Originally Posted by McStuff
Confidence in acrylic making? I haven't the time. I don't really have the funds either. I have my tech station now, and it suites my needs decently. Maybe over the summer one year when my parts get an overhaul, I'll put some work into a new creation.
EDIT: That carbon fiber is amazing. Whenever I get a case done by you, CF is a must.
What Syrillian was trying to say was that he hopes you are not disappointed with the end result when Scarab is complete. That is his humble way of accepting your compliment and saying 'thank you'.
Excellent work as always!
I'm not 100% certain how you made this beautiful piece... and I think some of the pictures are out of chronological order. Let me see if I understand what I'm looking at. It seems that you:
1. Clamped the acrylic pieces together and drilled a hole in each corner that goes through both pieces.
2. Unclamped the pieces and drilled four more holes in the outer acrylic piece with the rounded edges. (possibly with the CF panel attached??)
3. Screwed the CF panel to the acrylic trim piece.
4. Installed ??threaded inserts?? in the acrylic "skeletal" frame piece.
5. Set the CF panel/acrylic trim piece on top of the base acrylic frame and screwed these together with 4 more hex screws.
Are you using some sort of threaded inserts? Might I ask how those work? Also, how is the CF held to the acrylic... more threaded inserts?