Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › Sleeper: Watercooled Lian Li A70b
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sleeper: Watercooled Lian Li A70b - Page 57

post #561 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidForce View Post
I'm only 17 so i don't have those silly thoughts
Sheesh.
I've been continuously employed (up until just recently) since I was 13, and yes, that's longer than you have been alive by a significant margin.

Of course, back then, the next project was something on the car, not a PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nafljhy View Post
glad to see you're still lurking war!

wanna tease us some pics anyway of the A05B?
Heya naf.

I'll start a log on that little case here sooner or later. I can't quite seem to decide what it's going to be, and what all I'm going to need to cool it. There's not a ton of room in there, so planning on that one is pretty paramount.

I really wish HWLabs and/or Thermochill would issue at least a press release on what they have coming. I am really wanting to go with some 140mm stuff on this one for rads, but I haven't quite been able to sell myself on the GTS or GTX lines. I have seen some recent testing of the GTS in push pull that is making me lean that way though...

The wifey is also kind enough to keep gently reminding me that I don't really have any use whatsoever for another PC at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnG3L View Post
Can we find a company that they will hire the three of us and spent our lives modding? Please? ThE CrEatIoNisTs!!!! LoL
Ahh wouldn't that be the dream. I'm not sure who the third is, but I can certainly think of a ton of worthy contenders around these parts.

Too bad PPC's settled on the Atlantic coast instead of the gulf. You better believe I would have knocked on that door by now.
post #562 of 605
Beautiful work. Absolutely beautiful.
Xellotath
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Visiontek 6950 Reference Unlocked Shaders G.SKILL ECO Series DDR3 1600 4X2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 X OCX 60GB Agility 2 / 1 X WD1002FAEX LG DVD±RW SuperMulti Drive Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Sony Bravia 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W Silverstone RV03 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus - Extended - Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Xellotath
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500K GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Visiontek 6950 Reference Unlocked Shaders G.SKILL ECO Series DDR3 1600 4X2GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 X OCX 60GB Agility 2 / 1 X WD1002FAEX LG DVD±RW SuperMulti Drive Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit Sony Bravia 32" HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 SeaSonic M12D SS-850 850W Silverstone RV03 Razer Mamba 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus - Extended - Speed Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #563 of 605
That is by far the Best everything i have ever seen!!!

how much did i cost in total?
Midgard
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II B50 X4 (3.7Ghz) Biostar TA790GX 128M Gainward GTX 260 GS 2X2GB OCZ Gold DDR2 1066Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB SpinPoint SATAII Black OEM DVD Burner Win 7 Home Premium 64Bit Samsung P2370 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750Watt Modular Xigmatek Midgard SteelSeries Kinzu SteelSeries OcK 
  hide details  
Reply
Midgard
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II B50 X4 (3.7Ghz) Biostar TA790GX 128M Gainward GTX 260 GS 2X2GB OCZ Gold DDR2 1066Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB SpinPoint SATAII Black OEM DVD Burner Win 7 Home Premium 64Bit Samsung P2370 23" 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750Watt Modular Xigmatek Midgard SteelSeries Kinzu SteelSeries OcK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #564 of 605
GD that's a master at work! That's what being a badass/devotion to your project will get ya! hats off
Nomis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4.2Ghz on 1.305v :D Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR XFX Xtreme 4890 4gb of Corsair 1600mhz "Teh G00d StuFF" 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 7500 500gb vista 22in Gateway 5ms response razer lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750w tagan ITZ series Antec 300 G7 Sad puppy in rain 
  hide details  
Reply
Nomis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 @ 4.2Ghz on 1.305v :D Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR XFX Xtreme 4890 4gb of Corsair 1600mhz "Teh G00d StuFF" 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 7500 500gb vista 22in Gateway 5ms response razer lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
750w tagan ITZ series Antec 300 G7 Sad puppy in rain 
  hide details  
Reply
post #565 of 605
I hate your case.

Now that that is out of my system.

I love your case. I would be chuggin right along side of it if I also had an income. Unemployment doesnt pay well enough to feed a modders budget. Im also glad to see more orange loops. Im doing clear tubing with UV orange antikink coils. Im thinking about orange dye also, but dont really want to stain the tubing yet. Just in case I have to sell it for any reason.
post #566 of 605
Thread Starter 
Wow, lotsa love!



Quote:
Originally Posted by VladamirTOM View Post
Beautiful work. Absolutely beautiful.
Thank you Vladamir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT668 View Post
That is by far the Best everything i have ever seen!!!

how much did i cost in total?
Thanks MT.

As far as costs. I didn't track them. To be honest, I didn't want to know.

Just doing a quick tally in my head, here are some REAL rough estimates: Hardware ~ $2000; Watercooling gear ~$1000; case, case modding parts / materials, fans, etc. ~ $1000. That is not including any do-overs or things that didn't make it into the project, and I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. That's also really not accounting for shipping, tools, or time.

Now that I think about it, I kind of wish I wouldn't have though about it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by I_dalder_I View Post
GD that's a master at work! That's what being a badass/devotion to your project will get ya! hats off
Thank you dalder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason4i7 View Post
I hate your case.

Now that that is out of my system.

I love your case. I would be chuggin right along side of it if I also had an income. Unemployment doesnt pay well enough to feed a modders budget. Im also glad to see more orange loops. Im doing clear tubing with UV orange antikink coils. Im thinking about orange dye also, but dont really want to stain the tubing yet. Just in case I have to sell it for any reason.
Thanks for the compliments Jason.

Yeah, this hobby is neither cheap nor particularly easily justifiable. It sure is fun though.

The orange coils on clear sounds really cool to me. I bet it would look crazy under UV.
post #567 of 605
This is the cleanest metal work I have ever seen... You sir are a master. Everything is pristine. Looks like robots built it! I absolutely love what you've done. I wish I had your talents.

The only negative thing I can say about it, and it's not really a negative, just an opinion, is that I'm not sure I'd like having all my fan controls on the back of the case where they're hard to get to, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I'm guessing space was the main one


Great work... Very impressive.
Wish I was rich
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 @ 3.6 EVGA 780i GTS 250 Corsair Dominator x 4Gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Raptor 150 Windows 7 64bit Samsung 225BW PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 
Case
Scratch Custom 
  hide details  
Reply
Wish I was rich
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4 @ 3.6 EVGA 780i GTS 250 Corsair Dominator x 4Gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Raptor 150 Windows 7 64bit Samsung 225BW PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 
Case
Scratch Custom 
  hide details  
Reply
post #568 of 605
Ok, just found this log, and I'm impressed. I need to read this! Thanks for providing me with another gigantic log that is going to suck hours of my life away from me as I start at the beginning, while at the same time encouraging me to deplete the bank balance!

Luckily, you've done a bang up job of logging this, and provided links to relevant posts! Sweet!

Made it to post 82 so far... lol ... that HD rack idea and fan cage is great. I like the look of those captive nuts as a solution. They appear much nicer than the nut rivets I've been playing with. (uh... that sounds bad.)

Edit2
Wow! Great work! Really like all the helpful tips on tooling/jigs, and seeing your trials and errors. Very nice finished product!
Edited by ModMinded - 7/8/09 at 8:02pm
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9650 EVGA 750i FTW EVGA GTX 275 FTW 2 x 2GB OCZ Reaper PC2 8500 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500 GB Maxtor XP 32/Vista64/Win7 beta64 19" Viewsonic logitech basic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Zalman ZM-1000HP ThermalTake Element S MX Laser desk 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9650 EVGA 750i FTW EVGA GTX 275 FTW 2 x 2GB OCZ Reaper PC2 8500 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
500 GB Maxtor XP 32/Vista64/Win7 beta64 19" Viewsonic logitech basic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Zalman ZM-1000HP ThermalTake Element S MX Laser desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #569 of 605
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitt25 View Post
This is the cleanest metal work I have ever seen... You sir are a master. Everything is pristine. Looks like robots built it! I absolutely love what you've done. I wish I had your talents.

The only negative thing I can say about it, and it's not really a negative, just an opinion, is that I'm not sure I'd like having all my fan controls on the back of the case where they're hard to get to, but I'm sure you have your reasons. I'm guessing space was the main one


Great work... Very impressive.
Heya dmitt, I missed your post there. Thank you for the kind words. For the record, 90% of the talent I have displayed here is simply patience. The other 10% is having decent tools.

I hear you on the fan controller. Fortunately, I don't need to adjust my fans for heavier use. Day to day I can "set and forget" them for a nice quiet level that suits my various needs. In that respect, its actually pretty nice (for me) to have them tucked out of the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModMinded View Post
Ok, just found this log, and I'm impressed. I need to read this! Thanks for providing me with another gigantic log that is going to suck hours of my life away from me as I start at the beginning, while at the same time encouraging me to deplete the bank balance!

Luckily, you've done a bang up job of logging this, and provided links to relevant posts! Sweet!

Made it to post 82 so far... lol ... that HD rack idea and fan cage is great. I like the look of those captive nuts as a solution. They appear much nicer than the nut rivets I've been playing with. (uh... that sounds bad.)

Edit2
Wow! Great work! Really like all the helpful tips on tooling/jigs, and seeing your trials and errors. Very nice finished product!
Someone found my sig somewhere's I see.

Thank you ModMinded for your helpful and supportive words (here and elsewhere).

As far as the captive nuts: They are sleek, although I wager the rivet nut solution is more secure. I have on occasion managed to knock a captive nut loose when it wasn't being used. I doubt this is an issue with the rivets.

Thanks again for all your comments.
post #570 of 605
love the mod so far. Just fyi I submitted to http://www.million-dollar-pc.com/

It is well worth being on that website. Do you have it up and running yet?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mod Work Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › Sleeper: Watercooled Lian Li A70b