Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › We must outdo EVGA!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

We must outdo EVGA! - Page 94

post #931 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by gre0481 View Post
Maybe this is part of EVGA's marketing scheme??

Well truth be told, if they were so confident; they wouldn't be checking up on our thread
dont say that. its is nice to talk to people from the other teams
Edited by jarble - 2/23/09 at 3:32pm
Rebirth
(26 items)
 
Asus UX501
(6 items)
 
Home server
(20 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1950x ASUS Zenith Extreme  Nvidia 1080ti Nvidia 1080ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64GB Samsung 960 pro Sandisk extreme II Raid 0 WD green 3tb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
lg blueray Heatkiller iv pro Bitspower ram blocks Swiftech MCP655 X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
BlackIce Nemesis 480 BlackIce Nemesis 480 Bitspower fittings Bequiet Silent Wings 3 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 pro LG 4K, 42" (43UF7600) 4:4:4@60hz  Asus pb278q Corsair raptor 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA supernova 1300 Enthoo Primo Naga hex v2 Razer Firefly 
AudioAudio
JVC JA1000 fiio Kulun E18 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
4720HQ 960m 16GB samsung 512 
OSMonitor
Windows 10 4k touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 4930K ASUS P9X79 E-WS GTX 980 MSI Zotac 980ti Amp extreme  
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Zotac 980ti Amp extreme  64GB GSKILL 1866, 8GB X 8 750 black 2tb green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
3tb green Samsung 830 Raid 0 MoRad 3 D5 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Heatkiller IV windows 7 pro LG 22in none 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA GS1000 Antec 300 Razor Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
Rebirth
(26 items)
 
Asus UX501
(6 items)
 
Home server
(20 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
1950x ASUS Zenith Extreme  Nvidia 1080ti Nvidia 1080ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
64GB Samsung 960 pro Sandisk extreme II Raid 0 WD green 3tb 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
lg blueray Heatkiller iv pro Bitspower ram blocks Swiftech MCP655 X2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
BlackIce Nemesis 480 BlackIce Nemesis 480 Bitspower fittings Bequiet Silent Wings 3 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 pro LG 4K, 42" (43UF7600) 4:4:4@60hz  Asus pb278q Corsair raptor 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA supernova 1300 Enthoo Primo Naga hex v2 Razer Firefly 
AudioAudio
JVC JA1000 fiio Kulun E18 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
4720HQ 960m 16GB samsung 512 
OSMonitor
Windows 10 4k touch 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I7 4930K ASUS P9X79 E-WS GTX 980 MSI Zotac 980ti Amp extreme  
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
Zotac 980ti Amp extreme  64GB GSKILL 1866, 8GB X 8 750 black 2tb green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
3tb green Samsung 830 Raid 0 MoRad 3 D5 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Heatkiller IV windows 7 pro LG 22in none 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA GS1000 Antec 300 Razor Naga 
  hide details  
Reply
post #932 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by eXe.Lilith View Post


Edit: Seems I was right about my E2180 after all, 59mins still at 0%...
My E2140 @ 2.8ghz usually gets somewhere between 800-1000PPD.
For Sale: MSI Z97 SLI Plus, Corsair DDR3 2000, Noctua NH-U12P
$0.00 (USD) or best offer
SG13B
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 6GB G.SKILL NS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate ST3000DM001 3TB Window 10 Monoprice 144hz ??? 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone SG13B-Q Zowie FK1 http://www.slothesports.com/ Beyerdynamic DT990 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Numark NPM5 Sennheiser PC 31-II CH Products Combatstick 568 Joystick Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B 
  hide details  
Reply
For Sale: MSI Z97 SLI Plus, Corsair DDR3 2000, Noctua NH-U12P
$0.00 (USD) or best offer
SG13B
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790K Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 Mini 6GB G.SKILL NS Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Seagate ST3000DM001 3TB Window 10 Monoprice 144hz ??? 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Silverstone SG13B-Q Zowie FK1 http://www.slothesports.com/ Beyerdynamic DT990 
AudioAudioOtherOther
Numark NPM5 Sennheiser PC 31-II CH Products Combatstick 568 Joystick Scythe BIG Shuriken 2 Rev. B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #933 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcranfield View Post
In a sense you are right. We do need to prove our consistency. We've had some big folders and lost some big folders along the way, but our numbers continue to grow. It seems like when we lose a big folder, they are replaced by a lot of little guys that make a huge differnce.
But I have to ask as I don't know the answer. How long did it take you guys to make top 20? We were right at a year, and it looks like we will be number 15 in a month.
Then the real hard work starts for us.
Well, before GPU2, folding was slow going; and was alot more expensive to get a farm going. And before Quad cores?? Sheesh. You guys came about at a really good time
GENE VII
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CORE I7 920 ASUS P6X58D Premium EVGA GTX 560 ti Corsair GT 1866 (TR3X6G1866C7GTF) X3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 240GB SATA (2.5") Stock Cooler / Need to mount a RAD and then I'l... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 DELL 2408 WFP X2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
STEELE SERIES 7G / Logitech G13 Corsair TX1000 COOLER MASTER HAF-X 912 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
GENE VII
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CORE I7 920 ASUS P6X58D Premium EVGA GTX 560 ti Corsair GT 1866 (TR3X6G1866C7GTF) X3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 240GB SATA (2.5") Stock Cooler / Need to mount a RAD and then I'l... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 DELL 2408 WFP X2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
STEELE SERIES 7G / Logitech G13 Corsair TX1000 COOLER MASTER HAF-X 912 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #934 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmist View Post
My E2140 @ 2.8ghz usually gets somewhere between 800-1000PPD.
Well the E2180 is running on a crappy ASRock mobo and I have to link FSB & PCI-E in the bios if I want it to get past 2.2GHz, else no POST. And let's just say I'm not too confident doing this to the HD4850. But anyway got it to work now, just takes 1h10 for 1%, cya in 4 days
Main Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 6850K Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming EVGA GTX1080 FTW EVGA GTX1080 FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3333MHz Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB Intel PCIe 750 Series SSD 1.2TB Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell P2715Q Corsair AX1200i Corsair Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 6850K Asus ROG Strix X99 Gaming EVGA GTX1080 FTW EVGA GTX1080 FTW 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB DDR4 3333MHz Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB Intel PCIe 750 Series SSD 1.2TB Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell P2715Q Corsair AX1200i Corsair Obsidian 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #935 of 1792
honestly i could care less i fold because i can.I as a child grew up with a cousin who had MS and CP .HE was the Jerrys kids telethon poster child one year back in the late 70's. He went on to graduate HS (was not supposed to live to 25) at age 30 and is still alive living assisted on his own with a job and a long term girlfriend .I never thought of him as different even tho he had 12 fingers and toes and had a hard time walking he is my cousin and my friend .If i can help future children not have to go threw what he did (he explained a lot of it to me when i was 18 and he was 25) and the pain he has had and does to this day its worth it to just fold because i can

He to this day even as a adult in his mid 40's is my hero for all that he has suffered and overcome to just LIVE
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Qx9770 @ 4.00 link/sync EVGA 790I Ultra P10 Bios EVGA GTX480SC SLI Mushkin 8 GB DDR3 1600 link/sync 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD VelociRaptor/WD 320 Samsung Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Samsung 2463UW/2493HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg Corsair Hx1000 Antec 1200 Logitech Trackaball 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Qx9770 @ 4.00 link/sync EVGA 790I Ultra P10 Bios EVGA GTX480SC SLI Mushkin 8 GB DDR3 1600 link/sync 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD VelociRaptor/WD 320 Samsung Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Samsung 2463UW/2493HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg Corsair Hx1000 Antec 1200 Logitech Trackaball 
  hide details  
Reply
post #936 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarble View Post
dont say that. its is nice to talk to people from the other teams
I agree 100%. Actually a few of you guys have wandered into the EVGA Folding Forum, and have been welcomed there like brothers (choke, hack).
Up until recently we have been so into our teams rise past others we never noticed who we were passing. Now that things have slowed and we can actually see our competition and know names in the groups, it makes it far more interesting and adds to the fun of it. We have only respect for your team and hope to be in your shoes someday looking at the upstarts who want to pass us up.
Now who would that be? Oh yea, nobody is on our tail.
post #937 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by ßÃöHÃ…ZÃ…RD§pëRM View Post
honestly i could care less i fold because i can.I as a child grew up with a cousin who had MS and CP .HE was the Jerrys kids telethon poster child one year back in the late 70's. He went on to graduate HS (was not supposed to live to 25) at age 30 and is still alive living assisted on his own with a job and a long term girlfriend .I never thought of him as different even tho he had 12 fingers and toes and had a hard time walking he is my cousin and my friend .If i can help future children not have to go threw what he did (he explained a lot of it to me when i was 18 and he was 25) and the pain he has had and does to this day its worth it to just fold because i can

He to this day even as a adult in his mid 40's is my hero for all that he has suffered and overcome to just LIVE
Thank you for sharing. It's very inspirational when you have someone truly dedicated. Some of us may not have "extreme case scenarios" of why we fold. And actually i'm not sure of a good way to put it. I'll just leave it as that.

For example, I have eczema. So what; it's genetic. That's not why I fold. But I fold for the better good. For any genetic problems, abnormalities.
All in all, the knowledge that can be gained from this project is nearly limitless; Because once you have one breakthrough, it is followed by many others.

I'm not going to turn this into another why I fold thread; but I just wanted to thank you for your contribution. I have that thread linked in my SIG.

And I want any other teams to know, I'm not dishing out personal insults.

Smack is smack. It fires people up. I won't talk about anyone's Mom, there dog; etc. No low blows.

I don't wish EVGA to lower there PPD. Quite the opposite. I just want OCN to increase theirs

If we continue to raise the bar on both sides, we'll just be increasing the work that is being done. That's better for the cause right??


So, that being said. FOLD on for the cure!
GENE VII
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CORE I7 920 ASUS P6X58D Premium EVGA GTX 560 ti Corsair GT 1866 (TR3X6G1866C7GTF) X3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 240GB SATA (2.5") Stock Cooler / Need to mount a RAD and then I'l... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 DELL 2408 WFP X2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
STEELE SERIES 7G / Logitech G13 Corsair TX1000 COOLER MASTER HAF-X 912 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
GENE VII
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CORE I7 920 ASUS P6X58D Premium EVGA GTX 560 ti Corsair GT 1866 (TR3X6G1866C7GTF) X3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 240GB SATA (2.5") Stock Cooler / Need to mount a RAD and then I'l... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 DELL 2408 WFP X2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
STEELE SERIES 7G / Logitech G13 Corsair TX1000 COOLER MASTER HAF-X 912 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #938 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by gre0481 View Post
Well, before GPU2, folding was slow going; and was alot more expensive to get a farm going. And before Quad cores?? Sheesh. You guys came about at a really good time
We like to keep that in perspective. The points are all relative. If you were folding before the GPU2 came out, so was everyone else, so the rate of rise through the ranks would have been the same as us, even though the points would have been less.
But you are right. We did sart at about the right time. I actually started before the GPU2 came out and tied up every computers CPU I could get my hands on. Even if it was an old P4 that cranked out a whopping 400 PPD. The Dell I was folding on I ran 3dMark06 just to see how it would do. I scored about 800 (eight hundred). I had two older Sony Vaios tied up when my girls were home from college, my personal laptop, and 2 other home computers with an AMD 4800+ and an E6850. 4000 PPD was a treat, but not sustainable.
post #939 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by gre0481 View Post
Thank you for sharing. It's very inspirational when you have someone truly dedicated. Some of us may not have "extreme case scenarios" of why we fold. And actually i'm not sure of a good way to put it. I'll just leave it as that.

For example, I have eczema. So what; it's genetic. That's not why I fold. But I fold for the better good. For any genetic problems, abnormalities.
All in all, the knowledge that can be gained from this project is nearly limitless; Because once you have one breakthrough, it is followed by many others.

I'm not going to turn this into another why I fold thread; but I just wanted to thank you for your contribution. I have that thread linked in my SIG.

And I want any other teams to know, I'm not dishing out personal insults.

Smack is smack. It fires people up. I won't talk about anyone's Mom, there dog; etc. No low blows.

I don't wish EVGA to lower there PPD. Quite the opposite. I just want OCN to increase theirs

If we continue to raise the bar on both sides, we'll just be increasing the work that is being done. That's better for the cause right??


So, that being said. FOLD on for the cure!
Well said, my friend. And THAT is exactly why we are intruding on your forum. I don't think any of us has crossed the line in smack. It really looks more like encouragement with an edge to it to me. You all are welcome in our forum as well. If you haven't checked us out, come on over and visit a while. We don't bite. In fact we have an unspoken 'no flame' policy.
Edited by rcranfield - 2/23/09 at 3:57pm
post #940 of 1792
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcranfield View Post
Well said, my friend. And THAT is exactly why we are intruding on your forum. I don't think any of us has crossed the line in smack. It really looks more like encouragement with an edge to it to me. You all are welcome in our forum as well. If you haven't checked us out, come on over and visit a while. We don't bite. In fact we have an unspoken 'no flame' policy.
It's a welcome intrusion. It was just a raz I'm sure you'll find plenty of helpful info on here as well. This isn't the only forum I view; but it has become my home forum Unfortunately right now OCN seems to be the only one I have exclusive access to. I'm currently deployed, and I think someone who sets up our firewall has an affinity for OCN (Knock on Wood).

My wife is currently hooking up her rig as I speak. She's just moved into our new apartment. I told her it's a priority to get it up and running. Hopefully my rig will be out of storage tomorrow.

I started folding on an AMD 3500+. It was rather weak And my Turion 62 (I forget their naming scheme), had it's death aided by folding That an HP's battery issues from a year ago But I reckon my VAIO at 2ghz will join the fold as well. At least this one is a dual core
GENE VII
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CORE I7 920 ASUS P6X58D Premium EVGA GTX 560 ti Corsair GT 1866 (TR3X6G1866C7GTF) X3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 240GB SATA (2.5") Stock Cooler / Need to mount a RAD and then I'l... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 DELL 2408 WFP X2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
STEELE SERIES 7G / Logitech G13 Corsair TX1000 COOLER MASTER HAF-X 912 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
GENE VII
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
CORE I7 920 ASUS P6X58D Premium EVGA GTX 560 ti Corsair GT 1866 (TR3X6G1866C7GTF) X3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SAMSUNG 840 EVO 240GB SATA (2.5") Stock Cooler / Need to mount a RAD and then I'l... Windows 7 Ultimate 64 DELL 2408 WFP X2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
STEELE SERIES 7G / Logitech G13 Corsair TX1000 COOLER MASTER HAF-X 912 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Overclock.net Folding@Home Team
Overclock.net › Forums › Overclockers Care › Overclock.net Folding@Home Team › We must outdo EVGA!