Originally Posted by reberto
The barbs are molded to the block, so no teflon tape can be used there
Put me down on the list also. I added an Apogee Drive to a MCR220QP-RES, Rad-Box, barbs, clear tubing, & clamps that I had on hand. I couldn't bleed the loop, & it was like the more I bled it, the more air it produced. When I took a closer look I found the elbows were leaking. The water block case does have molded arms, but the barbs are not part of that, they are glued in. That's where mine was leaking from, the glue at the joint. I glued them more to stop the leak, but still have air entering the system.
The quality isn't the greatest. I did have to remove the 775 base to add the 940 base. During assembly with the 775 base, the o-ring had been deformed by driving the copper water block pins in to it. I was able to straighten the pins, but some were sheared off.
I have disassembled the unit looking for bad seal somewhere, but I can't find anything. I even flipped the o-ring just for the hell of it.
I'm leaning towards a new pump top & adding a water block. Space was & is still an issue, but I'm going to have to find it somewhere. I can't keep cooling with foam.Edited by SpaceCowboy - 2/20/09 at 10:47am