Originally Posted by rfjunkie
I know what your saying about building a new one or just taking the parts out of an existing one to put in your 840... I bought an 840 about 9 months ago and its still sitting the box... I haven't decided what I want to put in it. I've got to many machines sitting around doing nothing the way it is... 2 of them are just sitting here not hooked up to anything (E7400 & E8400), and another one only gets turned on when I want have to do CAD/CAM work at home (Keeps work and play separated.)
I use my 2 C2Q builds the most... one is my "Daily Driver" for internet, video encoding, downloads, and some gaming. The other C2Q is used mainly for gaming.
I was thinking about turning the 840 case into my daily driver, but I don't want to just use a C2Q in it... I would like to go with one of the new P55 i7 boards in the 840... Or maybe wait for the i9 release.
Hello, fellow Minnesotan!
I know what you mean. First, I have my old gaming rig from 2003 (Athlon XP 2500+/9700Pro) that I've been meaning to sell for a while now (probably on Craigslist or one of my friends might be interested in a basic internet/word processing PC for school). For now it's my backup rig... but I have random parts for a socket 939 rig that I had planned on replacing it with. I was thinking about moving those parts into my current rig's case, but then I couldn't sell my sig rig as a "complete" unit on Ebay/Craigslist. I kind of would rather do that (instead of parting it out), just for the simplicity of seeing it all gone in one transaction. My current sig rig is still a solid gamer, but I've been looking to move on.... as I'd really like a "fresh start", for a number of reasons including the fact I love to assemble computers and tinker with new hardware. I've been trying to save money up to purchase a house and a wedding ring for a future proposal... and I'm also still in College... so I have to allocate my funds wisely. The fact I received this awesome case as a gift from my parents really helps, it's like $200 off a complete new build which is definitely a huge plus. I may just wait for Fermi to be released (March?) and see if ATI prices drop... again, not sure. For now, I'll definitely still be Ok - seeing I still have a rig that plays the games I like.
Sorry for the long post, lol... and stay warm... it's been frigid the last few weeks around here, as I'm sure you know!