Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › Sleeper: Watercooled Lian Li A70b
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sleeper: Watercooled Lian Li A70b - Page 53

post #521 of 605
Thread Starter 
Hey nafljhy, I appreciate your support throughout this build. All of it.

Did you notice the new 45's on the top right bit of tubing to allow it to stay on top of the 24 pin?

Yeah. That was all you.

One of my favorite parts of the loop now.
post #522 of 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warfarin88 View Post
Hey nafljhy, I appreciate your support throughout this build. All of it.

Did you notice the new 45's on the top right bit of tubing to allow it to stay on top of the 24 pin?

Yeah. That was all you.

One of my favorite parts of the loop now.
haha, yea i did notice it! it loooks sooooo much better than when the wires were covering it!

i feel honored to have had some influence in this build.



again, amazing work on this build war!
Hephae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 Zotac 9300 mITX MSI 460GTX Cyclone 2x 2GB Team Xtreem 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
500GB SG Momentus XT Win7 x64 Logitech Illuminated Seasonic X650 
CaseMouse
Hephae Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
Hephae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 Zotac 9300 mITX MSI 460GTX Cyclone 2x 2GB Team Xtreem 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
500GB SG Momentus XT Win7 x64 Logitech Illuminated Seasonic X650 
CaseMouse
Hephae Razer Abyssus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #523 of 605
Thread Starter 


Little F@H update. Got ahold of a couple of nice little units and had to grab a screenie.



That's what I'm talkin about.
post #524 of 605
Nice! What cards are those on?
post #525 of 605
Thread Starter 
Thanks Smasher

Those are core216 GTX260's.
post #526 of 605
truely beautiful! great job your patience and dedication really shows. stunning...

MKG-Cosmos II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO oc'd to 4.25Ghz EVGA 3-way Sli Classified 2x480 SLI 3x2g Corsair CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Intel ssd, 2x300g raptors (0), 2x1 TB RE3 (0 Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, 22x dvd burner custom loop Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W3000H, dell ultra-sharp 24" Ducky 'OCN' with brown hx1000 Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
mionix naos 5000 steelseries SX 
  hide details  
Reply
MKG-Cosmos II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO oc'd to 4.25Ghz EVGA 3-way Sli Classified 2x480 SLI 3x2g Corsair CMG6GX3M3A2000C7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Intel ssd, 2x300g raptors (0), 2x1 TB RE3 (0 Pioneer Blu-Ray burner, 22x dvd burner custom loop Windows 7 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG W3000H, dell ultra-sharp 24" Ducky 'OCN' with brown hx1000 Cosmos II 
MouseMouse Pad
mionix naos 5000 steelseries SX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #527 of 605
This build has inspired me to do my first extensive mod to my PC-A70B! You have given me many great ideas. I'm going to borrow some ideas (with my own twists on them ) If you don't mind that is... I really loved the interior side panels splitting the case into separate areas. +rep
Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 C0 (Lapped) DFI LANParty UT X58 T3eH8 BFG GTX280 X2 SLI Corsair DOMINATOR DDR3 1600 (6 GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Raptor 150GB & Samsung 320GB 7200 SATA LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 RC x64 Build 7127 NEC 24" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media PS/2 Standard Keyboard Corsair 1000HX Lian-Li PC-A70B Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 C0 (Lapped) DFI LANParty UT X58 T3eH8 BFG GTX280 X2 SLI Corsair DOMINATOR DDR3 1600 (6 GB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Raptor 150GB & Samsung 320GB 7200 SATA LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Windows 7 RC x64 Build 7127 NEC 24" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media PS/2 Standard Keyboard Corsair 1000HX Lian-Li PC-A70B Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #528 of 605
Warf,

Just read through your entire work log from the first post all the way to the end(in one sitting!!). I've skimmed through here a few times, so I had already seen a good portion of sleeper.

Anyway, I must say that the level of detail is astounding. My favorite part of the mod has to be all the brushed aluminum work. I love the look of the dark, brushed surfaces, and all the end result is so clean! All the individual panels were so neatly cut and drilled, and they all came together very well- dividing the case into sections like Steve096 said.

I'm sure that you've heard this a thousand times already, but excellent work! Thank you very much for taking the time to post this!!

I have one quick question for you: The LED's you used the light the orange acrylic trime for the side case panels- what color are they? I'm thinking either orange or UV but I can't tell and I don't think you ever told us.
BlackBox
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 3.6ghz @ 1.35V Gigabyte X38-DS4 ATI 5870 4GB Corsair Dominator 1033Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Hitachi P7K500 320GB 64-bit Gentoo Linux / 64-bit Vista Ultimate Sceptre X24-WG 24" WUXGA Deck 82-key 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750TX BlackBox (scratch built) Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BlackBox
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 3.6ghz @ 1.35V Gigabyte X38-DS4 ATI 5870 4GB Corsair Dominator 1033Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Hitachi P7K500 320GB 64-bit Gentoo Linux / 64-bit Vista Ultimate Sceptre X24-WG 24" WUXGA Deck 82-key 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750TX BlackBox (scratch built) Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #529 of 605
congrats on the MOTM Warf!
postbitski soon
Chuckle2Tits
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 2.66 45nm D0 Foxconn BloodRage x58 EVGA GTX 285 6 GB Corsair Dom. DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x300 GB WD Velociraptor Asus 16/48 DVD/CD ROM SATA Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech USB wired Silverstone Decathalon 850 PolymorphiX (PMX_v1s) ms optical, wired 
Mouse Pad
ancient piece of crap :P 
  hide details  
Reply
Chuckle2Tits
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 2.66 45nm D0 Foxconn BloodRage x58 EVGA GTX 285 6 GB Corsair Dom. DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x300 GB WD Velociraptor Asus 16/48 DVD/CD ROM SATA Windows 7 Pro 64 bit Viewsonic VX2255wmb 22" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech USB wired Silverstone Decathalon 850 PolymorphiX (PMX_v1s) ms optical, wired 
Mouse Pad
ancient piece of crap :P 
  hide details  
Reply
post #530 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob808 View Post
truely beautiful! great job your patience and dedication really shows. stunning...

Thank you bob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve096 View Post
This build has inspired me to do my first extensive mod to my PC-A70B! You have given me many great ideas. I'm going to borrow some ideas (with my own twists on them ) If you don't mind that is... I really loved the interior side panels splitting the case into separate areas. +rep
Thank you Steve.

By all means, please rock any and every idea that comes your way. There's nothing I have done here that hasn't been done elsewhere before I'm sure. That's the great part of a being a community. We share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz View Post
Warf,

Just read through your entire work log from the first post all the way to the end(in one sitting!!). I've skimmed through here a few times, so I had already seen a good portion of sleeper.

Anyway, I must say that the level of detail is astounding. My favorite part of the mod has to be all the brushed aluminum work. I love the look of the dark, brushed surfaces, and all the end result is so clean! All the individual panels were so neatly cut and drilled, and they all came together very well- dividing the case into sections like Steve096 said.

I'm sure that you've heard this a thousand times already, but excellent work! Thank you very much for taking the time to post this!!

I have one quick question for you: The LED's you used the light the orange acrylic trime for the side case panels- what color are they? I'm thinking either orange or UV but I can't tell and I don't think you ever told us.
Thank you very much jpz. I've been following your work as well. BlackBox has has been greasing the wheels upstairs for my next build for quite a while now.

As far as the LEDs, they're actually white. I wanted any lighting effects to compliment the Xigmatek fans, which also use white LEDs. The white on the orange gives a very subtle orange (but really mostly white light) glow, which is what I was after. I'm an old fart, and didn't want the office looking like it was on fire.

The only orange LED's in the mod are in the stock sockets for the power and HDD activity on the bezel, but they both indicate HDD activity at the moment.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mod Work Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › Sleeper: Watercooled Lian Li A70b