Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › The "Official" ATI HD4670 Owners Thread: Club 4670
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "Official" ATI HD4670 Owners Thread: Club 4670 - Page 13

post #121 of 574
I currently have a Powercolor 4670 1Gb version and it runs well, I am actually selling it so no mad overclocking from me, but ive got it running at 800/850 and it will run far cry 2 max settings 0xAA @1280x1024 with an FPS of around 45 so highly playable, even with the ingame daytime!! it'll pump out a playable crysis on medium settings with some AA as well!
post #122 of 574
i dont know how i am, i think it is a bios thing, my asus is limited to 900 core and 1200 memory in CCC and can almost run those stably, what catalyst are you using? But yeah it does a pretty nice job of farcry 2
Edited by Bkpizza - 6/15/09 at 11:47pm
post #123 of 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkpizza View Post
i dont know how i am, i think it is a bios thing, my asus is limited to 900 core and 1200 memory in CCC and can almost run those stably, what catalyst are you using? But yeah it does a pretty nice job of farcry 2
Thats basically the highest mine would go, but it didn't like it. It seemed uber stable ingame, but not on desktop
Wee Beasty
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme4 HD6870 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB+250GB+160GB+120GB Generic DVD/RW Arctic Freezer Extreme Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 19" Wide Screen Samsung 51" Plasma Generic Cooler Master GX 400w 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Centurion Trust Laser Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Wee Beasty
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme4 HD6870 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB+250GB+160GB+120GB Generic DVD/RW Arctic Freezer Extreme Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 19" Wide Screen Samsung 51" Plasma Generic Cooler Master GX 400w 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Centurion Trust Laser Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #124 of 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbs View Post
dunno how you guys are getting your memory so high CCC limits mine to 973 and in rivatuner i can stabily overclock to around 1050
Yours is DDR2, its slower.
Wee Beasty
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme4 HD6870 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB+250GB+160GB+120GB Generic DVD/RW Arctic Freezer Extreme Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 19" Wide Screen Samsung 51" Plasma Generic Cooler Master GX 400w 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Centurion Trust Laser Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Wee Beasty
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme4 HD6870 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB+250GB+160GB+120GB Generic DVD/RW Arctic Freezer Extreme Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 19" Wide Screen Samsung 51" Plasma Generic Cooler Master GX 400w 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Centurion Trust Laser Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #125 of 574
Quote:
Thats basically the highest mine would go, but it didn't like it. It seemed uber stable ingame, but not on desktop
Yeah it is sort of stable, but i did not have the desktop problem, sounds interesting though
post #126 of 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkpizza View Post
Yeah it is sort of stable, but i did not have the desktop problem, sounds interesting though
Until I have a new mobo to run my E5200 properly, I'm uber bottlenecked, so I'm not sure yet what sort of grunt my card can give with a good cpu behind it.

FarCry 2 ultra settings at 20fps ain't bad though for a proc stuck at 1.25Ghz
Wee Beasty
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme4 HD6870 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB+250GB+160GB+120GB Generic DVD/RW Arctic Freezer Extreme Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 19" Wide Screen Samsung 51" Plasma Generic Cooler Master GX 400w 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Centurion Trust Laser Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Wee Beasty
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme4 HD6870 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB+250GB+160GB+120GB Generic DVD/RW Arctic Freezer Extreme Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 19" Wide Screen Samsung 51" Plasma Generic Cooler Master GX 400w 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Centurion Trust Laser Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #127 of 574
Hey yeah, whats with that? Is the board too crappy to run it at full speed? but that is a good effort on farcry2. could that possibly be why you can clock the card up to 900/1200? because it might be so bottlenecked that the card is never actually stressed? anyway just thinking
Edited by Bkpizza - 6/19/09 at 7:31pm
post #128 of 574
add me
post #129 of 574
Just got my sapphire 4670 last weekend. great little card for the money, night and day coming from an old X300. benching around 8000 in 3DMARK06 with my sig rig.

Just a couple of points,
I only manged get 820/950 stable, does that seem kinda low?
The card didn't come with any tabs for the bridge connectors needed for xfire, i probably wont ever use the card in xfire but i feel i got gypped as it says its a xfire compatible card on the box.
Also there were none of the cables described on the outside of the box included
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9505 @ 3.6GHz - 1.36v Asus P5Q Deluxe Saphire HD 4890 1GB (920/1130) 6GB Corsair XMS2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 1TB Caviar Black Samsung Blue-ray Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SAMSUNG P2350 23' (1080p) + Soniq 17' (1440x900) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic logitech Corsair HX750W Antec Ninehundred Two Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
generic 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9505 @ 3.6GHz - 1.36v Asus P5Q Deluxe Saphire HD 4890 1GB (920/1130) 6GB Corsair XMS2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 1TB Caviar Black Samsung Blue-ray Windows 7 ultimate 64bit SAMSUNG P2350 23' (1080p) + Soniq 17' (1440x900) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
generic logitech Corsair HX750W Antec Ninehundred Two Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
generic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #130 of 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkpizza View Post
Hey yeah, whats with that? Is the board too crappy to run it at full speed? but that is a good effort on farcry2. could that possibly be why you can clock the card up to 900/1200? because it might be so bottlenecked that the card is never actually stressed? anyway just thinking
My chipset should be able too read the multiplier, but it never got a BIOS update, and I didn't pay attention

New board coming 'eventually' when my woman stops farting all my cash away.



Alexhughes, be more specific lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by parko View Post
Just got my sapphire 4670 last weekend. great little card for the money, night and day coming from an old X300. benching around 8000 in 3DMARK06 with my sig rig.

Just a couple of points,
I only manged get 820/950 stable, does that seem kinda low?
The card didn't come with any tabs for the bridge connectors needed for xfire, i probably wont ever use the card in xfire but i feel i got gypped as it says its a xfire compatible card on the box.
Also there were none of the cables described on the outside of the box included
Speed seems about medium were most people are getting, some won't budge at all, and a few clock like crazy. Just luck of the draw and a good fiddle.

(I didn't get any cables or adaptors at all either).
Wee Beasty
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme4 HD6870 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB+250GB+160GB+120GB Generic DVD/RW Arctic Freezer Extreme Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 19" Wide Screen Samsung 51" Plasma Generic Cooler Master GX 400w 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Centurion Trust Laser Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Wee Beasty
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme4 HD6870 1GB 2x4GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB+250GB+160GB+120GB Generic DVD/RW Arctic Freezer Extreme Win7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Samsung 19" Wide Screen Samsung 51" Plasma Generic Cooler Master GX 400w 
CaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Centurion Trust Laser Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › The "Official" ATI HD4670 Owners Thread: Club 4670