Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › OCN Speaker Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

OCN Speaker Club - Page 40

post #391 of 3865
Just got my Denon Mini System for my room... and I have to admit: it's pretty awesome.

The D-M37 paired with the Denon speakers sound fantastic. Honestly I was really surprised... it sounded really good, probably the best you can get for a CD/AMP/Tuner/Speaker package all for less than 450CAD.

Obviously the bass is a little anemic, but i'd say that for most music types excluding hip-hop, people would really enjoy them.

Sorry, no pictures... camera phone sucks.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 - 3570 Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 HIS 4670 IceQ 3x1GB G.Skill HK series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
4x1TB, 3 for storage 1 for OS Windows Vista Samsung Syncmaster 940BW -- 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec NeoPower 500W Antec P182 -- 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 - 3570 Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 HIS 4670 IceQ 3x1GB G.Skill HK series 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
4x1TB, 3 for storage 1 for OS Windows Vista Samsung Syncmaster 940BW -- 
PowerCaseMouse
Antec NeoPower 500W Antec P182 -- 
  hide details  
Reply
post #392 of 3865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2Shoe View Post
Just got my Denon Mini System for my room... and I have to admit: it's pretty awesome.

The D-M37 paired with the Denon speakers sound fantastic. Honestly I was really surprised... it sounded really good, probably the best you can get for a CD/AMP/Tuner/Speaker package all for less than 450CAD.

Obviously the bass is a little anemic, but i'd say that for most music types excluding hip-hop, people would really enjoy them.

Sorry, no pictures... camera phone sucks.
It has a Sub-Out connection

Do it!!!!!!
TudjBox.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8Z68V Gen3 PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Corsair Vengeance 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex II Samsung F3 1TB Sony DVD-RW Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 iiyama ProLite 24" 16:9 Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P182 G5 SteelSeries Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 
  hide details  
Reply
TudjBox.
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k Asus P8Z68V Gen3 PRO Sapphire Radeon HD7970 Corsair Vengeance 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex II Samsung F3 1TB Sony DVD-RW Thermalright Silver Arrow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 x64 iiyama ProLite 24" 16:9 Filco Ninja Majestouch-2 Corsair HX620 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec P182 G5 SteelSeries Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #393 of 3865
I'm currently auditioning a pair of B&W 683, 684 and 685s to check out their updated entry level line, and also to compare against the CM9 setup I currently use. After a couple days of breaking in the drivers, the impressions have been pretty good overall for "budget" B&Ws, and they are a huge improvement of the previous 600 series, which were frankly sub-par for the price.

The 683 stands out with a very even response, smooth highs/mids, and solid bass extension down to around 45Hz, after which the response tails off significantly. The 684s while decent, sounded a bit anemic, especially after listening to the 683s. Which was expected considering it has a smaller enclosure, and has to rely more heavily on the port to extend its low end. The 685s at around $600 a pair, really surprised me with their sound especially for a bookshelf speaker. The highs especially were exceptionally smooth. The best sound I got out of these was using a port plug that was supplied with the speakers to tighten up the overall bass response, and pairing it with a Sunfire TS-EQ 10 sub. On a budget it would be a pretty good option for a small/med sized room (well with a different sub).

I just thought I'd toss this out there for those looking for a well rounded pair of speakers that has an even response similar to a studio monitor, except with a bit more life to the sound.

Topless pic of the 683:
Wallet Flusher
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K@4.8 Lapped MSI P67A-G55 GTX 580 980@ 1.18v (WC) 4x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback 7-8-7-24 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 64 Asus Pro Art PA246Q Seasonic X750 Silverstone TJ09 
Mouse
G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
Wallet Flusher
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K@4.8 Lapped MSI P67A-G55 GTX 580 980@ 1.18v (WC) 4x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback 7-8-7-24 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 64 Asus Pro Art PA246Q Seasonic X750 Silverstone TJ09 
Mouse
G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #394 of 3865
Quote:
Originally Posted by grossebeaver View Post
I'm currently auditioning a pair of B&W 683, 684 and 685s to check out their updated entry level line, and also to compare against the CM9 setup I currently use. After a couple days of breaking in the drivers, the impressions have been pretty good overall for "budget" B&Ws, and they are a huge improvement of the previous 600 series, which were frankly sub-par for the price.

The 683 stands out with a very even response, smooth highs/mids, and solid bass extension down to around 45Hz, after which the response tails off significantly. The 684s while decent, sounded a bit anemic, especially after listening to the 683s. Which was expected considering it has a smaller enclosure, and has to rely more heavily on the port to extend its low end. The 685s at around $600 a pair, really surprised me with their sound especially for a bookshelf speaker. The highs especially were exceptionally smooth. The best sound I got out of these was using a port plug that was supplied with the speakers to tighten up the overall bass response, and pairing it with a Sunfire TS-EQ 10 sub. On a budget it would be a pretty good option for a small/med sized room (well with a different sub).

I just thought I'd toss this out there for those looking for a well rounded pair of speakers that has an even response similar to a studio monitor, except with a bit more life to the sound.

Topless pic of the 683:
how are they put together?
tweeter
mid
woofer
woofer?

sweet looking speakers btw
Rebirth
(26 items)
 
Zbox EI751
(6 items)
 
Asus UX501
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k ASUS p9X79 E ws Nvidia 1080ti Nvidia 1080ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64GB Sandisk extreme II Raid 0 Samsung 830 Raid 0 WD green 3tb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
lg blueray Heatkiller iv pro Bitspower ram blocks Swiftech MCP655 X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
BlackIce Nemesis 480 BlackIce Nemesis 480 Bitspower fittings Bequiet Silent Wings 3 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 LG 4K, 42" (43UF7600) 4:4:4@60hz  Asus pb278q Corsair raptor 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA supernova 1300 Enthoo Primo Naga hex v2 Razer Firefly 
AudioAudio
JVC JA1000 fiio Kulun E18 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7-5775R Gskill  ssd Windows 10 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
panasonic vt60 Logitech wireless 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
4720HQ 960m 16GB samsung 512 
OSMonitor
Windows 10 4k touch 
  hide details  
Reply
Rebirth
(26 items)
 
Zbox EI751
(6 items)
 
Asus UX501
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4930k ASUS p9X79 E ws Nvidia 1080ti Nvidia 1080ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64GB Sandisk extreme II Raid 0 Samsung 830 Raid 0 WD green 3tb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
lg blueray Heatkiller iv pro Bitspower ram blocks Swiftech MCP655 X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
BlackIce Nemesis 480 BlackIce Nemesis 480 Bitspower fittings Bequiet Silent Wings 3 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 LG 4K, 42" (43UF7600) 4:4:4@60hz  Asus pb278q Corsair raptor 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA supernova 1300 Enthoo Primo Naga hex v2 Razer Firefly 
AudioAudio
JVC JA1000 fiio Kulun E18 
CPURAMHard DriveOS
i7-5775R Gskill  ssd Windows 10 pro 
MonitorKeyboard
panasonic vt60 Logitech wireless 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
4720HQ 960m 16GB samsung 512 
OSMonitor
Windows 10 4k touch 
  hide details  
Reply
post #395 of 3865
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarble View Post
how are they put together?
tweeter
mid
woofer
woofer?

sweet looking speakers btw
Yes, they are layed out just like you posted. You can always tell a woofer by it's beefy surround. That mid looks sick. I need to get some towers, eventually.
Bob's Your Uncle
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K MSI Z97 Krait SLI Edition Asus R9 290 DCII 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250gb and 120gb Samsung 840 Cryorig H7 Push/Pull Win7  ViewSonic VX2457-MHD + Planar 2210W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair TX650W Deepcool Dukase Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QCK Mass Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 
  hide details  
Reply
Bob's Your Uncle
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K MSI Z97 Krait SLI Edition Asus R9 290 DCII 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250gb and 120gb Samsung 840 Cryorig H7 Push/Pull Win7  ViewSonic VX2457-MHD + Planar 2210W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair TX650W Deepcool Dukase Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries QCK Mass Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #396 of 3865
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post
Yes, they are layed out just like you posted. You can always tell a woofer by it's beefy surround. That mid looks sick. I need to get some towers, eventually.
Yeah, they use 2 ported 6" woofers. The midrange on the 683 is actually the same one used in the CM series which is nearly three times the price. The sound is rich/smooth almost to a point where it may take away some of the edginess of some heavy rock (Manson almost sounded too "nice"). Personally, I love the sound for most music particularly with solo violin/cello, solo electric guitar, organ, and orchestra.
Wallet Flusher
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K@4.8 Lapped MSI P67A-G55 GTX 580 980@ 1.18v (WC) 4x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback 7-8-7-24 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 64 Asus Pro Art PA246Q Seasonic X750 Silverstone TJ09 
Mouse
G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
Wallet Flusher
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K@4.8 Lapped MSI P67A-G55 GTX 580 980@ 1.18v (WC) 4x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback 7-8-7-24 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 7 64 Asus Pro Art PA246Q Seasonic X750 Silverstone TJ09 
Mouse
G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #397 of 3865
Would some Swans M200MK II qualify? Lol
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0/ PhII 965 c3/ p4 641/ celly 347 and more e759 Classified/ Gig 790fxt-UD5P/ Asus Commando EVGA GTX480/ vmod 8800gt/ vmod 4670/ 9600GSO Elpida BBSE ddr3/ D9 base PNY ddr2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Ocz Vertex SSD/ Raid AALS/ 1.5tb 7200.12 and more S2223F Windows 7 Pro Dell U2410 H-IPS Panel + ColorMunki Photo 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Realforce 86UB Variable Enermax 1250w Galaxy and Corairs HX1000 Custom Monotone Tech station. Deathadder 3.5g 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0/ PhII 965 c3/ p4 641/ celly 347 and more e759 Classified/ Gig 790fxt-UD5P/ Asus Commando EVGA GTX480/ vmod 8800gt/ vmod 4670/ 9600GSO Elpida BBSE ddr3/ D9 base PNY ddr2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Ocz Vertex SSD/ Raid AALS/ 1.5tb 7200.12 and more S2223F Windows 7 Pro Dell U2410 H-IPS Panel + ColorMunki Photo 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Realforce 86UB Variable Enermax 1250w Galaxy and Corairs HX1000 Custom Monotone Tech station. Deathadder 3.5g 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
post #398 of 3865
sure


Lets keep the thread on topic. No cheap computer speakers, tell your girlfriends about them
Edited by soloz2 - 3/22/09 at 5:49am
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #399 of 3865
I finally gave in and ended up ordering myself an Epos ELS Subwoofer for my Hifi today. Now to play the waiting game
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H  2GB Asus 270X DirectCU II 16GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Crucial BX100, 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + ~... Corsair H80 Windows 10 Hazro HZ27WA 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Corsair CX750M Aerocool DS Cube Microsoft Sidewinder 
Audio
Cambridge Audio DACMagic. 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670k Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H  2GB Asus 270X DirectCU II 16GB Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Crucial BX100, 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + ~... Corsair H80 Windows 10 Hazro HZ27WA 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer BlackWidow Corsair CX750M Aerocool DS Cube Microsoft Sidewinder 
Audio
Cambridge Audio DACMagic. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #400 of 3865
Well, Iam currently having a hard time finding a pair of Cerwin Vega VE15 speakers for sale in the UK without having to wait for stock...

However, during my search, I came across these:

Audio Intimidation S120

http://www.udmdjstore.co.uk/details.asp?ProductID=36232

Does anyone know if these speakers are any good?

I have never heard of the brand myself however it seems to be around a bit.

Any opinions?
TJ07 Type R Build
(78 photos)
  
Reply
TJ07 Type R Build
(78 photos)
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › OCN Speaker Club