Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia 3d Vision + 3d Surround Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Nvidia 3d Vision + 3d Surround Club - Page 11

post #101 of 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanicy View Post
the 197.75 display drivers are the same as 197.45 but with added 4XSLI support and added support for the Beta APB. You will indeed need the 197.45 3D Vision drivers, but you already figured that out. I am sure the GTX400 serries of cards will use different drivers than the ones for the 200 or 9 serries...

I am still patiently waiting for a new display and 3D driver. I want my browser 3D plug-in and windowed support. I hate the fact you have to run a app in fullscreen to get the 3D driver to work...

Funny thing is, Nvidia tells you that, for the GTX 470/480, you need the 197.41 version of both the Geforce graphics drivers and 3D Vision drivers. They even tell you this on the download page for the 197.45 3D Vision driver. Strangely, the 197.75 GTX 480 driver package also installs a 197.75 3D Vision driver, but it doesn't work. Very odd situation there.

Nvidia doesn't list any changes or fixes between 197.41 and 197.75 other than the SLI stuff, but for some reason, my 480 fan runs noticeably slower/quieter with the newer driver. I thought I must have been imagining it, but I tried loading the same scene and settings in Oblivion back-to-back, and giving it the same warm-up time, there's a clear difference in fan speed. It also doesn't resort to crazily-high speeds as quickly in dynamic conditions. Maybe they changed the auto fan profile or something.

FWIW I'm using TrSSAA, and this setting produces HUGE load on the card in sprite-heavy games like Oblivion. I read that Nvidia made a significant change to how transparency AA performed with a driver update before the 480 was released, so I wonder if they might have tweaked something here in the latest version.

Why are you waiting for a new driver? Are you talking about windowed S3D support? What apps do you have in mind?
Late Apex
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 3.8GHz (3001A780) Asus P6X58D EVGA GTX 480 3x2GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C7D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Alienware AW2310 Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
Late Apex
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 3.8GHz (3001A780) Asus P6X58D EVGA GTX 480 3x2GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C7D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Alienware AW2310 Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #102 of 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanicy View Post
the 197.75 display drivers are the same as 197.45 but with added 4XSLI support and added support for the Beta APB. You will indeed need the 197.45 3D Vision drivers, but you already figured that out. I am sure the GTX400 serries of cards will use different drivers than the ones for the 200 or 9 serries...

I am still patiently waiting for a new display and 3D driver. I want my browser 3D plug-in and windowed support. I hate the fact you have to run a app in fullscreen to get the 3D driver to work...
I completely agree it does suck that it has to be in fullscreen.

Also, Cooliris is a plugin for Firefox that allows you to few picture galleries ie: facebook and view them in 3d. Not the pics themselves but the interface is in 3d.
Perpetual debt
(15 items)
 
Money Pit
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro PNY GTX 480 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 Coolit Freezone Elite Win7 Ultimate Samsung 2233rz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Antec Server case Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Logitech 5.1 Surround Tritton AX PC Pro 5.1 Surround Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q6600 @ 3.9ghz (433x9) EVGA 780i FTW evga 8200gs 512mb  4x2gb Corsair XMS TwinX 866mhz @ 5-5-5-5-18 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 750gb Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 RAID0 5x 1.5tb Seagate Baracuda 7200.11 RAID5 LITE-ON 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate x64 22" Acer x223w Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
APEVIA MX-ALIEN Razer Deathadder Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Triton AX Pro PC 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 surround sound. 
  hide details  
Reply
Perpetual debt
(15 items)
 
Money Pit
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro PNY GTX 480 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 Coolit Freezone Elite Win7 Ultimate Samsung 2233rz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Antec Server case Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Logitech 5.1 Surround Tritton AX PC Pro 5.1 Surround Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q6600 @ 3.9ghz (433x9) EVGA 780i FTW evga 8200gs 512mb  4x2gb Corsair XMS TwinX 866mhz @ 5-5-5-5-18 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 750gb Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 RAID0 5x 1.5tb Seagate Baracuda 7200.11 RAID5 LITE-ON 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate x64 22" Acer x223w Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
APEVIA MX-ALIEN Razer Deathadder Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Triton AX Pro PC 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 surround sound. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #103 of 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype7 View Post
Funny thing is, Nvidia tells you that, for the GTX 470/480, you need the 197.41 version of both the Geforce graphics drivers and 3D Vision drivers. They even tell you this on the download page for the 197.45 3D Vision driver. Strangely, the 197.75 GTX 480 driver package also installs a 197.75 3D Vision driver, but it doesn't work. Very odd situation there.

Nvidia doesn't list any changes or fixes between 197.41 and 197.75 other than the SLI stuff, but for some reason, my 480 fan runs noticeably slower/quieter with the newer driver. I thought I must have been imagining it, but I tried loading the same scene and settings in Oblivion back-to-back, and giving it the same warm-up time, there's a clear difference in fan speed. It also doesn't resort to crazily-high speeds as quickly in dynamic conditions. Maybe they changed the auto fan profile or something.

FWIW I'm using TrSSAA, and this setting produces HUGE load on the card in sprite-heavy games like Oblivion. I read that Nvidia made a significant change to how transparency AA performed with a driver update before the 480 was released, so I wonder if they might have tweaked something here in the latest version.

Why are you waiting for a new driver? Are you talking about windowed S3D support? What apps do you have in mind?
IE and Mozilla are supposed to be getting a plug-in as well with the driver update so we can watch youtube and any other websites that has 3D content in a window. Right now I have to download every movie from youtube to watch it in 3D. Also the new driver is supposed to add 3D Blu-ray support. I have CyberLink PDVD 10 Ultra and need my this update for my 3D Blu-ray...

On the driver note, I haven't updated yet from 197.45 but did you unplug the emitter and plug it back in after the driver install? I know after I installed my 3D driver I had to either restart my PC or unplug the emitter to get the driver to install properly.

edit:
Quote:
I completely agree it does suck that it has to be in fullscreen.

Also, Cooliris is a plugin for Firefox that allows you to few picture galleries ie: facebook and view them in 3d. Not the pics themselves but the interface is in 3d.
I need to check that one out. Don't have a Facebook though does it work for all sites in general or just a few? Can't wait for the actual 3D Vision plug-in, should work for all sites that have 3D content wether it be anaglyph, side/side, over/under. The plug-in should take the content and convert it for our glasses, can't find the damn link now though that talked about it...
Edited by Seanicy - 5/13/10 at 9:51am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@ 4.0Ghz 1.465v MSI 790FX-GD70 Palit GTX480 OCZ AMD BE 1600Mhz 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 32GB SSD/WD Blue 500GB/ 1TB External SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Mitsubishi WD-60735 60", 3D Ready! w/3D Vision 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish Bluetooth Corsair HX 850w Modular NZXT Tempest, Clear Side, 2 Yate Loon's/ 4 CM R4 RocketFish Bluetooth 
Mouse Pad
Don't need one works on any surface 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@ 4.0Ghz 1.465v MSI 790FX-GD70 Palit GTX480 OCZ AMD BE 1600Mhz 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 32GB SSD/WD Blue 500GB/ 1TB External SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Mitsubishi WD-60735 60", 3D Ready! w/3D Vision 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish Bluetooth Corsair HX 850w Modular NZXT Tempest, Clear Side, 2 Yate Loon's/ 4 CM R4 RocketFish Bluetooth 
Mouse Pad
Don't need one works on any surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #104 of 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanicy View Post
IE and Mozilla are supposed to be getting a plug-in as well with the driver update so we can watch youtube and any other websites that has 3D content in a window. Right now I have to download every movie from youtube to watch it in 3D. Also the new driver is supposed to add 3D Blu-ray support. I have CyberLink PDVD 10 Ultra and need my this update for my 3D Blu-ray...

On the driver note, I haven't updated yet from 197.45 but did you unplug the emitter and plug it back in after the driver install? I know after I installed my 3D driver I had to either restart my PC or unplug the emitter to get the driver to install properly.
That happens from time to time... Hell soemtimes I have to plug it into a different USB port :-/
Perpetual debt
(15 items)
 
Money Pit
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro PNY GTX 480 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 Coolit Freezone Elite Win7 Ultimate Samsung 2233rz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Antec Server case Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Logitech 5.1 Surround Tritton AX PC Pro 5.1 Surround Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q6600 @ 3.9ghz (433x9) EVGA 780i FTW evga 8200gs 512mb  4x2gb Corsair XMS TwinX 866mhz @ 5-5-5-5-18 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 750gb Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 RAID0 5x 1.5tb Seagate Baracuda 7200.11 RAID5 LITE-ON 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate x64 22" Acer x223w Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
APEVIA MX-ALIEN Razer Deathadder Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Triton AX Pro PC 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 surround sound. 
  hide details  
Reply
Perpetual debt
(15 items)
 
Money Pit
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro PNY GTX 480 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 Coolit Freezone Elite Win7 Ultimate Samsung 2233rz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Antec Server case Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Logitech 5.1 Surround Tritton AX PC Pro 5.1 Surround Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q6600 @ 3.9ghz (433x9) EVGA 780i FTW evga 8200gs 512mb  4x2gb Corsair XMS TwinX 866mhz @ 5-5-5-5-18 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 750gb Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 RAID0 5x 1.5tb Seagate Baracuda 7200.11 RAID5 LITE-ON 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate x64 22" Acer x223w Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
APEVIA MX-ALIEN Razer Deathadder Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Triton AX Pro PC 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 surround sound. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #105 of 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by KusH View Post
That happens from time to time... Hell soemtimes I have to plug it into a different USB port :-/
That is weird, different port? Crazy, never had that happen yet *fingers crossed* I always unplug the USB from the emitter give it a sec to disconnect then connect it back up and it does it's thing...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@ 4.0Ghz 1.465v MSI 790FX-GD70 Palit GTX480 OCZ AMD BE 1600Mhz 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 32GB SSD/WD Blue 500GB/ 1TB External SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Mitsubishi WD-60735 60", 3D Ready! w/3D Vision 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish Bluetooth Corsair HX 850w Modular NZXT Tempest, Clear Side, 2 Yate Loon's/ 4 CM R4 RocketFish Bluetooth 
Mouse Pad
Don't need one works on any surface 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@ 4.0Ghz 1.465v MSI 790FX-GD70 Palit GTX480 OCZ AMD BE 1600Mhz 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 32GB SSD/WD Blue 500GB/ 1TB External SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Mitsubishi WD-60735 60", 3D Ready! w/3D Vision 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish Bluetooth Corsair HX 850w Modular NZXT Tempest, Clear Side, 2 Yate Loon's/ 4 CM R4 RocketFish Bluetooth 
Mouse Pad
Don't need one works on any surface 
  hide details  
Reply
post #106 of 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanicy View Post
IE and Mozilla are supposed to be getting a plug-in as well with the driver update so we can watch youtube and any other websites that has 3D content in a window. Right now I have to download every movie from youtube to watch it in 3D. Also the new driver is supposed to add 3D Blu-ray support. I have CyberLink PDVD 10 Ultra and need my this update for my 3D Blu-ray...
I'm definitely interested in the 3D Blu-ray support. I have Power DVD 10 since it came with my Pioneer Blu-ray writer, but I haven't even used it yet. I need to look into that. I haven't had time to look for 3D content - so there's 3D video on youtube now?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanicy View Post
On the driver note, I haven't updated yet from 197.45 but did you unplug the emitter and plug it back in after the driver install? I know after I installed my 3D driver I had to either restart my PC or unplug the emitter to get the driver to install properly.
Yeah, I tried that too, but no luck.

If I try to use the USB controller with the broken driver that gets installed with the 197.75 GTX 480 driver, there is actually no driver installed at the OS level, and it never recognizes the device. If I install the 197.45 3D Vision driver after installing the 197.75 480 driver, but without first uninstalling the bundled 197.75 3D Vision software, the controller will only function the first time during the setup wizard. After that, it will no longer switch to S3D mode, though the controller appears to be installed correctly in Device Manager. And then after an OS restart, I get an error that the driver installation failed and the USB device is unrecognized. Tried disconnecting/reconnecting at this point multiple times with no luck - the OS simply doesn't have the driver association in this situation.

What a tedious problem to describe! Bottom line, the only way that does work to get the latest 197.75 480 driver with the 197.45 3D Vision driver is if you uninstall the "NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver" from the Programs and Features control panel after installing the 480 driver, and before installing the 3D Vision driver. I've rebooted several times already, and no problems recognizing the controller so far.
Late Apex
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 3.8GHz (3001A780) Asus P6X58D EVGA GTX 480 3x2GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C7D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Alienware AW2310 Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
Late Apex
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 3.8GHz (3001A780) Asus P6X58D EVGA GTX 480 3x2GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C7D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Alienware AW2310 Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #107 of 3476
I've been playing Oblivion with 3D Vision. Though the engine clearly wasn't optimized for this technology, in scenes with a lot of depth, the 3D effect is amazing. Looking at the face of another character at a short distance, especially when they're talking, the perspective works perfectly to produce a real sense of depth. I actually thought the facial animation would probably be a weak point for 3D Vision, but it's really a major strength.

Anyway, the biggest problem I've noticed is the crosshair. I know the 3D Vision driver can put its own crosshair in the center, but in Oblivion, the crosshair also indicates what action you can take on an object. So disabling it isn't really an option. Does anybody know of any way to adjust the crosshair rendering depth? I know it's a longshot, but figured I'd ask.
Late Apex
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 3.8GHz (3001A780) Asus P6X58D EVGA GTX 480 3x2GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C7D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Alienware AW2310 Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
Late Apex
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 3.8GHz (3001A780) Asus P6X58D EVGA GTX 480 3x2GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C7D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Alienware AW2310 Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #108 of 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype7 View Post
I've been playing Oblivion with 3D Vision. Though the engine clearly wasn't optimized for this technology, in scenes with a lot of depth, the 3D effect is amazing. Looking at the face of another character at a short distance, especially when they're talking, the perspective works perfectly to produce a real sense of depth. I actually thought the facial animation would probably be a weak point for 3D Vision, but it's really a major strength.

Anyway, the biggest problem I've noticed is the crosshair. I know the 3D Vision driver can put its own crosshair in the center, but in Oblivion, the crosshair also indicates what action you can take on an object. So disabling it isn't really an option. Does anybody know of any way to adjust the crosshair rendering depth? I know it's a longshot, but figured I'd ask.
Probably not, I had the same issue with Counter-Strike:Source, the crosshair renders in 2d, and you can't focus on things far down a map, you are either looking at the crosshair or at the object in the distance and it REALLY messes you up.

Unfortunately, the 3d crosshair doesn't even work in css so I just don't play it in 3d.

As for Oblivion I'm not sure because I've never played the game but its something probably similar to css in this case.
Perpetual debt
(15 items)
 
Money Pit
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro PNY GTX 480 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 Coolit Freezone Elite Win7 Ultimate Samsung 2233rz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Antec Server case Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Logitech 5.1 Surround Tritton AX PC Pro 5.1 Surround Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q6600 @ 3.9ghz (433x9) EVGA 780i FTW evga 8200gs 512mb  4x2gb Corsair XMS TwinX 866mhz @ 5-5-5-5-18 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 750gb Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 RAID0 5x 1.5tb Seagate Baracuda 7200.11 RAID5 LITE-ON 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate x64 22" Acer x223w Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
APEVIA MX-ALIEN Razer Deathadder Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Triton AX Pro PC 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 surround sound. 
  hide details  
Reply
Perpetual debt
(15 items)
 
Money Pit
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k Asus P8P67 Pro PNY GTX 480 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 3 Coolit Freezone Elite Win7 Ultimate Samsung 2233rz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Antec Server case Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Logitech 5.1 Surround Tritton AX PC Pro 5.1 Surround Headset 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel q6600 @ 3.9ghz (433x9) EVGA 780i FTW evga 8200gs 512mb  4x2gb Corsair XMS TwinX 866mhz @ 5-5-5-5-18 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 750gb Seagate Baracuda 7200.12 RAID0 5x 1.5tb Seagate Baracuda 7200.11 RAID5 LITE-ON 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Corsair H70 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 Ultimate x64 22" Acer x223w Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
APEVIA MX-ALIEN Razer Deathadder Thermaltake LCD Mousepad Triton AX Pro PC 
Audio
Logitech 5.1 surround sound. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #109 of 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by KusH View Post
Probably not, I had the same issue with Counter-Strike:Source, the crosshair renders in 2d, and you can't focus on things far down a map, you are either looking at the crosshair or at the object in the distance and it REALLY messes you up.

Unfortunately, the 3d crosshair doesn't even work in css so I just don't play it in 3d.

As for Oblivion I'm not sure because I've never played the game but its something probably similar to css in this case.

Yeah, that's what the crosshair is like in Oblivion. I didn't consider that it would need to render at whatever depth you're focusing in the scene. I guess the 3D Vision built-in "laser crosshair" must dynamically choose a depth based on the current scene, i.e. depth at the center point. A static depth won't fix this issue.

I found a few old threads where people were adjusting convergence and separation to get better depth in Oblivion. I'm going to try messing around with that as well.

I want to get a newer game that was actually designed for S3D. Still need to try rFactor and iRacing too.
Late Apex
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 3.8GHz (3001A780) Asus P6X58D EVGA GTX 480 3x2GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C7D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Alienware AW2310 Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
Late Apex
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 3.8GHz (3001A780) Asus P6X58D EVGA GTX 480 3x2GB Corsair TR3X6G1600C7D 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel X25-M G2 160GB SSD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Alienware AW2310 Enermax Galaxy Evo 1250W 
Case
CM Storm Sniper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #110 of 3476
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype7 View Post
Yeah, that's what the crosshair is like in Oblivion. I didn't consider that it would need to render at whatever depth you're focusing in the scene. I guess the 3D Vision built-in "laser crosshair" must dynamically choose a depth based on the current scene, i.e. depth at the center point. A static depth won't fix this issue.

I found a few old threads where people were adjusting convergence and separation to get better depth in Oblivion. I'm going to try messing around with that as well.

I want to get a newer game that was actually designed for S3D. Still need to try rFactor and iRacing too.
Yeah L4D2 has the same issue with the 2D crosshair...As for youtube check here

I really reccomend you to install CyberLink PDVD 10 Ultra just for the ability to stick a DVD in your drive and press the 3D button to convert the movie you chose into 3D. Since it's a standard DVD the quality isn't going to be great per say cause it has to be in full screen(another reson why we need windowed 3D support) Once the update for 3D Blu-ray hits then we will be able to convert any Blu-ray into 3D with a push of a button...

edit: if you don't own the Avatar PC game I really suggest you go out and buy it. Mine I bought off of a member here but now it comes bundled with the 3D Vision kit. Avatar has it's own native 3D support and does not use the Nvidia driver exclusively...Just select 3D Vision in the games menu, turn up 3D intensity and your set to have a blast. That game has so much depth and the pop out is like no other...
Edited by Seanicy - 5/14/10 at 6:22am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@ 4.0Ghz 1.465v MSI 790FX-GD70 Palit GTX480 OCZ AMD BE 1600Mhz 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 32GB SSD/WD Blue 500GB/ 1TB External SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Mitsubishi WD-60735 60", 3D Ready! w/3D Vision 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish Bluetooth Corsair HX 850w Modular NZXT Tempest, Clear Side, 2 Yate Loon's/ 4 CM R4 RocketFish Bluetooth 
Mouse Pad
Don't need one works on any surface 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@ 4.0Ghz 1.465v MSI 790FX-GD70 Palit GTX480 OCZ AMD BE 1600Mhz 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 32GB SSD/WD Blue 500GB/ 1TB External SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Mitsubishi WD-60735 60", 3D Ready! w/3D Vision 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish Bluetooth Corsair HX 850w Modular NZXT Tempest, Clear Side, 2 Yate Loon's/ 4 CM R4 RocketFish Bluetooth 
Mouse Pad
Don't need one works on any surface 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › [Official] Nvidia 3d Vision + 3d Surround Club