Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Cooler Master ATCS 840 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Cooler Master ATCS 840 Owners Club - Page 78

post #771 of 4392
Hello, can I join the club?

A couple pics (Sorry for the bad lighting + quality, I have a 5$ Digital Camera... -_-)

Tell me what you think of my custom side panel window!









I know the PSU is overboard right now (and that it's funny seeing an ATi card in an EVGA motherboard ) but I promise good things are coming soon. :3
post #772 of 4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0st View Post
Hello, can I join the club?

A couple pics (Sorry for the bad lighting + quality, I have a 5$ Digital Camera... -_-)
I like the bendy straw (?) in your beer












Oh yeah the case is nice too, lol
post #773 of 4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenkane View Post
I like the bendy straw (?) in your beer












Oh yeah the case is nice too, lol
That's actually a bamboo plant I'm growing! (My Guinness is out of the shot, to the left )

Thank you!
post #774 of 4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvp309rcp View Post
Build looks good...and the stock fans are very quiet...well the 230mm fans that is. I never used the stock 120mm exhaust since I replaced it right when I got the case. I'm sure you could easily replace it with a quieter fan if it may seem to loud for your taste. Only problem I see is that the case might be a bit overkill with your setup especially if you don't plan on overclocking...still good choice though You will love the ATCS 840...feel free to ask any other questions about the case.

Thanks

I narrowed it down to antec p183 / p193 and the atcs 840 but I read somewhere that the p183 didnt have a lot of room for expansion especially for large gcards and the p193 had problems when fitting large cpu coolers because the side fan placement got in the way so I settled for the atcs 840 instead.

It just got delivered today and i gotta admit I am amazed at how huge it is. Thinking about it now it probably is a bit overkill for the parts I'm putting in but at least I'll have plenty of room to upgrade.
Also might overclock it at a later date if i need to, only problem with it is a big dent in the top mesh fan cover, probably the delivery guy. I tried to get it out with brute force but it's still noticeable and If i ask for a replacement I would have to send all the case back to where i bought it

I might just put up with it as i wanna get on building it

Do you think i should disable the top fan closest the front or will i be okay running stock fans at default setup for my system?
post #775 of 4392
So what do you guys find best to do for routing PCI-E cables? My GPU takes 2 PCI-E cables and they plug in on the very back of the card (so the plugs face the front of the case, instead of the side panel). And I just can't figure out a way to route them without having them look ugly and obtrusive.

Also, any "must have" cable management holes? Thinking about tearing her down this weekend and taking the dremel to her. I just ordered a ton of things to help with cable management (including some MurderMod Sleeving) so I'm hoping I can get it looking a bit nicer.
post #776 of 4392
@Frost Where did you get that side panel?
Boobs (.)(.)
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 eVGA P55 SLI E655 275 OC G.Skill ECO Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 500GB None Windows 7 23 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair 850HX Lian Li/Rocketfish Full Tower Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Boobs (.)(.)
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 eVGA P55 SLI E655 275 OC G.Skill ECO Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 500GB None Windows 7 23 inch 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Tarantula Corsair 850HX Lian Li/Rocketfish Full Tower Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #777 of 4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffPCair View Post
@Frost Where did you get that side panel?
I made it myself, using a kit from FrozenCPU.Com.
post #778 of 4392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usura View Post
Thanks

I narrowed it down to antec p183 / p193 and the atcs 840 but I read somewhere that the p183 didnt have a lot of room for expansion especially for large gcards and the p193 had problems when fitting large cpu coolers because the side fan placement got in the way so I settled for the atcs 840 instead.

It just got delivered today and i gotta admit I am amazed at how huge it is. Thinking about it now it probably is a bit overkill for the parts I'm putting in but at least I'll have plenty of room to upgrade.
Also might overclock it at a later date if i need to, only problem with it is a big dent in the top mesh fan cover, probably the delivery guy. I tried to get it out with brute force but it's still noticeable and If i ask for a replacement I would have to send all the case back to where i bought it

I might just put up with it as i wanna get on building it

Do you think i should disable the top fan closest the front or will i be okay running stock fans at default setup for my system?
Mind if you post a pic of the dent...I'm curious how bad it may be. Maybe with some tools and being very careful...you might be able to fix it. Btw...removing either top fan shouldn't be a big deal especially since some people remove the back one to put an additional power supply in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr0st View Post
So what do you guys find best to do for routing PCI-E cables? My GPU takes 2 PCI-E cables and they plug in on the very back of the card (so the plugs face the front of the case, instead of the side panel). And I just can't figure out a way to route them without having them look ugly and obtrusive.

Also, any "must have" cable management holes? Thinking about tearing her down this weekend and taking the dremel to her. I just ordered a ton of things to help with cable management (including some MurderMod Sleeving) so I'm hoping I can get it looking a bit nicer.
I actually just ran the PCI-E cables in the back and looped it back down like a U-Turn. I used to run them up and out where the 24-pin power cable went through but I didn't like the look of it. It's really just personal opinion...I'm sure you can figure something out with your cable management equipment.
愛(Ai)
(39 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 990X @ 4.4GHz eVGA E760 X58 Classified  2x eVGA GTX980Ti 6GB Classified SLI eVGA GT 740 4GB SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator GT 6x4GB (24GB) Samsung 850 PRO 2TB 4x Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB (RAID-5) 6x Seagate Barracuda XT 3TB (RAID-6) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x500GB (RAID-50) Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x1TB (RAID-50) LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray Burner Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech MCR320 10x Sanyo Denki 9SG1212G101 (260CFM) 3x Sanyo Denki 9G1212G401 (130CFM) Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
3x Yamakasi Catleap 2703 IPS 27" 2560x1440 Sony KDL50W800C 50" Smart 3D LED HDTV Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard Brown Switches EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master ATCS 840 (Modded) Logitech G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse XTracPads Ripper XXL Desktop Gaming Mat HT Omega Claro Plus+ 7.1 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Speaker System Sony HTST9 7.1 Sound Bar Beyerdynamic A20 Headphone Amplifier Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm Headphones 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Beyerdynamic Premium Tesla Hi-Fi T70 Headphones Blue Yeti Pro Microphone Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro Areca ARC-1260 RAID Controller Card 
OtherOtherOtherOther
2x Lamptron FC-2 Fan Controller Lian Li EX-H34B Hot Swap Cage CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS D-Link Amplifi Cloud Router 5700 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 AmazonBasics 7 Port USB 2.0 Hub Saitek ST290 Pro Joystick 
  hide details  
Reply
愛(Ai)
(39 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 990X @ 4.4GHz eVGA E760 X58 Classified  2x eVGA GTX980Ti 6GB Classified SLI eVGA GT 740 4GB SC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair Dominator GT 6x4GB (24GB) Samsung 850 PRO 2TB 4x Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB (RAID-5) 6x Seagate Barracuda XT 3TB (RAID-6) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x500GB (RAID-50) Sans Digital TR8UT+B Enclosure 8x1TB (RAID-50) LG WH16NS40 Blu-Ray Burner Swiftech Apogee Drive II 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Swiftech MCR320 10x Sanyo Denki 9SG1212G101 (260CFM) 3x Sanyo Denki 9G1212G401 (130CFM) Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
3x Yamakasi Catleap 2703 IPS 27" 2560x1440 Sony KDL50W800C 50" Smart 3D LED HDTV Logitech G710+ Mechanical Keyboard Brown Switches EVGA SuperNOVA NEX1500 Classified 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master ATCS 840 (Modded) Logitech G700s Rechargeable Gaming Mouse XTracPads Ripper XXL Desktop Gaming Mat HT Omega Claro Plus+ 7.1 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Digital Speaker System Sony HTST9 7.1 Sound Bar Beyerdynamic A20 Headphone Amplifier Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 250 ohm Headphones 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Beyerdynamic Premium Tesla Hi-Fi T70 Headphones Blue Yeti Pro Microphone Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro Areca ARC-1260 RAID Controller Card 
OtherOtherOtherOther
2x Lamptron FC-2 Fan Controller Lian Li EX-H34B Hot Swap Cage CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS D-Link Amplifi Cloud Router 5700 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910 AmazonBasics 7 Port USB 2.0 Hub Saitek ST290 Pro Joystick 
  hide details  
Reply
post #779 of 4392
Hmm yeah, I might end up doing that (or cutting out another hole in the motherboard tray, like the hole for the 24 pin connector but towards the bottom-right corner).

So how many 120mm fans can be used in place of the front 200mm intake? Can you use 2 or is there only space for 1? I'd check but I'm too lazy.
post #780 of 4392
..Wow, this thread is REALLY slow, eh?

So do any of you know of any powder coaters on here/the net that will powder coat PC's by-mail? I want to get the inside of my ATCS 840 powdered satin black, but there are no local places which do powder coating.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] Cooler Master ATCS 840 Owners Club