Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › Laptop MAME box
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Laptop MAME box

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
So here's my idea. I wanna get a Eee PC and put a couple emulators on it. The only one i really care about is a MAME emulator. But i wonder if there's a way to make it seem like windows isn't even on it. You turn it on and tada, the emulator is there.

And it would be cool to have a nice interface to it. I saw a topic on OCN a week ago where someone did something similar but sadly i cannot find it anymore. Looked like a portable arcade box. The only purpose for this is to HAVE a portable arcade. Nothing but.
TV Eye
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2180 @ 3.0ghz GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L Sapphire HD 4870 512mb 2gb G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 320gb Memorex 16x DVD Burner Windows XP Acer 22in X223w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg RAIDMAX HYBRID 530w COOLER MASTER Mystique Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
TV Eye
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2180 @ 3.0ghz GIGABYTE GA-EP35-DS3L Sapphire HD 4870 512mb 2gb G.Skill DDR2 800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 320gb Memorex 16x DVD Burner Windows XP Acer 22in X223w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg RAIDMAX HYBRID 530w COOLER MASTER Mystique Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 5
I could do in 98SE? Anyone know the splash screen file in XP Home? Set that and desktop to MAME images. Auto hide toolbar. Auto start MAME. Budda bing!

I have like 1400 Arcade games for MAME. So know what you mean sorta. Good luck.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T9400 2.53Ghz OC 2.85Ghz Asus ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 OC 780/500 4GB PC2-6400 OC 900Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
WD 320GB @5400 Vista 32bit Home Premium 14" WXGA+ 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T9400 2.53Ghz OC 2.85Ghz Asus ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 OC 780/500 4GB PC2-6400 OC 900Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
WD 320GB @5400 Vista 32bit Home Premium 14" WXGA+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asus Mobile View Post
I could do in 98SE? Anyone know the splash screen file in XP Home? Set that and desktop to MAME images. Auto hide toolbar. Auto start MAME. Budda bing!

I have like 1400 Arcade games for MAME. So know what you mean sorta. Good luck.
Ohhh, where do you get games? And how would you have all things autostart, some batch file or some crazy voodoo like that?
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewlett-Packard View Post
Ohhh, where do you get games? And how would you have all things autostart, some batch file or some crazy voodoo like that?
I may have missed OP's point. I was just trying to "cloak" obvious Windows. I learned computers on 98SE so know more about and it was easier. I was telling how to give an illusion nothing more.

As far as getting Games? Being an old man has advantages. I found many years ago for the first ones sites were open with ROMs. But I actually found a zip on limewire many years back. Just remember you, "I think you have a right to have a backup of what you legally own" .

Give a try if you really own these games and want back ups PM me and If I can find will point you. Only reason I don't share files is I don't have $10,000! To pay the man!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T9400 2.53Ghz OC 2.85Ghz Asus ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 OC 780/500 4GB PC2-6400 OC 900Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
WD 320GB @5400 Vista 32bit Home Premium 14" WXGA+ 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
T9400 2.53Ghz OC 2.85Ghz Asus ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 OC 780/500 4GB PC2-6400 OC 900Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
WD 320GB @5400 Vista 32bit Home Premium 14" WXGA+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asus Mobile View Post
I may have missed OP's point. I was just trying to "cloak" obvious Windows. I learned computers on 98SE so know more about and it was easier. I was telling how to give an illusion nothing more.

As far as getting Games? Being an old man has advantages. I found many years ago for the first ones sites were open with ROMs. But I actually found a zip on limewire many years back. Just remember you, "I think you have a right to have a backup of what you legally own" .

Give a try if you really own these games and want back ups PM me and If I can find will point you. Only reason I don't share files is I don't have $10,000! To pay the man!
I will find some other dude who wants to share (demonoid *wink wink*)

As far as the emu, I guess I'll google it lol
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Laptops and Netbooks
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Laptops and Netbooks › Laptop MAME box