Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Acceptable use policy
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Acceptable use policy - Page 4

post #31 of 51
Here are some I found:

http://humanresources.about.com/od/i...cy_Samples.htm

http://www.networksolutions.com/legal/aup.jsp

http://bizsecurity.about.com/od/acce...reatingaup.htm

http://www.doiu.nbc.gov/orientation/acceptable_use.html


I think your best bet would be to make one up and let us critique/edit it. I doubt anyone is going to write one for you.
Gunmetal Tower
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Asus GTX 580 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB LG DVD Corsair H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64 Bit Asus PB278Q Dell 1907FPc  Ducky 9008-G2 Browns and Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ABS SL1050 1050W Antec P280 Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
HT | OMEGA Claro Halo Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audio Technica ATH-AD900 M-Audio AV 40 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone APC Back-UPS XS 1500 Wacom Intuos4 
  hide details  
Reply
Gunmetal Tower
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Asus GTX 580 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB LG DVD Corsair H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64 Bit Asus PB278Q Dell 1907FPc  Ducky 9008-G2 Browns and Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ABS SL1050 1050W Antec P280 Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
HT | OMEGA Claro Halo Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audio Technica ATH-AD900 M-Audio AV 40 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone APC Back-UPS XS 1500 Wacom Intuos4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 51
Well, if you are looking to make a contract and try and tell family members what they can and cannot do verbatim... I think ill have to leave that for someone else.. however my suggestion might not make your family members feel as awkward. Regardless of how you say it.. and how many words you use 'im not responsible' still means the same thing.. and if someone comes and sues.. you are the account holder not them, and you have no way of proving it was them and not you, aside from searching their computers and reporting your findings, or you ARE liable regardless of what you make them sign. Especially now, with the new way the RIAA is going about it, the ISP letters.. they get sent to the account holder.. period, not his parents or sister
Apollo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 Asus P6T Sapphire 4870X2 3x2GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 500gb RAID 0, 2 x 1TB Caviar Black Samsung 22x Sata DVD+-R/DL Vista x64 Acer x223w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 gen2 Cooler Master 850w 6 Rail Antec Twelve Hundred OCZ Equilizer 
Mouse Pad
Fellowes Ergonomic Wrist Support 
  hide details  
Reply
Apollo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 Asus P6T Sapphire 4870X2 3x2GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 500gb RAID 0, 2 x 1TB Caviar Black Samsung 22x Sata DVD+-R/DL Vista x64 Acer x223w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 gen2 Cooler Master 850w 6 Rail Antec Twelve Hundred OCZ Equilizer 
Mouse Pad
Fellowes Ergonomic Wrist Support 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
Well, if you are looking to make a contract and try and tell family members what they can and cannot do verbatim... I think ill have to leave that for someone else.. however my suggestion might not make your family members feel as awkward. Regardless of how you say it.. and how many words you use 'im not responsible' still means the same thing.. and if someone comes and sues.. you are the account holder not them, and you have no way of proving it was them and not you, aside from searching their computers and reporting your findings, or you ARE liable regardless of what you make them sign. Especially now, with the new way the RIAA is going about it, the ISP letters.. they get sent to the account holder.. period, not his parents or sister
well in this case the parent (my mum) is the account holder
yes it is a bit awkward to get them to sign a acceptable account policy
but its required, otherwise i can be held liable for not explaining these things / getting a policy signed that they understand what they legally can and can not do on a pc that way if they do choose to use the computer illegally i as a tech support person can not be held liable at all because i informed them of the illegal uses of the pc and got them to sign a document that they have been informed, and understand it

thats all the acceptable use policy is
its not stopping them / invading there privacy from doing what ever they want its just informing them of the things that are illegal on the PC
they can go do them if they want to, i would not stop them / always call and check on them if they are doing these things or not, but i can not be held liable because i have explained all this to them in a document that was signed

thats all it is - you people need to read the posts a bit
i said that i accidentally forgot to put in people i fix the PC for in my post
so it seemed like it was just targeted at family, when its not its actually intended for people i fix the PC for, but i can use it with my sister/mum

first post has been updated to reflect what i meant to say but typed it in a different way that looked like i was trying to use this on my family
Edited by William151515 - 12/22/08 at 12:29am
post #34 of 51
Thread Starter 
Great Got Little to no help, because most people decided to just flame me, gee thanks

wouldn't of bothered posting if you guys were just gonna flame me
Edited by William151515 - 12/22/08 at 7:16am
post #35 of 51
lots of people on this site get flamed all the time, quit feeling sorry for yourself.

Also, if you are not the account holder, than nobody can hold you liable of anything for one, and for two, do you REALLY think a mother would willingly rat you out???? I am a parent and I would die for my son.. no chance in hell imma snitch on him, so perhaps you should revise your reservations slightly.

Also, it hasnt even been 12 hours that this thread exists and you are already complaining nobody has helped.. has it occurred to you that the majority of this sites members were in bed at that time, and that now, after reading your thread, they most likely dont want to get involved after seeing you whine like this?

I take great personal offence to your statement as I did go and put out an effort and you turn around and flame me for it all the while crying bloody murder because people are flaming you for a subject which quite frankly makes no sense.

Now, if you want to make people agree to a disclaimer, do it on paper, not on their logon prompts as I said, because yeah, people will get MAD seeing that.

Also, there is no need for a family disclaimer... you cannot and will not be held liable, and even if by some chance your mom does try and snitch on you, there is no proof so its over before it starts.
Apollo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 Asus P6T Sapphire 4870X2 3x2GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 500gb RAID 0, 2 x 1TB Caviar Black Samsung 22x Sata DVD+-R/DL Vista x64 Acer x223w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 gen2 Cooler Master 850w 6 Rail Antec Twelve Hundred OCZ Equilizer 
Mouse Pad
Fellowes Ergonomic Wrist Support 
  hide details  
Reply
Apollo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 Asus P6T Sapphire 4870X2 3x2GB OCZ Gold DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 500gb RAID 0, 2 x 1TB Caviar Black Samsung 22x Sata DVD+-R/DL Vista x64 Acer x223w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 gen2 Cooler Master 850w 6 Rail Antec Twelve Hundred OCZ Equilizer 
Mouse Pad
Fellowes Ergonomic Wrist Support 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
lots of people on this site get flamed all the time, quit feeling sorry for yourself.

Also, if you are not the account holder, than nobody can hold you liable of anything for one, and for two, do you REALLY think a mother would willingly rat you out???? I am a parent and I would die for my son.. no chance in hell imma snitch on him, so perhaps you should revise your reservations slightly.

Also, it hasnt even been 12 hours that this thread exists and you are already complaining nobody has helped.. has it occurred to you that the majority of this sites members were in bed at that time, and that now, after reading your thread, they most likely dont want to get involved after seeing you whine like this?

I take great personal offence to your statement as I did go and put out an effort and you turn around and flame me for it all the while crying bloody murder because people are flaming you for a subject which quite frankly makes no sense.

Now, if you want to make people agree to a disclaimer, do it on paper, not on their logon prompts as I said, because yeah, people will get MAD seeing that.

Also, there is no need for a family disclaimer... you cannot and will not be held liable, and even if by some chance your mom does try and snitch on you, there is no proof so its over before it starts.
i do not do illegal activity on my PC and my mum wouldn't snitch on me, even if i did, (and i don't) the disclaimer is so that i can not be held responsible for other peoples computers not my own, how ever i will write one for my sister because she kinda does these things -

i am not going to repeat why again, since i have stated this several times already, and i said MOST people flamed me i didn't say everyone, i even reped you for your post because it was actually helpful, how ever i wanted a Disclaimer not a login reminder, although i can do that as a last resort

the Disclaimer just protects me from being responsible for other peoples computers, if i fix / repair them thats all it is, why people make such a big deal out of this i dunno

i worded my original post wrong so it sounded like it was souly for my family, when its not
the reason is

if you go build/buy another person a computer, and you just hand it to em, as a tech support person or w/e and you don't explain a computer use policy to them, of things you can't do on the pc (illegal things) and if they do them things (with out knowing) you can be held liable in caught for that, thats why you make a acceptable use policy to avoid being liable because they signed an agreement that they have read and understand the proper use of a computer

how many times do i have to repeat this for it to SINK IN
Edited by William151515 - 12/22/08 at 7:15am
post #37 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by William151515 View Post
Hello OCN

i need help making up a Acceptable use policy for the desktop computers, so i can get people i fix computers for to sign it

seeing as i maintain their computers / upgrade them when necessary
i want to make a Acceptable use policy and get them to read it or at least sign it
so i am not liable for illegal things that they do on their computers

but i am not sure as to how to do this
and would like help from people that have experience in this part
I'm not sure an Acceptable use policy is what you want. That would mean that you own the computers and the people have to abide by the Acceptable Use Policy or they can't use them. We implement that at the school as the school board owns the computers not the students. I think what you want is some kind of waiver saying you are not responsible for data loss etc. on the customers pc.
i7 on the cheap
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 Gigabyte X58A-UD7 evga GTX470 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 160GB LG GBW-H20L Windows 7 Ultimate Acer GD235HZ 23.6" 120HZ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Rocketfish 900W 80+ Silver Corsair Obsidian 800D Cyborg Rat 7 
  hide details  
Reply
i7 on the cheap
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 970 Gigabyte X58A-UD7 evga GTX470 Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M 160GB LG GBW-H20L Windows 7 Ultimate Acer GD235HZ 23.6" 120HZ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Rocketfish 900W 80+ Silver Corsair Obsidian 800D Cyborg Rat 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think what you want is some kind of waiver saying you are not responsible for data loss etc. on the customers pc.


isn't that right their what a acceptable use policy is?
post #39 of 51
What country do you live in? It would be truly bizarre if a tech support person was held responsible for what a third party did with his own PC.
Underground
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 C0 ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution GTX 460 TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD1001FALS SAMSUNG SH-S223F 22X DVD MULTI Corsair H50 Fedora 16 KDE x86_64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w19b Microsoft Comfort Curve Corsair CX600 Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer DeathAdder Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Underground
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 C0 ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution GTX 460 TR3X6G1600C8D 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD1001FALS SAMSUNG SH-S223F 22X DVD MULTI Corsair H50 Fedora 16 KDE x86_64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w19b Microsoft Comfort Curve Corsair CX600 Thermaltake Armor VA8003BWS 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer DeathAdder Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by error10 View Post
What country do you live in? It would be truly bizarre if a tech support person was held responsible for what a third party did with his own PC.
Australia, its 2:25am here atm

just edited my location to state my country lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Windows
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Operating Systems › Windows › Acceptable use policy