Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Lower Temps Using ARCTIC COOLING F7 Via Ruber Band mod
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lower Temps Using ARCTIC COOLING F7 Via Ruber Band mod - Page 6

post #51 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueristic View Post


AMD
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2180 @ 3.33 @CPU - Load: 65-68 Core's 60/64@1.44v GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C MSI Model:Radeon HD 3650 R3650-T2D512-OC/D2 Crucial Ballistix 4GB 2 x 2GB Pc-6400 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Raptor 36gb 10k & WD 250 GB Liteon DVD/CDRW Sata & IDE Windows Media Center 2005 with SP3 wating for Wind SHARP 32" LC-32SB24U LCD TV HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 110 Wireless Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX12V Power Supply Athenatech A416BS.H350 Black Steel ATX Logitech EX 110 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2180 @ 3.33 @CPU - Load: 65-68 Core's 60/64@1.44v GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C MSI Model:Radeon HD 3650 R3650-T2D512-OC/D2 Crucial Ballistix 4GB 2 x 2GB Pc-6400 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Raptor 36gb 10k & WD 250 GB Liteon DVD/CDRW Sata & IDE Windows Media Center 2005 with SP3 wating for Wind SHARP 32" LC-32SB24U LCD TV HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 110 Wireless Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX12V Power Supply Athenatech A416BS.H350 Black Steel ATX Logitech EX 110 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #52 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig 0 View Post
AMD
post #53 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig 0 View Post
2 Holes in your theory, For 1 Fans On north and south bridge. 2 and The Besel Mod alows me to Any thing i want 3rd my case is 1 c over room temp Lot o air in lot o air out

1 120 MM In 120mm out 80mm out TWO PSU 80 mm out

4th Arctic Silver Creaqume On Everything Vid card NORTH and South Bridge And CPU
The BSEL mod allows to you anything you want? That makes no sense at all. BSEL modding your chip is still going to cause a FSB wall. The ICH7 chipset limits the max OC of the chip, I'm not talking about the regular wall with the chips. BSEL modding allows you to reach a higher clock, but you don't even need a BSEL mod with that motherboard. You seem to think that a BSEL mod allows you to get past any wall and that's not true at all.

The ICH7 chipset limits the PCIE from being locked to 100, and because of that, your OC is going to become unstable around the 3.2Ghz range because that is making the PCIE way above 100, and since you can't lock it at 100 it's going to become unstable.

You act like I'm just trying to give you false information when I'm telling you what I know because I had that board and it is limited because of the ICH7 chipset and even running fans are still going to cause the board to run hot because the heatsinks on the north and south are very poor.

And having one 120mm intake fan is not "alot of air"..
Edited by halifax1 - 12/22/08 at 10:40pm
1880478
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-750 @ 4.0GHz [200x20] [1.44V] [B#L928B214] MSI P55-CD53 [1.5 BIOS] GeForce 9800GT 512MB 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 @ 1600MHz [9-9-9-24][1.65V] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
30GB OCZ Vertex, 500GB WD Caviar Lite-On DVD-DL Burner Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung 216BW 1680x1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 650TX Antec Twelve-Hundred Razer Salmosa 
Mouse Pad
A Skylit Drive Custom Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
1880478
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-750 @ 4.0GHz [200x20] [1.44V] [B#L928B214] MSI P55-CD53 [1.5 BIOS] GeForce 9800GT 512MB 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 @ 1600MHz [9-9-9-24][1.65V] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
30GB OCZ Vertex, 500GB WD Caviar Lite-On DVD-DL Burner Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung 216BW 1680x1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 650TX Antec Twelve-Hundred Razer Salmosa 
Mouse Pad
A Skylit Drive Custom Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 64
Wait.. What?

No.
Refreshed Duo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 E0@4.25Ghz (500x8.5) Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX285 (720/1674/2772) 2x2gb G.SKILL PC8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3xWD 250GB RAID0 Sony DVD/CDR/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ACER 24" P241WAID LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 (Original) OCZ GameXStream 700w SLI ThermalTake Armor Black Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razor XACT 
  hide details  
Reply
Refreshed Duo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 E0@4.25Ghz (500x8.5) Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX285 (720/1674/2772) 2x2gb G.SKILL PC8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3xWD 250GB RAID0 Sony DVD/CDR/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ACER 24" P241WAID LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 (Original) OCZ GameXStream 700w SLI ThermalTake Armor Black Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razor XACT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #55 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ictinike View Post
Wait.. What?

No.
No what?
1880478
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-750 @ 4.0GHz [200x20] [1.44V] [B#L928B214] MSI P55-CD53 [1.5 BIOS] GeForce 9800GT 512MB 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 @ 1600MHz [9-9-9-24][1.65V] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
30GB OCZ Vertex, 500GB WD Caviar Lite-On DVD-DL Burner Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung 216BW 1680x1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 650TX Antec Twelve-Hundred Razer Salmosa 
Mouse Pad
A Skylit Drive Custom Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
1880478
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-750 @ 4.0GHz [200x20] [1.44V] [B#L928B214] MSI P55-CD53 [1.5 BIOS] GeForce 9800GT 512MB 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 @ 1600MHz [9-9-9-24][1.65V] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
30GB OCZ Vertex, 500GB WD Caviar Lite-On DVD-DL Burner Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung 216BW 1680x1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 650TX Antec Twelve-Hundred Razer Salmosa 
Mouse Pad
A Skylit Drive Custom Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #56 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post
no what?
no *******.
alpha
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 ~Lapped @ 3.6 XFX 780i eVGA GTX260 [216c|55nm] G.Skill π (2x2GB) PC8800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x WD 640GB AALS RAID 0 Windows 7 x64 7048 Acer AL2216W PC and Power Cooling 750W 
Case
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
alpha
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 ~Lapped @ 3.6 XFX 780i eVGA GTX260 [216c|55nm] G.Skill π (2x2GB) PC8800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x WD 640GB AALS RAID 0 Windows 7 x64 7048 Acer AL2216W PC and Power Cooling 750W 
Case
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post
The BSEL mod allows to you anything you want? That makes no sense at all. BSEL modding your chip is still going to cause a FSB wall. The ICH7 chipset limits the max OC of the chip, I'm not talking about the regular wall with the chips. BSEL modding allows you to reach a higher clock, but you don't even need a BSEL mod with that motherboard. You seem to think that a BSEL mod allows you to get past any wall and that's not true at all.

The ICH7 chipset limits the PCIE from being locked to 100, and because of that, your OC is going to become unstable around the 3.2Ghz range because that is making the PCIE way above 100, and since you can't lock it at 100 it's going to become unstable.

You act like I'm just trying to give you false information when I'm telling you what I know because I had that board and it is limited because of the ICH7 chipset and even running fans are still going to cause the board to run hot because the heatsinks on the north and south are very poor.

And having one 120mm intake fan is not "alot of air"..

Which Is why I oc At 3.15 Anything higer It would become Unstable I mean it would Post BUT I would Get A BSOD of Dearh OR not Run more than 20 mins On p95 or OCCTPT.

My main problem BEFORE THE BESL MOD was that if i tried to got over 2.62 NOTHING SATA WOULD WORK/SHOW UP.

The Besel Mod allows me To OC with a higer FSB1066 Which means Everything is OC LESS to get my MY desired Speed.

Not to be mean But is there anything else I need to know
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2180 @ 3.33 @CPU - Load: 65-68 Core's 60/64@1.44v GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C MSI Model:Radeon HD 3650 R3650-T2D512-OC/D2 Crucial Ballistix 4GB 2 x 2GB Pc-6400 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Raptor 36gb 10k & WD 250 GB Liteon DVD/CDRW Sata & IDE Windows Media Center 2005 with SP3 wating for Wind SHARP 32" LC-32SB24U LCD TV HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 110 Wireless Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX12V Power Supply Athenatech A416BS.H350 Black Steel ATX Logitech EX 110 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2180 @ 3.33 @CPU - Load: 65-68 Core's 60/64@1.44v GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C MSI Model:Radeon HD 3650 R3650-T2D512-OC/D2 Crucial Ballistix 4GB 2 x 2GB Pc-6400 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Raptor 36gb 10k & WD 250 GB Liteon DVD/CDRW Sata & IDE Windows Media Center 2005 with SP3 wating for Wind SHARP 32" LC-32SB24U LCD TV HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 110 Wireless Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX12V Power Supply Athenatech A416BS.H350 Black Steel ATX Logitech EX 110 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig 0 View Post
Which Is why I oc At 3.15 Anything higer It would become Unstable I mean it would Post BUT I would Get A BSOD of Dearh OR not Run more than 20 mins On p95 or OCCTPT.

My main problem BEFORE THE BESL MOD was that if i tried to got over 2.62 NOTHING SATA WOULD WORK/SHOW UP.

The Besel Mod allows me To OC with a higer FSB1066 Which means Everything is OC LESS to get my MY desired Speed.

Not to be mean But is there anything else I need to know
I don't think you understand the BSEL mod. It doesn't overclock anything "less". The BSEL mod is a mod which tricks two BSEL pins on the chip into reading at a different rated speed. It switched from 800 to 1066, which jumps the default speed. Because of that, the Vcore is raised by default, as well as other voltages. It's still an overclock, it's just used for motherboards which have that FSB wall, which yours does.

Maybe I misunderstand you, but you seem to think the BSEL mod doesn't cause any increase in voltage, because it does. It's still an overclock and it still increases temps and voltage.
1880478
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-750 @ 4.0GHz [200x20] [1.44V] [B#L928B214] MSI P55-CD53 [1.5 BIOS] GeForce 9800GT 512MB 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 @ 1600MHz [9-9-9-24][1.65V] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
30GB OCZ Vertex, 500GB WD Caviar Lite-On DVD-DL Burner Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung 216BW 1680x1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 650TX Antec Twelve-Hundred Razer Salmosa 
Mouse Pad
A Skylit Drive Custom Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
1880478
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-750 @ 4.0GHz [200x20] [1.44V] [B#L928B214] MSI P55-CD53 [1.5 BIOS] GeForce 9800GT 512MB 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 @ 1600MHz [9-9-9-24][1.65V] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
30GB OCZ Vertex, 500GB WD Caviar Lite-On DVD-DL Burner Windows 7 Professional x64 Samsung 216BW 1680x1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Corsair 650TX Antec Twelve-Hundred Razer Salmosa 
Mouse Pad
A Skylit Drive Custom Mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post
And having one 120mm intake fan is not "alot of air"..
But I am sucking way more heat out this is actualy a problem Because I have a cheap case And every seem and crevice gets duts build up because it sucking so much air out.

But then agian Its never really that hot in the case usuall 1-3f degrees above room temp.

Plus i do not want that much air flow Because it right off the kitchen in the living room (HTPC) And any airborn grease once on dust requires hard core cleaing
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2180 @ 3.33 @CPU - Load: 65-68 Core's 60/64@1.44v GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C MSI Model:Radeon HD 3650 R3650-T2D512-OC/D2 Crucial Ballistix 4GB 2 x 2GB Pc-6400 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Raptor 36gb 10k & WD 250 GB Liteon DVD/CDRW Sata & IDE Windows Media Center 2005 with SP3 wating for Wind SHARP 32" LC-32SB24U LCD TV HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 110 Wireless Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX12V Power Supply Athenatech A416BS.H350 Black Steel ATX Logitech EX 110 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2180 @ 3.33 @CPU - Load: 65-68 Core's 60/64@1.44v GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C MSI Model:Radeon HD 3650 R3650-T2D512-OC/D2 Crucial Ballistix 4GB 2 x 2GB Pc-6400 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Raptor 36gb 10k & WD 250 GB Liteon DVD/CDRW Sata & IDE Windows Media Center 2005 with SP3 wating for Wind SHARP 32" LC-32SB24U LCD TV HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 110 Wireless Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX12V Power Supply Athenatech A416BS.H350 Black Steel ATX Logitech EX 110 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #60 of 64
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by halifax1 View Post
I don't think you understand the BSEL mod. It doesn't overclock anything "less". The BSEL mod is a mod which tricks two BSEL pins on the chip into reading at a different rated speed. It switched from 800 to 1066, which jumps the default speed. Because of that, the Vcore is raised by default, as well as other voltages. It's still an overclock, it's just used for motherboards which have that FSB wall, which yours does.

Maybe I misunderstand you, but you seem to think the BSEL mod doesn't cause any increase in voltage, because it does. It's still an overclock and it still increases temps and voltage.

I know it does but not as much if i were to oc it from 2.00

Having to oc it from 2.66 is easier and Does not Have me running into the Wall. (Pun intened)
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2180 @ 3.33 @CPU - Load: 65-68 Core's 60/64@1.44v GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C MSI Model:Radeon HD 3650 R3650-T2D512-OC/D2 Crucial Ballistix 4GB 2 x 2GB Pc-6400 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Raptor 36gb 10k & WD 250 GB Liteon DVD/CDRW Sata & IDE Windows Media Center 2005 with SP3 wating for Wind SHARP 32" LC-32SB24U LCD TV HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 110 Wireless Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX12V Power Supply Athenatech A416BS.H350 Black Steel ATX Logitech EX 110 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E2180 @ 3.33 @CPU - Load: 65-68 Core's 60/64@1.44v GIGABYTE GA-945GCM-S2C MSI Model:Radeon HD 3650 R3650-T2D512-OC/D2 Crucial Ballistix 4GB 2 x 2GB Pc-6400 DDR2-800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Raptor 36gb 10k & WD 250 GB Liteon DVD/CDRW Sata & IDE Windows Media Center 2005 with SP3 wating for Wind SHARP 32" LC-32SB24U LCD TV HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 110 Wireless Thermaltake TR2 430W ATX12V Power Supply Athenatech A416BS.H350 Black Steel ATX Logitech EX 110 Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Lower Temps Using ARCTIC COOLING F7 Via Ruber Band mod