Originally Posted by onoz
Newb overclocker here... I've been trying to go through as many posts as I can so that I don't repeat questions, but I have a few that are still unanswered:
1. What's the difference between upping the CPU-NB voltage and upping NB voltage?
2. I've noticed that people can up their CPU-NB by increments of .01, but mine goes up in increments of .025. Is there something I have to do to change this?
3. Which Prime95 test is best? I've been using the small FFT for stability testing. Is this wrong?
4. Is it better to OC using the reference clock with lower multiplier, or just upping the multiplier? When I say better, I mean is it better for overall stability?
5. My RAM is at 800 and my MoBo supports only up to "DDR2 1200/1066 --
Whether 1200 MHz memory speed is supported depends on the CPU being used" so does this mean that I can't get it really that stable past 800?
Thank you in advance!
first things first, don't call yourself a noob, just say your new to OCing. your CPU-NB is...iunno, but it isn't your NB voltage or your CPU voltage. This is okay to go up in .25 increments, mine does too, you can't do anything about it. As for prime 95, all the tests do different things, use blend for general testing. to get your RAM passsed 800, just try using your ref. clock. I also made thise thread, you know most of the stuff, but i explain a bit and it should give you a better knowledge base http://www.overclock.net/amd-cpus/64...ml#post8141259