Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Anand]Lian Li's Headquarters in Taipei
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Anand]Lian Li's Headquarters in Taipei - Page 11  

post #101 of 143
How important is a case's quality...???

My Antec 300 matches the airflow of the 900, and is covered with wholes. It was $40.00. I don't see the point of debating case quality, but I openly welcome you all to school me on this subject.
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
My First Build
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 Biostar 790GX A2+ Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 2x2GB Dominators Stock Clocks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SAMSUNG 840 SSD 128GB Windows 7 (64 bit) HP w2207 Corsair 750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec 300 Logitech G5 On Board 
  hide details  
post #102 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marin View Post
Cases =/= seats. Who would even care about that, I sure don't.
OMG
ROFLMAO

That I found hilarious beyond belief. XD
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
post #103 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNiceGuy View Post
You have at least a half dozen variables at play here. No offense but I think you're picking the one that best supports what you're trying to say (construction material). With the two scenarios you've described, there is literally no way to identify the cause of cooler exhaust air other than picking your favorite. Testing, and science for that matter doesn't work that way.

I've been thinking of your argument though. You're basically saying that aluminum has better thermal conductivity than steel (which it does) therefore it should be more effective at radiating internal heat outwards to the ambient air. I think that you probably are correct in your theory but nowhere near the extent you're portraying. I think the difference would be minimal to the point of being irrelevant.
All I am saying with my example is that its quite probable that it was because it was aluminium, the amount was definite in that his CPU was running cooler, despite putting out more heat and that his exhaust temperatures were lower than mine, I do guess that his TRUE could of held more heat than my Xigmatek, but I really can't think of anything else that could of given him that lower temperature.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
post #104 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKromm View Post
Let me get this straight, Lian li is to BMW 335i as CM is to 10x Geo Metros?

Lian li makes great cases, no doubt, but to suggest they are superior in every way(IE your analogy) thus justifying their steep price is asinine.



Agreed...

--------------------------------------------

Wow, even case manufacturers have fanboys!?!
You totally ignored the point. There are products out on the market that are superior in many ways to their luxury counterparts but yet people still purchase luxury products. A purse is a purse, yet why do some people purchase Louis Vuitton bags when something 10x cheaper does exactly the same thing? A Toyota Corolla will get you from point A to point B just like a BMW M3 would but why do some perfer to spend the extra $$$ for a luxury product?

Like I said, everyone that has posted on this thread is targeting cost. When someone purchases a Lian-li case it is not about price/cost. Anyone can continue arguing about the price of a Lian-li case all they want because in the end it's not about price. It's because I have a Lian-Li and you don't.

FYI, I purchased my V2110 for $389.99, my friends me called me crazy/stupid/insane for spending so much on a case, but why did I do it? The same reason a person that buys a BMW M3 over a Toyota Corolla.
Silence is Golden
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Wolfdale E8600 (OC 4.0GHz) GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3P Sapphire 4870 1GB 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Velociraptor in RAID0, 2x Hitachi 2TB BenQ 1655, Plextor 760A & Premium, Samsung S202N Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit/XP Pro SP3 Samsung 226BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX Lian-Li PC-V2110 Logitech MX510 
Mouse Pad
Lycra Gel 
  hide details  
Silence is Golden
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Wolfdale E8600 (OC 4.0GHz) GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3P Sapphire 4870 1GB 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Velociraptor in RAID0, 2x Hitachi 2TB BenQ 1655, Plextor 760A & Premium, Samsung S202N Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit/XP Pro SP3 Samsung 226BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX Lian-Li PC-V2110 Logitech MX510 
Mouse Pad
Lycra Gel 
  hide details  
post #105 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpTicaL View Post
You totally ignored the point. There are products out on the market that are superior in many ways to their luxury counterparts but yet people still purchase luxury products. A purse is a purse, yet why do some people purchase Louis Vuitton bags when something 10x cheaper does exactly the same thing? A Toyota Corolla will get you from point A to point B just like a BMW M3 would but why do some perfer to spend the extra $$$ for a luxury product?

Like I said, everyone that has posted on this thread is targeting cost. When someone purchases a Lian-li case it is not about price/cost. Anyone can continue arguing about the price of a Lian-li case all they want because in the end it's not about price. It's because I have a Lian-Li and you don't.

FYI, I purchased my V2110 for $389.99, my friends me called me crazy/stupid/insane for spending so much on a case, but why did I do it? The same reason a person that buys a BMW M3 over a Toyota Corolla.
Right... But how much does the name Lian Li "cost"? Sure Rolex makes a fine arse watch, but is a used submariner(solid gold band) worth 7.5K? No not really, but do I like my new watch and not give 2 shats what others think? Damn straight. I'm also hoping that in time as the economy rebounds I can sell it for more than I paid if not I'll keep it.

Can you honestly say any ~$400 Lian Li is hands down better than CM's ~$250 ATCS 840 or some of Silverstone's equivalent offerings?

Back to the cost issue yes it's a big deal for some people and if they can get 95-99% of the performance or *gasp* the case they find asthetically pleasing for half the price it's a no brainer(to those people)... I bought my Cosmos for $54 shipped after MIR so, yes, price was a huge selling point for me. It was the same thing when I bought a rocketfish for my dad's build.

To reiterate Lian Li makes great cases, heck amazing cases. I don't think anyone disputes that, but they aren't that much better than the competitions' highend cases either. At least not to warrant a $100+ price difference. In fact if I could afford to shell out more money(that watch wiped out my me funds ) say $500+ I would buy one of Mman's Soldams. Those really are worth the premium and truly separate themselves from the rest. Scarcity alone(outside of Japan) make them all the more desirable.
Calculon Ω
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 @ 3.7Ghz 1.37V DFI LT X48-T2R vNB 1.24 EVGA 460GTX 4x2GB Patriot 1000mhz CL5 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x x-25m Vista x64 24" BenQ G2400WD Corsair VX550W 
Case
CM Cosmos 1000 
  hide details  
Calculon Ω
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6700 @ 3.7Ghz 1.37V DFI LT X48-T2R vNB 1.24 EVGA 460GTX 4x2GB Patriot 1000mhz CL5 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x x-25m Vista x64 24" BenQ G2400WD Corsair VX550W 
Case
CM Cosmos 1000 
  hide details  
post #106 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auld View Post
OMG a sane person helps me battle the aluminum case guy!

lmao its not just me theres a few of us.

I have 2 fans going in my case atm CPU and exhaust. I wanted it quiet. With only 1 fan exhausting the air is still cold.

Get a alluminum case next and you will fully understand what i mean. Steel gets warm thus hardware gets warm. Alluminum stays cool thus hardware stays cool.
New one
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170-GAMING K3 XFX R9 290 DD 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 LG 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steel Series 7G CM RealPower M850 NZXT H440  Logitech G502 
Mouse Pad
OCuK XXL Surface 
  hide details  
New one
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170-GAMING K3 XFX R9 290 DD 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Ultra II 960GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 LG 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steel Series 7G CM RealPower M850 NZXT H440  Logitech G502 
Mouse Pad
OCuK XXL Surface 
  hide details  
post #107 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterKromm View Post
Right... But how much does the name Lian Li "cost"? Sure Rolex makes a fine arse watch, but is a used submariner(solid gold band) worth 7.5K? No not really, but do I like my new watch and not give 2 shats what others think? Damn straight. I'm also hoping that in time as the economy rebounds I can sell it for more than I paid if not I'll keep it.
That's just your personal sense of value and does not apply to everyone else.

Quote:
Can you honestly say any ~$400 Lian Li is hands down better than CM's ~$250 ATCS 840 or some of Silverstone's equivalent offerings?
Yes I can honestly say from my heart that my Lian-li was worth every penny. When I first used a Lian-Li (PC-777) and witnessed anodized brushed aluminum I told myself I am never ever going back.

First of all you're comparing apples to oranges. CM's 840 is a steel case, a $400 Lian-Li case is aluminum. You are not comparing in the same class. You want to talk about functionality? My Lian-Li V2110 has anti-vibration rubber rings for hdd mounts, has a 140mm b-pillar fan that blows directly on my northbridge and RAM, the same b-pillar also provides VGA support, supports E-ATX, has built in fan controller, has dual-zone heat zones, supports dual PSUs and the list goes on. Does the CM 840 offer that? I don't think so.

Like this CM I saw on Newegg: COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKR3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower for $439.99. That costs more than my Lian-Li, yet at least 238 people purchased that case.

Quote:
Back to the cost issue yes it's a big deal for some people and if they can get 95-99% of the performance or *gasp* the case they find asthetically pleasing for half the price it's a no brainer(to those people)... I bought my Cosmos for $54 shipped after MIR so, yes, price was a huge selling point for me. It was the same thing when I bought a rocketfish for my dad's build.
For some, price is a big factor for others' it's not. It all depeneds on a individual's sense of value. Some people are willing to pay a premium and other's simply won't.

Quote:
To reiterate Lian Li makes great cases, heck amazing cases. I don't think anyone disputes that, but they aren't that much better than the competitions' highend cases either. At least not to warrant a $100+ price difference. In fact if I could afford to shell out more money(that watch wiped out my me funds ) say $500+ I would buy one of Mman's Soldams. Those really are worth the premium and truly separate themselves from the rest. Scarcity alone(outside of Japan) make them all the more desirable.
Lets compare a few manufacturers high end Full Tower Aluminum cases (Limited and Special Edition cases DO NOT COUNT)

Thermaltake SwordM VD5000BNA Black/ Silver Aluminum Extrusion ATX Full Tower $499.99

COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKR3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower $439.99

NZXT Khaos Series CS-NT-LEXA-BLB Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower $439.99

LIAN LI PC-V2110B Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower $379.99 (The LIAN LI PC-A20B which costs $10 more is classed as a Mid-Tower on Lian-Li's website)

When comparing cases from the same class (Full Tower Aluminum) I do not know where you are getting the $100+ price difference when in fact other manufacturers cost $60-$110 more than the top-of-line Lian-Li.


*edit* You guys want to know who's a real rip-off? Zalman cases! $450 for a Aluminum Mid-Tower?!? Now you have to really be crazy to buy one of those
Edited by OpTicaL - 1/28/09 at 3:04pm
Silence is Golden
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Wolfdale E8600 (OC 4.0GHz) GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3P Sapphire 4870 1GB 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Velociraptor in RAID0, 2x Hitachi 2TB BenQ 1655, Plextor 760A & Premium, Samsung S202N Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit/XP Pro SP3 Samsung 226BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX Lian-Li PC-V2110 Logitech MX510 
Mouse Pad
Lycra Gel 
  hide details  
Silence is Golden
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Wolfdale E8600 (OC 4.0GHz) GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3P Sapphire 4870 1GB 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Velociraptor in RAID0, 2x Hitachi 2TB BenQ 1655, Plextor 760A & Premium, Samsung S202N Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit/XP Pro SP3 Samsung 226BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX Lian-Li PC-V2110 Logitech MX510 
Mouse Pad
Lycra Gel 
  hide details  
post #108 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianGrimmReaper View Post
They don't. That's unpainted aluminum.
Those are definitely steel chassis cases. LL makes a lot more steel cases than aluminum ones right now. Which is why I found the blurb in the first post so misleading.

Those wimmen are angry because they are working on steel chassis.
Shop Dog
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Asus Blitz Formula SE HD3870X2 G Skill 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Velociraptor 150GB LG DVD Burner Vista Ultimate 64 AOC 21.5" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend Silverstone 750 Modular OverClock Edition Lian Li V1100 Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Shop Dog
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Asus Blitz Formula SE HD3870X2 G Skill 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Velociraptor 150GB LG DVD Burner Vista Ultimate 64 AOC 21.5" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend Silverstone 750 Modular OverClock Edition Lian Li V1100 Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
post #109 of 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid View Post
Those are definitely steel chassis cases. LL makes a lot more steel cases than aluminum ones right now. Which is why I found the blurb in the first post so misleading.

Those wimmen are angry because they are working on steel chassis.
LoL, agreed.
Silence is Golden
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Wolfdale E8600 (OC 4.0GHz) GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3P Sapphire 4870 1GB 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Velociraptor in RAID0, 2x Hitachi 2TB BenQ 1655, Plextor 760A & Premium, Samsung S202N Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit/XP Pro SP3 Samsung 226BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX Lian-Li PC-V2110 Logitech MX510 
Mouse Pad
Lycra Gel 
  hide details  
Silence is Golden
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Wolfdale E8600 (OC 4.0GHz) GIGABYTE GA-EP45T-UD3P Sapphire 4870 1GB 4GB G.SKILL DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
300GB Velociraptor in RAID0, 2x Hitachi 2TB BenQ 1655, Plextor 760A & Premium, Samsung S202N Windows7 Ultimate 64-bit/XP Pro SP3 Samsung 226BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX Lian-Li PC-V2110 Logitech MX510 
Mouse Pad
Lycra Gel 
  hide details  
post #110 of 143
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpTicaL View Post

Like this CM I saw on Newegg: COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKR3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower for $439.99. That costs more than my Lian-Li, yet at least 238 people purchased that case.
you do realize people bought that case at that price because it includes a FREAKING 1000W POWER SUPPLY.


Your case = $380 all by its lonesome, no power supply included.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811112172
(if you have the black one)

That stacker you wanted to compare = $440 because it includes a $270 1000W Power supply. which makes the case $170.... the case is also available by itself for $219.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811119136

In conclusion LOL fail . You are just reminding, proving and supporting everyone's point that Lian li cases are extremely overpriced.
Edited by Derp - 1/29/09 at 12:02am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Anand]Lian Li's Headquarters in Taipei