do a darn thing, I just though they looked kinda neat.
Here's a broader shot:
The wiring fishes through the backside of the mounting plate through holes I drilled. I soldered the power and ground leads together in prep for a common connection, and numbered the temp leads so I would know which one goes to which display.
I'm going to use these BP units as temperature sensors:
The jut out into the flow a lot if you place them in a line, so I'm going to use BP extenders to pull them out of the flow a bit so as not to unnecessarily restrict anything:
I plan on taking two water temp readings. One will go in the reservoir, one will be down below, housed in this Q fitting:
I'm going to use the BP pass through fittings to hold BP temp sensors for the air temps as well. I'm still sorting their exact location however, so no pics of that just yet. I want one taking a reading in the main mobo compartment, and one taking a "cool" ambient reading in the lower rad intake section. I just haven't sorted out exactly where I'm going to plant them yet.
As you can might have noticed, I switched over to clear hose. I'm still planning on using the orange DD tubing in the visible motherboard compartment, but I was starting to run a little short of it, so I figured some clear tygon wouldn't hurt in the areas that no-one will ever see. (including me lol)
Coming off the Q fitting opposite the temp sensor is a drain line, which I capped like so with a compression fitting to a coupler and a threaded cap:
And here's a couple cruddy shots of the final tubing run inside the rad cage:
I ended up losing all the 90's up there, which should help flow. Airflow is looking pretty good too:
I wrapped up some final metal work to the bottom false floor frame and pump tray this morning. Next up is plumbing and fixing the new reservoir and the trim panels. I should have some more pics later tonight.