Overclock.net banner

The Last Remnant PC

15K views 104 replies 33 participants last post by  BoredErica 
#1 ·
See less See more
#5 ·
i think its 5 days to go... woohoooo gotta rush far cry 2 and dead space. When i get this, im gonna take it nice and slow
I average ~75fps @1680x1050 max setting so I think performance won't be an issue this time *cross fingers*

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by gian84
View Post

i think its 5 days to go... woohoooo gotta rush far cry 2 and dead space. When i get this, im gonna take it nice and slow
I average ~75fps @1680x1050 max setting so I think performance won't be an issue this time *cross fingers*

O really... I get down to single digits in battles. Maybe this game isn't X-fire friendly

#10 ·
1 digit? hmm, well even if cf fails and it runs on 1 cards, you should still be good to go and performance shouldnt go 1 digit...

@Coma
you lucky bastard lol tell us how its like later, at least the 1st 10hrs if its really free from any issues.

Yeah, i might run this in japanese too with english subtitles (if possible). Makes it sound more authentic jrpg.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyxix
View Post

O really... I get down to single digits in battles. Maybe this game isn't X-fire friendly

Just pull down your shadows to the lowest setting. They don't really look any different to me at the lowest and that fixes the horrible stuttering and low fps in battles

#13 ·
+1 that. i found the shadows to be the only reason why i stutter occasionally esp in battles. I have them midhigh and its ok at that with my sig rig.

#14 ·
Bleh. I FRAPSed the introduction (about 22 min). I'll upload it to YouTube later, but one thing I noticed is the lipsync was done to the English dub, and when you set voices to Japanese it doesn't change, so it's not quite right. If you read the subs while looking at the lips you can see it fits.

#15 ·
This game is releasing at $40.00...I know I should be glad but I often worry about the quality of the game when it releases at a lower than normal cost...especially if its a console port.

Though Sins of a Solar Empire released at $40 too and that was one of the better games I've played in recent years.

#16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coma
View Post

Bleh. I FRAPSed the introduction (about 22 min). I'll upload it to YouTube later, but one thing I noticed is the lipsync was done to the English dub, and when you set voices to Japanese it doesn't change, so it's not quite right. If you read the subs while looking at the lips you can see it fits.

yeh in the demo i kind of noticed the lips matched the english dialogue. o wells having it all in english is ok i suppose..

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by h4rdcor3 View Post
so, those of you who have played it, is it worth getting? (after i finish final fantasy tactics that is)
Yes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone View Post
I was going to try it out, thinking, "wow, looks neat".

Then I found out his name was Rush...

No thanks
That's a really strange reason.

#24 ·
I'm a jrpg fan myself ever since FF V but as time goes by I have a hard time getting hooked to a game if it doesn't meet my weird standards.

Take the last few I've played for instance: FFXII bored me so much with its bland characters and political background that I felt I was playing a missing scene from The Phantom Menace. Dragon quest VIII was as generic as rpgs get in terms of gameplay and story, and having Akira Toriyama's designs wasn't going to get it any points with me (unless one of the characters got to turn his hair yellow and blow up planets by spitting at them).
Now Persona 3, for all it's M-A-N-Y flaws it's weirdly addictive, if anything because it succeeds in being different if you can forgive the broken battle system and the unpolished s-link leveling.
I've played the LR demo (which I didn't know from the x360) but I got all w t f like when I saw the overcrowded battle screen and main menu and since there was no story to be seen I was left unnimpressed. I may give it another chance when the full game comes but until then it's a miss for me.

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thewebmaster179
View Post

I may give it another chance when the full game comes but until then it's a miss for me.

Better make your final stance soon, I believe it's available tomorrow.

Edit: I'll agree though, the demo left something to be desired in the way of trying to get you interested. But I had nothing better going on so I took the time to get myself into the game without the tutorials, etc. And once you really started figuring out the battle controls, and what was going on in the world, it really is an interesting little piece to play around with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.