Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The Truth about Temperatures and Voltages
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Truth about Temperatures and Voltages - Page 39

post #381 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSF-Foxhound View Post
With the i5s/i7s (LGA1156) really benefiting from higher PLLs, there might be a issue with damaging the clock generators.. but I don't care, I've got two!


I'll look some of that stuff up, or ill just ask on XS.
You so crazy...



( could this come down to the difference between QPI and DMI?)
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 3849B018 4420 MHz P6T7 WS GTX295 CoOp HydroCopper 691/1440/1224 Super-Talent Chrome @ 1691 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2*WD3000HLFS RAID0,2*WD1001FALS RAID0,WD1500AHFD GH22LS30 * 2 Windows 7 Pro x64 LG W3000H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 100 Corsair HX1000W Cardboard Box 3000 Death Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 3849B018 4420 MHz P6T7 WS GTX295 CoOp HydroCopper 691/1440/1224 Super-Talent Chrome @ 1691 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2*WD3000HLFS RAID0,2*WD1001FALS RAID0,WD1500AHFD GH22LS30 * 2 Windows 7 Pro x64 LG W3000H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 100 Corsair HX1000W Cardboard Box 3000 Death Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #382 of 599
my EVGA P55 FTW has two clock generators if that's what you were wondering about...



Quote:
Dual Clock Generators
Ensure the best signals
Dual CPU and PCIe clock generators mean you can push this board farther than any other
http://www.evga.com/articles/00502/ftw/

either way, wow. Upping the PLL made my OC much more stable @ 4GHz (191x21 @ 1.411 Vcore)

Anyway, your name.. Is it simply "clock" as in CPU clock rather than "croc"?
Edited by FSF-Foxhound - 11/7/09 at 9:17am
Michael
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.4 @ 1.36 HT OFF ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x SLI EVGA GTX 275 Corsair XMS3 1600MHz CAS8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500 GB WD 7200 RPM + Maxtor 120 GB 2x Sony DVD Burners (24x) Windows 7 RTM x64 ACER 23" 1920x1080 x233h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some crap PS/2 HP keyboard 750 WATT CORSAIR Coolermaster HAF-932 Microsoft Wired Mouse 
Mouse Pad
USA Flag pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Michael
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.4 @ 1.36 HT OFF ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x SLI EVGA GTX 275 Corsair XMS3 1600MHz CAS8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500 GB WD 7200 RPM + Maxtor 120 GB 2x Sony DVD Burners (24x) Windows 7 RTM x64 ACER 23" 1920x1080 x233h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some crap PS/2 HP keyboard 750 WATT CORSAIR Coolermaster HAF-932 Microsoft Wired Mouse 
Mouse Pad
USA Flag pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #383 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSF-Foxhound View Post
my EVGA P55 FTW has two clock generators if that's what you were wondering about...





http://www.evga.com/articles/00502/ftw/

either way, wow. Upping the PLL made my OC much more stable @ 4GHz (191x21 @ 1.411 Vcore)

Anyway, your name.. Is it simply "clock" as in CPU clock rather than "croc"?
Yes!!!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 3849B018 4420 MHz P6T7 WS GTX295 CoOp HydroCopper 691/1440/1224 Super-Talent Chrome @ 1691 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2*WD3000HLFS RAID0,2*WD1001FALS RAID0,WD1500AHFD GH22LS30 * 2 Windows 7 Pro x64 LG W3000H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 100 Corsair HX1000W Cardboard Box 3000 Death Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 3849B018 4420 MHz P6T7 WS GTX295 CoOp HydroCopper 691/1440/1224 Super-Talent Chrome @ 1691 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2*WD3000HLFS RAID0,2*WD1001FALS RAID0,WD1500AHFD GH22LS30 * 2 Windows 7 Pro x64 LG W3000H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 100 Corsair HX1000W Cardboard Box 3000 Death Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #384 of 599
who's the idiot, me? (I hope not!)

[14:19:39] ARavenousChimp:
what mobo ?
[14:19:40] axfox:
haha oops, i closed firefox instead of prime95 :C
[14:19:49] nascasho:
Who, me?
[14:19:54] ARavenousChimp:
si amigo's
[14:19:59] nascasho:
Classy
[14:20:06] nascasho:
But had the same OC on an LE
[14:20:07] ARavenousChimp:
Yeah spanish is
[14:20:21] nascasho:
But my personal limit is 1.35 - 1.37V
[14:20:34] axfox:
that's really low
[14:20:39] axfox:
i don't get why you would use that
[14:20:43] ARavenousChimp:
mines the same...
[14:20:46] bomberboysk:
ah
[14:20:52] nascasho:
Even at 1.4V @ 4Ghz I was still getting the BSOD that required mor eVcore
[14:20:53] ARavenousChimp:
I wont go higher than 1.37
[14:20:56] bomberboysk:
i never win anything
[14:21:15] axfox:
giving your cpu too much or too little vcore is bad for it
[14:21:21] nascasho:
I never win anything either
[14:21:23] axfox:
more than it needs*
[14:21:27] bomberboysk:
and when i do its all stupid coolermaster stuff
[14:21:31] nascasho to axfox:
Well duuuuuur
[14:21:35] bomberboysk:
notebook cooling pad, power supply, shirt,
[14:21:43] nascasho:
I want a shirt!!!
[14:21:46] bomberboysk to axfox:
no such thing as too little vcore
[14:21:57] axfox:
well
[14:22:01] bomberboysk to axfox:
lower is better when it comes to vcore
[14:22:04] ARavenousChimp:
I had my Q9550 at 1v
[14:22:11] nascasho:
Damn, really?
[14:22:12] ARavenousChimp:
that was fun...
[14:22:15] ARavenousChimp:
yeah
[14:22:20] bomberboysk to axfox:
heck
[14:22:30] bomberboysk:
nate has his W3520 at what?
[14:22:36] axfox:
uh I'm not talking about that
[14:22:38] bomberboysk:
close to 4ghz iirc and less than 1 volt
[14:22:47] ARavenousChimp:
Lol
[14:22:54] nascasho:
I saw a friggin w3520 or whaever on XS at 1.35V at like 5Ghz!
[14:22:54] axfox:
if your cpu isn't stable cause of having too little vcore its bad fori t
[14:22:57] axfox:
for it*
[14:23:26] ARavenousChimp:
mine was stable at 1v. unstable at 0.966 though
[14:23:34] bomberboysk:
no
[14:23:38] bomberboysk:
its not bad for it
[14:23:43] bomberboysk:
undervolting a cpu wont damage it
[14:23:55] axfox:
1.) Electrical Specification must be satisfied (1.55v for 65nm CPU and 1.45v for 45nm CPU)

2.) Signal Quality must be clear (Overclock must be perfectly stable, GTL lanes may need to be tweaked)

3.) Mechanical specifications met (There is not a physical defect and the insides have not previously been gutted by running 1.9v through it)

4.) Thermal Specifications must be satisfied (The IHS temp must be below Tcase)
bmxjumperc left this room.
[14:24:01] nascasho:
Yeah, how the hell undervoltaing cause dmage?
[14:24:13] axfox:
Criteria for expecting long time reliablity and stability
[14:24:17] nascasho:
I would think it would prevent it
[14:24:23] nascasho:
From intel
[14:24:24] axfox:
I'm not saying undervolting, I NEVER said that
[14:24:26] nascasho:
they speak lies
[14:24:27] axfox:
I said not giving it enough
[14:24:34] bomberboysk:
thats called undervolting
[14:24:40] bomberboysk:
even then it wont damage it
[14:24:43] axfox:
ughh
[14:24:44] bomberboysk:
they are transistors
[14:24:52] bomberboysk:
they cannot be damaged by too little voltage
[14:24:52] axfox:
I SAID NOT GIVING IT ENOUGH
[14:24:55] axfox:
god
[14:24:59] bomberboysk:
i just f*cking siad that
[14:25:02] axfox:
what can't you read?

[14:25:17] bomberboysk:
not giving it enough= too little voltage
[14:25:19] ARavenousChimp:
people who care for stability and relabiltiy and chip longevity dont overclock. me I'm replacing my mobo and cpu within the next year.
[14:25:21] bomberboysk:
it will not damage a chip
[14:25:30] axfox:
if your overclock isn't stable, that's bad for the CPU
[14:25:36] bomberboysk:
haha
[14:25:37] bomberboysk:
noob
[14:25:42] nascasho:
Everyones clock in here is stable
[14:25:56] axfox:
I never said undervolting (which usually refers to undervolting your CPUs stock voltage at stock speeds)
[14:26:12] bomberboysk:
no
[14:26:12] axfox:
And?
I never said any of your clocks aren't stable
[14:26:22] bomberboysk:
undervolting is putting your voltage below spec
[14:26:24] nascasho:
Just sayin...
[14:26:29] bomberboysk:
hence the word UNDER
[14:26:31] bomberboysk:
meaning BELOW
[14:26:42] axfox to bomberboysk:

2.) Signal Quality must be clear (Overclock must be perfectly stable, GTL lanes may need to be tweaked)
[14:26:45] ARavenousChimp:
new topic. I like danishes. my favorite are chrry
[14:26:48] ARavenousChimp:
*cherry
[14:26:49] axfox to bomberboysk:
What don't you understand about that?
[14:26:49] bomberboysk:
lol
[14:26:50] nascasho:
+1
[14:26:55] bomberboysk:
those are lies
[14:26:59] nascasho:
I like chip ahoy
[14:27:01] axfox to bomberboysk:
oh wow
[14:27:02] axfox to bomberboysk:
http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...-voltages.html
[14:27:25] nascasho:
That guy lies because his name has "chicken" in it
[14:27:28] axfox to bomberboysk:
read it before you say anything else stupid.
[14:27:29] nascasho:
SO fail
[14:27:47] bomberboysk:
haha
[14:27:54] axfox to bomberboysk:
aahah wow
[14:27:57] nascasho:
I OC'd to 9000Ghz at 0.999V. What now?
[14:28:03] bomberboysk:
ill go make a post on a random forum and then it becomes true? good to know
[14:28:04] nascasho:
Stable too
[14:28:16] axfox:
stop using memes, they belong in 4chan
[14:28:19] axfox:
not here
[14:28:25] nascasho:
memes?
[14:28:28] bomberboysk:
you know where you belong?
[14:28:29] bomberboysk:
not here
[14:28:31] nascasho:
what a meme?
[14:28:36] axfox to bomberboysk:
yes, over 9000, and whatnot
[14:28:36] bomberboysk:
because nobody likes noobs
[14:28:36] nascasho:
Youyou?
[14:28:46] axfox to bomberboysk:
My my my.
[14:28:49] ARavenousChimp:
maybe he should talk about candlejack for us. aww da
[14:28:54] axfox:
my my.
[14:29:35] nascasho:
So thats a meme?
[14:29:48] nascasho:
Like over 9000 and stuff?
Michael
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.4 @ 1.36 HT OFF ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x SLI EVGA GTX 275 Corsair XMS3 1600MHz CAS8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500 GB WD 7200 RPM + Maxtor 120 GB 2x Sony DVD Burners (24x) Windows 7 RTM x64 ACER 23" 1920x1080 x233h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some crap PS/2 HP keyboard 750 WATT CORSAIR Coolermaster HAF-932 Microsoft Wired Mouse 
Mouse Pad
USA Flag pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Michael
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.4 @ 1.36 HT OFF ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x SLI EVGA GTX 275 Corsair XMS3 1600MHz CAS8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500 GB WD 7200 RPM + Maxtor 120 GB 2x Sony DVD Burners (24x) Windows 7 RTM x64 ACER 23" 1920x1080 x233h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some crap PS/2 HP keyboard 750 WATT CORSAIR Coolermaster HAF-932 Microsoft Wired Mouse 
Mouse Pad
USA Flag pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #385 of 599
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSF-Foxhound View Post
who's the idiot, me? (I hope not!)

[14:19:39] ARavenousChimp:
what mobo ?
[14:19:40] axfox:
haha oops, i closed firefox instead of prime95 :C
[14:19:49] nascasho:
Who, me?
[14:19:54] ARavenousChimp:
si amigo's
[14:19:59] nascasho:
Classy
[14:20:06] nascasho:
But had the same OC on an LE
[14:20:07] ARavenousChimp:
Yeah spanish is
[14:20:21] nascasho:
But my personal limit is 1.35 - 1.37V
[14:20:34] axfox:
that's really low
[14:20:39] axfox:
i don't get why you would use that
[14:20:43] ARavenousChimp:
mines the same...
[14:20:46] bomberboysk:
ah
[14:20:52] nascasho:
Even at 1.4V @ 4Ghz I was still getting the BSOD that required mor eVcore
[14:20:53] ARavenousChimp:
I wont go higher than 1.37
[14:20:56] bomberboysk:
i never win anything
[14:21:15] axfox:
giving your cpu too much or too little vcore is bad for it
[14:21:21] nascasho:
I never win anything either
[14:21:23] axfox:
more than it needs*
[14:21:27] bomberboysk:
and when i do its all stupid coolermaster stuff
[14:21:31] nascasho to axfox:
Well duuuuuur
[14:21:35] bomberboysk:
notebook cooling pad, power supply, shirt,
[14:21:43] nascasho:
I want a shirt!!!
[14:21:46] bomberboysk to axfox:
no such thing as too little vcore
[14:21:57] axfox:
well
[14:22:01] bomberboysk to axfox:
lower is better when it comes to vcore
[14:22:04] ARavenousChimp:
I had my Q9550 at 1v
[14:22:11] nascasho:
Damn, really?
[14:22:12] ARavenousChimp:
that was fun...
[14:22:15] ARavenousChimp:
yeah
[14:22:20] bomberboysk to axfox:
heck
[14:22:30] bomberboysk:
nate has his W3520 at what?
[14:22:36] axfox:
uh I'm not talking about that
[14:22:38] bomberboysk:
close to 4ghz iirc and less than 1 volt
[14:22:47] ARavenousChimp:
Lol
[14:22:54] nascasho:
I saw a friggin w3520 or whaever on XS at 1.35V at like 5Ghz!
[14:22:54] axfox:
if your cpu isn't stable cause of having too little vcore its bad fori t
[14:22:57] axfox:
for it*
[14:23:26] ARavenousChimp:
mine was stable at 1v. unstable at 0.966 though
[14:23:34] bomberboysk:
no
[14:23:38] bomberboysk:
its not bad for it
[14:23:43] bomberboysk:
undervolting a cpu wont damage it
[14:23:55] axfox:
1.) Electrical Specification must be satisfied (1.55v for 65nm CPU and 1.45v for 45nm CPU)

2.) Signal Quality must be clear (Overclock must be perfectly stable, GTL lanes may need to be tweaked)

3.) Mechanical specifications met (There is not a physical defect and the insides have not previously been gutted by running 1.9v through it)

4.) Thermal Specifications must be satisfied (The IHS temp must be below Tcase)
bmxjumperc left this room.
[14:24:01] nascasho:
Yeah, how the hell undervoltaing cause dmage?
[14:24:13] axfox:
Criteria for expecting long time reliablity and stability
[14:24:17] nascasho:
I would think it would prevent it
[14:24:23] nascasho:
From intel
[14:24:24] axfox:
I'm not saying undervolting, I NEVER said that
[14:24:26] nascasho:
they speak lies
[14:24:27] axfox:
I said not giving it enough
[14:24:34] bomberboysk:
thats called undervolting
[14:24:40] bomberboysk:
even then it wont damage it
[14:24:43] axfox:
ughh
[14:24:44] bomberboysk:
they are transistors
[14:24:52] bomberboysk:
they cannot be damaged by too little voltage
[14:24:52] axfox:
I SAID NOT GIVING IT ENOUGH
[14:24:55] axfox:
god
[14:24:59] bomberboysk:
i just f*cking siad that
[14:25:02] axfox:
what can't you read?

[14:25:17] bomberboysk:
not giving it enough= too little voltage
[14:25:19] ARavenousChimp:
people who care for stability and relabiltiy and chip longevity dont overclock. me I'm replacing my mobo and cpu within the next year.
[14:25:21] bomberboysk:
it will not damage a chip
[14:25:30] axfox:
if your overclock isn't stable, that's bad for the CPU
[14:25:36] bomberboysk:
haha
[14:25:37] bomberboysk:
noob
[14:25:42] nascasho:
Everyones clock in here is stable
[14:25:56] axfox:
I never said undervolting (which usually refers to undervolting your CPUs stock voltage at stock speeds)
[14:26:12] bomberboysk:
no
[14:26:12] axfox:
And?
I never said any of your clocks aren't stable
[14:26:22] bomberboysk:
undervolting is putting your voltage below spec
[14:26:24] nascasho:
Just sayin...
[14:26:29] bomberboysk:
hence the word UNDER
[14:26:31] bomberboysk:
meaning BELOW
[14:26:42] axfox to bomberboysk:

2.) Signal Quality must be clear (Overclock must be perfectly stable, GTL lanes may need to be tweaked)
[14:26:45] ARavenousChimp:
new topic. I like danishes. my favorite are chrry
[14:26:48] ARavenousChimp:
*cherry
[14:26:49] axfox to bomberboysk:
What don't you understand about that?
[14:26:49] bomberboysk:
lol
[14:26:50] nascasho:
+1
[14:26:55] bomberboysk:
those are lies
[14:26:59] nascasho:
I like chip ahoy
[14:27:01] axfox to bomberboysk:
oh wow
[14:27:02] axfox to bomberboysk:
http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...-voltages.html
[14:27:25] nascasho:
That guy lies because his name has "chicken" in it
[14:27:28] axfox to bomberboysk:
read it before you say anything else stupid.
[14:27:29] nascasho:
SO fail
[14:27:47] bomberboysk:
haha
[14:27:54] axfox to bomberboysk:
aahah wow
[14:27:57] nascasho:
I OC'd to 9000Ghz at 0.999V. What now?
[14:28:03] bomberboysk:
ill go make a post on a random forum and then it becomes true? good to know
[14:28:04] nascasho:
Stable too
[14:28:16] axfox:
stop using memes, they belong in 4chan
[14:28:19] axfox:
not here
[14:28:25] nascasho:
memes?
[14:28:28] bomberboysk:
you know where you belong?
[14:28:29] bomberboysk:
not here
[14:28:31] nascasho:
what a meme?
[14:28:36] axfox to bomberboysk:
yes, over 9000, and whatnot
[14:28:36] bomberboysk:
because nobody likes noobs
[14:28:36] nascasho:
Youyou?
[14:28:46] axfox to bomberboysk:
My my my.
[14:28:49] ARavenousChimp:
maybe he should talk about candlejack for us. aww da
[14:28:54] axfox:
my my.
[14:29:35] nascasho:
So thats a meme?
[14:29:48] nascasho:
Like over 9000 and stuff?
No, I think it's fair to say you're not the moron. Pretty much made my day reading that actually.

"That guy lies because his name has "chicken" in it" just wow

To Nascasho:
Gaming PC / HTPC
(17 items)
 
Bedroom PC
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Prime Z270-A GB Auros-X 1080 Ti G-Skill (2x8gb) 3000mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Western Digital 5900rpm Seagate 7200rpm LG 22x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 x64 Pro LG 55" 4k B6 OLED Microsoft Desktop 400 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 V2 NZXT Source 210 Microsoft Desktop 400 Black 
Audio
Custom Surround 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2120T Biostar H61MH Intel HD 2000 G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128gb Asus 24x DVD Burner Stock Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 40" 1080p HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Silverstone 400W ST40F-ES Silverstone ML03B 
Other
Linksys WMP600N Wireless Card 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC / HTPC
(17 items)
 
Bedroom PC
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Prime Z270-A GB Auros-X 1080 Ti G-Skill (2x8gb) 3000mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Western Digital 5900rpm Seagate 7200rpm LG 22x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 x64 Pro LG 55" 4k B6 OLED Microsoft Desktop 400 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 V2 NZXT Source 210 Microsoft Desktop 400 Black 
Audio
Custom Surround 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2120T Biostar H61MH Intel HD 2000 G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128gb Asus 24x DVD Burner Stock Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 40" 1080p HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Silverstone 400W ST40F-ES Silverstone ML03B 
Other
Linksys WMP600N Wireless Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #386 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenInferno View Post
No, I think it's fair to say you're not the moron. Pretty much made my day reading that actually.

"That guy lies because his name has "chicken" in it" just wow

To Nascasho:
haha

They also said that the EVGA P55 FTW only came with Foxconn sockets (odd enough, I've got a lotes socket and so do anandtech), as well as you can get a i7 920 setup for less than a i5 P55 setup. After I proved he was wrong, he said well you can get a 920 @ microcenter for 200 anyday. (can't you only get 2 anyway?). Then he mentioned he got a used one for 5 cents.

He was also using 4chan memes such as "over 9000"..


I hate going to the EVGA chats. You never get anything good out of them unless there is a EVGA employee or somebody well respected there. (like the overclockers and whatnot)
Michael
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.4 @ 1.36 HT OFF ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x SLI EVGA GTX 275 Corsair XMS3 1600MHz CAS8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500 GB WD 7200 RPM + Maxtor 120 GB 2x Sony DVD Burners (24x) Windows 7 RTM x64 ACER 23" 1920x1080 x233h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some crap PS/2 HP keyboard 750 WATT CORSAIR Coolermaster HAF-932 Microsoft Wired Mouse 
Mouse Pad
USA Flag pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Michael
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.4 @ 1.36 HT OFF ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 2x SLI EVGA GTX 275 Corsair XMS3 1600MHz CAS8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500 GB WD 7200 RPM + Maxtor 120 GB 2x Sony DVD Burners (24x) Windows 7 RTM x64 ACER 23" 1920x1080 x233h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some crap PS/2 HP keyboard 750 WATT CORSAIR Coolermaster HAF-932 Microsoft Wired Mouse 
Mouse Pad
USA Flag pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #387 of 599
Thread Starter 
That is a cornucopia and was found by googling "cornicopia" and having google fix my spelling to find the right image.
Gaming PC / HTPC
(17 items)
 
Bedroom PC
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Prime Z270-A GB Auros-X 1080 Ti G-Skill (2x8gb) 3000mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Western Digital 5900rpm Seagate 7200rpm LG 22x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 x64 Pro LG 55" 4k B6 OLED Microsoft Desktop 400 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 V2 NZXT Source 210 Microsoft Desktop 400 Black 
Audio
Custom Surround 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2120T Biostar H61MH Intel HD 2000 G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128gb Asus 24x DVD Burner Stock Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 40" 1080p HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Silverstone 400W ST40F-ES Silverstone ML03B 
Other
Linksys WMP600N Wireless Card 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming PC / HTPC
(17 items)
 
Bedroom PC
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 7700k Asus Prime Z270-A GB Auros-X 1080 Ti G-Skill (2x8gb) 3000mhz  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 Western Digital 5900rpm Seagate 7200rpm LG 22x DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D14 Win 10 x64 Pro LG 55" 4k B6 OLED Microsoft Desktop 400 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX750 V2 NZXT Source 210 Microsoft Desktop 400 Black 
Audio
Custom Surround 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2120T Biostar H61MH Intel HD 2000 G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung Evo 128gb Asus 24x DVD Burner Stock Win 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG 40" 1080p HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Silverstone 400W ST40F-ES Silverstone ML03B 
Other
Linksys WMP600N Wireless Card 
  hide details  
Reply
post #388 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenInferno View Post
That is a cornucopia and was found by googling "cornicopia" and having google fix my spelling to find the right image.

LOL!!!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 3849B018 4420 MHz P6T7 WS GTX295 CoOp HydroCopper 691/1440/1224 Super-Talent Chrome @ 1691 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2*WD3000HLFS RAID0,2*WD1001FALS RAID0,WD1500AHFD GH22LS30 * 2 Windows 7 Pro x64 LG W3000H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 100 Corsair HX1000W Cardboard Box 3000 Death Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 3849B018 4420 MHz P6T7 WS GTX295 CoOp HydroCopper 691/1440/1224 Super-Talent Chrome @ 1691 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2*WD3000HLFS RAID0,2*WD1001FALS RAID0,WD1500AHFD GH22LS30 * 2 Windows 7 Pro x64 LG W3000H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech EX 100 Corsair HX1000W Cardboard Box 3000 Death Adder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #389 of 599
So you're telling me my load temps are 34 on both cores, when in my BIOS my idle temp is 36?
It plays TF2
(18 items)
 
LG Nexus 5
(12 items)
 
Acer 5745PG
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASRock Z97 Extreme6 Asus GTX980 Strix 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vector 128GB Seagate 2TB  Seagate 500GB 7200.12 Some LG that works properly 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H105 Windows 8 Pro 64bit Samsung B2330h MS Digital Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M600 Coolermaster CM690II Advanced Logitech G500s CyberSnipa Something 
AudioAudio
JVC RX700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 LG Something + Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 Adreno 330 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
32 GB internal storage 8MP AutoAwesomeHDRFace + 1MP SelfieMachine Air Android 4.4.2 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
True HD IPS+ 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.95 inches Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery LG Sexybox Capacitive touchscreen 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 480m @ 2.66GHz GT420M 1GB 4GB DDR3 WD 750GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit 15" 1366x768 + two point touchscreen 
  hide details  
Reply
It plays TF2
(18 items)
 
LG Nexus 5
(12 items)
 
Acer 5745PG
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790k ASRock Z97 Extreme6 Asus GTX980 Strix 4GB Kingston HyperX Fury Black 2x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
OCZ Vector 128GB Seagate 2TB  Seagate 500GB 7200.12 Some LG that works properly 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H105 Windows 8 Pro 64bit Samsung B2330h MS Digital Media Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster Silent Pro M600 Coolermaster CM690II Advanced Logitech G500s CyberSnipa Something 
AudioAudio
JVC RX700 Creative X-Fi Titanium 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400 LG Something + Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 Adreno 330 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
32 GB internal storage 8MP AutoAwesomeHDRFace + 1MP SelfieMachine Air Android 4.4.2 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
True HD IPS+ 1080 x 1920 pixels, 4.95 inches Non-removable Li-Po 2300 mAh battery LG Sexybox Capacitive touchscreen 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i5 480m @ 2.66GHz GT420M 1GB 4GB DDR3 WD 750GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit 15" 1366x768 + two point touchscreen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #390 of 599
Quote:
Originally Posted by biltong View Post
So you're telling me my load temps are 34 on both cores, when in my BIOS my idle temp is 36?
The BIOS is worthless for that. Don't go by the BIOS. Go by Real Temp or Core Temp. Try both and use the one you like better.

But in order to determine load temps, run the Small FFTs test in the 64-bit version of Prime95 (because you have a 64-bit operating system) for about 10 minutes.
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › The Truth about Temperatures and Voltages